PDA

View Full Version : 'Multiple fatalities' in Orlando shooting, officials say

Teh One Who Knocks
06-05-2017, 01:29 PM
FOX News

Police are investigating a shooting in Orlando Monday morning with "multiple fatalities," officials said.

http://i.imgur.com/VlTSWUA.jpg

Officers gathered in a parking lot outside a warehouse off Forsyth Road in Orange County, near Full Sail University, sometime before 9 a.m.

Orange County Sheriff's Office said it responded to a shooting in the area and the scene has been "stabilized." They confirmed there were multiple people dead.

http://i.imgur.com/Q5C1wYS.jpg

The shooting comes a week before the anniversary of the Pulse nightclub massacre were 49 people were fatally shot by Omar Mateen, an Islamic extremist.

This is a developing story

lost in melb.
06-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Well, I'm going to bed. Sending prayers to Orlando :|

Teh One Who Knocks
06-05-2017, 03:45 PM
FOX News and The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/bWBbIHj.jpg

Five people were shot and killed at an Orlando business on Monday morning by a "disgruntled" former employee who then turned the gun on himself, police said.

Officers responded to a call about an active shooter at Fiamma off Forsyth Road in Orange County, near Full Sail University, just after 8 a.m., Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said in a news conference. Deputies arrived two minutes later, where they found three men and a woman dead at the scene. A fifth person, a man, was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Seven people survived the shooting.

Demings said that the alleged shooter, who killed himself, was identified as a 45-year-old man who had been fired from Fiamma Inc., an awning manufacturing company, back in April. The employee had a criminal history "minor in nature," with arrests for possession of marijuana and DUI. Officers had been called to the company back in June 2014 for a "workplace violence incident" in which "he allegedly battled another employee here in the business," Demings said.

Shelley Adams told The Associated Press that her sister, Sheila McIntyre, called her from the building's bathroom during the shooting and was very upset. She kept repeating "My boss is dead. My boss is dead," Adams said.

A witness said they heard multiple, very loud gunshots, according to Fox 35 Orlando.

The FBI was on the scene assisting local police on the investigation, a spokesperson from the bureau told Fox News. But Demings said authorities could not "connect the incident to any global terrorism."

Florida Gov. Rick Scott said in a statement that he has been briefed on the situation.

"Over the past year, the Orlando community has been challenged like never before," Scott said.

"Ann and I are praying for the families who lost loved ones today. I ask all Floridians to pray for the families impacted by this senseless act of violence. I will remain in contact with the Orlando law enforcement community throughout the day as more information is made available," the statement read.

The shooting comes a week before the one-year anniversary of the Pulse nightclub massacre, also in Orlando, where 49 people were fatally shot by Omar Mateen, an Islamic extremist.

redred
06-05-2017, 04:05 PM
if there is a plus side at least it's not another terrorist attack :|

RBP
06-05-2017, 04:15 PM
if there is a plus side at least it's not another terrorist attack :|

Islamaphobe :hand:

DemonGeminiX
06-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Looks like there are job openings in Orlando.

:outtahere: