PDA

View Full Version : Why women-only screenings of Wonder Woman signal the end of men

lost in melb.
06-09-2017, 07:56 AM
We live in an increasingly unstable society. The fault lines run everywhere beneath the seemingly calm facade of everyday life, ready to crack at any moment.

Destruction lurks around every corner, and you can probably already tell I'm talking about 'women-only' cinema screenings of the new film Wonder Woman.http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/8589394-3x2-460x307.jpg

These lethal experiments began this week at the Alamo Drafthouse theatre in Austin, Texas, spreading from there to other locations across America.

"Apologies, gentlemen, but we're embracing our girl power and saying 'No Guys Allowed' for one special night," the Alamo Ritz theatre said in a promotional statement.

"And when we say 'People Who Identify As Women Only,' we mean it."

The gender-exclusive screenings have been selling out, which raises the chilling possibility that this may be yet another pernicious American trend that migrates to our shores.

Understandably, the reaction to the screenings has been fierce and fast. Twitter was set alight by angry men crying for their lost rights.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Er, isn't this kinda inherently sexist? Not to mention the fact that the legality is questionable given the Civil Rights Act...</p>&mdash; Joe Scibelli (@JoeScibelli22) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeScibelli22/status/867857737325002753">25 May 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"If you had a guys only screening of Thor 3 there'd be an uproar and you know it," one Twitter user fumed at the Drafthouse.

"Hi I am also a male and I wholeheartedly disagree with any and all discrimination and segregation," said another.

@JoeScibelli22 summed it all up succinctly: "Er," he tweeted, "isn't this kinda inherently sexist? Not to mention the fact that the legality is questionable given the Civil Rights Act..."

There are many more pleas for equality and justice like these. Yet there are also those who criticise, even mock, these gentle, freedom-loving men who seek only to point out the intolerable oppression that the modern male is subjected to.

What those who would deride @terminalpreppy1 fail to understand is that women-only screenings are the top of a slippery slope that will end in calamity for the civilisation we men have worked so hard to build.

What are men supposed to do? 'Go to a different screening'?
Why are women-only Wonder Woman screenings such a threat to our way of life?

Well, it is certainly correct they are discriminatory; that's why Stephen Clark — a law professor at Albany Law School — took legal action against the theatre chain, alleging that the Drafthouse screenings discriminated against male customers based on their gender.

Indeed, if we allow discrimination in movie theatres, where will it end? Discrimination in restaurants, in workplaces? That is not the kind of society I want to live in.

And what exactly are the men who want to see Wonder Woman supposed to do? Just "go to a different screening"?

I'm sorry, I thought we lived in a democracy, where everyone has an equal right to go to any screening of any movie they want to.

"Go to a different screening"? Why not just ask Rosa Parks to "catch a different bus"?

But this goes beyond discrimination. These screenings are a potent cocktail of conspiracy, indoctrination and incitement that is set to explode in an orgy of violence.

Let us consider the nature of this "Wonder Woman" — a professional agitator who is dedicated to one cause: assaulting men.

She punches them, kicks them, ties them up with rope in some kind of sick psychosexual game, and in the movie she even seems to have a sword — a dangerous weapon in the hands of even trained historical recreationists, let alone an amateur female.

141 minutes of man-hating
"Wonder Woman" also apparently has a whole battalion of friends — also women — who enjoy maiming men just as much as she does.

So what we have here is a movie explicitly promoting the lassoing, beating and stabbing of male members of the population, by female members of the population. And this movie is being shown to theatres exclusively full of women.

The women who attend these screenings will be drinking in the bloodthirsty antics of Wonder Woman and her teste-hating pals, having their eyes and ears pummelled non-stop for 141 minutes with the message: "What is good in life is to hit men until they bleed."

And crucially, they'll be doing so without the calming presence of men, to temper the bloodlust and help them remember the virtues of tolerance and decorum, decency and respect.

It was only the efforts of such wise, experienced men, accompanying their womenfolk to the pictures, that prevented an epidemic of murders in the wake of Thelma and Louise.

Now that crucial handbrake on the animal lusts of the human female has been removed, and I fear the results will, unlike Wonder Woman, not be pretty.

What women-only screenings have unleashed upon America — and the world, if the trend spreads — is a legion of women ready and willing to emulate their new role model, by attacking, even killing men.

Already we see little girls everywhere wearing Wonder Woman costumes: how long before those little girls take the logical next step and live out their fantasy by garrotting their male schoolmates?

Society only works because our worst impulses are kept in check by a sense of shared humanity: once that sense of shared humanity is replaced by a sense of how much fun it would be to roundhouse kick your husband's head off, the whole damn thing crumbles.

The first thing to note is that there are clearly situations when a catcall or wolf whistle is not only appropriate, but necessary, writes Ben Pobjie.
These screenings are set to usher in a new age where male corpses litter the streets, where triumphant women rampage through town squares with men's heads held high on pikes, and where the last few cowering males of our species hide in dank caves to postpone their agonising deaths at the hand of roaming bands of extreme cosplayers.

Us men have known all our lives that there may come a day when we are slaughtered en masse by women with passions inflamed: but little did we think it would be superhero movies, our closest and dearest friends, that would bring it about.

I call on the Alamo Drafthouse to cease facilitating these clandestine meetings of violent separatists, that simultaneously inspire anti-male violence, and give women a safe place in which to plan it.

I call on all other theatres to resist the temptation to join in the disintegration of society by allowing their own female patrons to be recruited to the boy-murder movement. But I fear it's already too late.

The genie is out of its bottle, and it's a lady genie, and it is coming to punch us all to death.

lost in melb.
06-09-2017, 08:02 AM
http://thumbs.richards-realm.com/fhgs/110/110128/110128.jpg

DemonGeminiX
06-09-2017, 09:59 AM
Hey, if they want women only screenings for pieces of shit like this, then they can have it. Won't bother me at all. And yes, I did see the flick, and yes, in my humble opinion, it was a big steaming pile of shit.

RBP
06-09-2017, 11:24 AM
Sarcastic prick.

deebakes
06-09-2017, 12:34 PM
:rip: men

Muddy
06-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Are you guys really moved at all by a stupid story like this? :lol:

deebakes
06-09-2017, 02:22 PM
answer: no :lol:

RBP
06-09-2017, 02:58 PM
Are you guys really moved at all by a stupid story like this? :lol:

Only as a means to point out how stupid these broads are.

Muddy
06-09-2017, 03:15 PM
It just doesn't move me at all.. Let them watch their stupid fantasy movie together.