PDA

View Full Version : Sex Study: Straight Men ‘Kiss, Cuddle, and Spoon’ Their Best Friends

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2017, 11:43 AM
By Ian Miles Cheong - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/dyXFRMah.jpg

A new study published in Sex Roles: A Journal of Research claims that straight men in “bromances” make out and cuddle with each other, much like gay men do.

According to gay men’s magazine Attitude, which wrote about the study, the researchers asked a series of questions to a handful of British undergrads who identified as heterosexual. The aim was to uncover their hidden proclivities. The 30 young men who answered the questionnaire said they engaged in “non-sexual physical intimacy” including kissing, cuddling and spooning their best bros.

Unsurprisingly, the study’s participants describe “bromantic” friends as “someone who is really there for you all the time” and “will always be there to back you up if you need it.”

“A bromance is between friends whose mutual support is perceived as limitless and unwavering. All of the participants said they had at least one relationship they would class as a bromance,” said researcher Adam White, per Attitude.

The findings are dubious, given that participants who self-identified as straight may, in fact, be gay. There is also the possibility that many of them could have been simply trolling when answering the questionnaire.

If there is any veracity to the study at all, it’s that there are many more gay men out there than people realize—but proving that will require a sample size much larger than 30 people.

Goofy
06-12-2017, 12:02 PM
:-s

redred
06-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Godfather?

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2017, 01:22 PM
Definitely a millennial thing

Muddy
06-12-2017, 02:01 PM
Umm No.

RBP
06-12-2017, 02:05 PM
Further proof that the feminist pussification of men is a misogynistic bullshit.

Muddy
06-12-2017, 02:10 PM
Men are pussies if they allow females to pussify them.. C'mon.. Has any of this feminist shit changed you? Not me at all.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-12-2017, 03:25 PM
I call BS

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2017, 03:31 PM
Are those the initials of your straight friend that you like to kiss and spoon with?

PorkChopSandwiches
06-12-2017, 03:39 PM
:tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2017, 03:40 PM
:lol:

Muddy
06-12-2017, 03:43 PM
Bobby Spoonsalot

RBP
06-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Men are pussies if they allow females to pussify them.. C'mon.. Has any of this feminist shit changed you? Not me at all.

Yes, it's made me angry and bitter. :lol:

But you surely don't think it has had no effect on the role of men in society. Are they willing to be turned into pussies, probably, but the general expectation is totally different. I want to puke listening to young guys talk in my car.

Muddy
06-12-2017, 07:22 PM
Yes, it's made me angry and bitter. :lol:

But you surely don't think it has had no effect on the role of men in society. Are they willing to be turned into pussies, probably, but the general expectation is totally different. I want to puke listening to young guys talk in my car.

I think men are tired and have given up the fight so to speak. It's easy to be a pussy and I think some of these guys just want to fag out.. I wouldn't give all that glory to women though. Is there an assault on masculinity? Probably.. Are you one of the real men that can handle it is the question. Not all of us want to cuddle men and put glitter and shit around our anuses..

PorkChopSandwiches
06-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Meanwhile I'm over here like....

http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/glitter-beard-trend-100__700.jpg

Muddy
06-12-2017, 07:37 PM
I knew it!! GLITTTER!!! :villagers:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-12-2017, 07:46 PM
Get over here and cuddle me dammit

Muddy
06-12-2017, 08:21 PM
No kissing though...

PorkChopSandwiches
06-12-2017, 08:32 PM
:hand: Dont be gay

DemonGeminiX
06-12-2017, 09:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HoYp1cA.gif

Griffin
06-12-2017, 10:46 PM
for the record...I'm not snugglin with any of you nancys

RBP
06-12-2017, 11:19 PM
for the record...I'm not snugglin with any of you nancys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2vkiLHiTcY

Godfather
06-13-2017, 01:25 AM
Further proof that the feminist pussification of men is a misogynistic bullshit.

There was a dude Sebastian Junger on a podcast I was listening to the other day talking about depression and suicide rates being extremely high among the most "privileged" (young adult to middle aged white males) in our society. He didn't blame it on feminism (although I doubt he'd say it's not a factor) per-say. His take was that beginning possibly with the agricultural and industrial revolutions, but now much more so with the technological revolution, we've undermined what he believes is our genetic and biological default state, and our sense of purpose.

I'll try and summarize his theory. Basically it was that humans spent tens of thousand of years living in small societies of 30-40. You woke up every day with a purpose, you had fear, you had to provide and care for each other, there was a high sense of hegemony (ties in with feminist as you mention) simply didn't survive. Nowadays you can easily argue that it's incredibly difficult to find a true sense of worth and purpose in almost any job in our usual society, white collar, blue collar... ultimately there's a huge loss of sense of value. What is my job really doing? And more importantly, how many of us actually wake up fearing how we'll eat and provide and survive the next 24 hours - which again he argued is our biological default state. Maybe it'll evolve, but that doesn't happen as quickly as our society has changed.

Tim was a war correspondent and talked about how much value and purpose the boys he was a with at OP Restrepo in Afghanistan felt. Even though life was utter shit (no water, no power, daily fire fights), they were a tribe, and were incredibly depressed they got when they came home. Even he went into a deep depression after living up on that hill and getting shot at every day for months. He mentioned that when things like the Blitz in WWII happened, or after 9/11, admissions to psych hospitals and suicide rates plummeted in London and New York respectively because people felt a sense of belonging and purpose, even just for a short period of time. And then how in 2008 when the economy collapsed, there were more suicides of mostly younger to middle-aged men than both Iraq and Afghanistan combined, perhaps because sense of worth hit all time lows, with a ~5000 person spike in suicide (this was a podcast so I didn't fact-check any of this)

Another interesting tirade he went on was talking about how when Europeans came to America, there were many instances of whites going and living with Native tribes and not wanting to leave, even some of the white hostages natives took apparently went into hiding to avoid being rescued... but he couldn't find a single instance of an aboriginal hopping over to European/colonial culture. He said he found evidence that people who went and lived with these small bands, even though life was tough, felt like they were living the right way.

Now he did admit, he was either not smart enough t ofind, or there is no solution to this problem. Obviously we're thriving, there are 7-billion of us and so many of us live an easy pampered life and he certainly was advocating we blow it up and start over... but it's not looking like it's mentally healthy, particularity when those who feminists or whatever say live the 'most privilege' actually have high rates of depression and suicide.

Just an interesting podcast that's been on my mind for a few days. I immediately though of you RBP, wondered where you'd weigh in on it.

RBP
06-13-2017, 04:33 AM
There was a dude Sebastian Junger on a podcast I was listening to the other day talking about depression and suicide rates being extremely high among the most "privileged" (young adult to middle aged white males) in our society. He didn't blame it on feminism (although I doubt he'd say it's not a factor) per-say. His take was that beginning possibly with the agricultural and industrial revolutions, but now much more so with the technological revolution, we've undermined what he believes is our genetic and biological default state, and our sense of purpose.

I'll try and summarize his theory. Basically it was that humans spent tens of thousand of years living in small societies of 30-40. You woke up every day with a purpose, you had fear, you had to provide and care for each other, there was a high sense of hegemony (ties in with feminist as you mention) simply didn't survive. Nowadays you can easily argue that it's incredibly difficult to find a true sense of worth and purpose in almost any job in our usual society, white collar, blue collar... ultimately there's a huge loss of sense of value. What is my job really doing? And more importantly, how many of us actually wake up fearing how we'll eat and provide and survive the next 24 hours - which again he argued is our biological default state. Maybe it'll evolve, but that doesn't happen as quickly as our society has changed.

Tim was a war correspondent and talked about how much value and purpose the boys he was a with at OP Restrepo in Afghanistan felt. Even though life was utter shit (no water, no power, daily fire fights), they were a tribe, and were incredibly depressed they got when they came home. Even he went into a deep depression after living up on that hill and getting shot at every day for months. He mentioned that when things like the Blitz in WWII happened, or after 9/11, admissions to psych hospitals and suicide rates plummeted in London and New York respectively because people felt a sense of belonging and purpose, even just for a short period of time. And then how in 2008 when the economy collapsed, there were more suicides of mostly younger to middle-aged men than both Iraq and Afghanistan combined, perhaps because sense of worth hit all time lows, with a ~5000 person spike in suicide (this was a podcast so I didn't fact-check any of this)

Another interesting tirade he went on was talking about how when Europeans came to America, there were many instances of whites going and living with Native tribes and not wanting to leave, even some of the white hostages natives took apparently went into hiding to avoid being rescued... but he couldn't find a single instance of an aboriginal hopping over to European/colonial culture. He said he found evidence that people who went and lived with these small bands, even though life was tough, felt like they were living the right way.

Now he did admit, he was either not smart enough t ofind, or there is no solution to this problem. Obviously we're thriving, there are 7-billion of us and so many of us live an easy pampered life and he certainly was advocating we blow it up and start over... but it's not looking like it's mentally healthy, particularity when those who feminists or whatever say live the 'most privilege' actually have high rates of depression and suicide.

Just an interesting podcast that's been on my mind for a few days. I immediately though of you RBP, wondered where you'd weigh in on it.

Thanks for this... very interesting. I think he has a very valid point and the same point is true of societal structures generally. When there are no rules you have no society. Rules, as I am defining it, are governing mores of behavior. When you erode them with no intent to replace them, you disrupt systems and create chaos. When I discuss feminism (or any other social movement for that matter), my largest objection is the extension of the movement beyond its useful intent. What I mean is social movements have a purpose (or used to, anyway). Once that purpose is achieved those movement need to die and make room for the next movement. However, to get to that point, the movement has to create large critical mass. That critical mass involved a lot of people and investors whose life and livelihood are dependent on that movement perpetuating. Oh shit, right? We met our goal, now what? The "now what" is the creation of new and different spins to perpetuate the cause at, ironically, the expense of the original purpose.

Why else have racial and feminist groups insisted on making the same argument as 40 years ago, despite overwhelming evidence that they have achieved that goal? This explains SJW's as well, who had to escalate to perpetuate. And to perpetuate you need a new critical mass point! It's a cycle of absurdity.

On the point of suicidality, middle aged white males who are unmarried are now the largest at risk group. Stunning. (That data may exclude over 85 males who off themselves at a higher rate). I firmly believe that your podcast point of a sense of purpose is a factor. Men are wired that way. We need a purpose, we need to feel productive, we need to be needed. Absent that there is no point.

DemonGeminiX
06-13-2017, 05:40 AM
On the point of suicidality, middle aged white males who are unmarried are now the largest at risk group.

:nervous:

Is it too late for me to become an old black guy and get married?

Godfather
06-13-2017, 05:52 AM
:nervous:

Is it too late for me to become an old black guy and get married?

https://media.giphy.com/media/rjWu7ks7deuxa/giphy.gif

lost in melb.
06-13-2017, 09:14 AM

Yep, add to that a whole lot of psychological issues we have that they don't. There are accounts too of whites joining Tibetan clans and Aboriginal ones here, and not wanting to leave.

On the point of suicidality, middle aged white males who are unmarried are now the largest at risk group. Stunning. (That data may exclude over 85 males who off themselves at a higher rate). I firmly believe that your podcast point of a sense of purpose is a factor. Men are wired that way. We need a purpose, we need to feel productive, we need to be needed. Absent that there is no point.

Yep, women are better at same-sex companionship and social activities than men at that age. The death statistics are frightening, as bad or worse than adolescent teens.

Also, adding to my previous point, when native tribes were taken away from their culture and the men therefore, in particular, lost their purpose it was game over for that entire society. Particularly bad amongst the Aboriginees here. We probably have the worst native peoples degradation in the world, but I have heard it's pretty bad in the Americas as well. They have no choice to assimilate, but for them it's going backwards even though, overall western culture is arguably more 'advanced' (another argument for another day), something essentially human appears to be lost. You can perhaps see it even more starkly in the millennials drifting about aimlessly, nowadays. From certain sense they can't be blamed, without solid role models and such a complicated culture that we live in. What exactly is a successful life? Kind of easy to qualify, but not to quantify. To much choice, perhaps?

RBP
06-13-2017, 01:09 PM
...something essentially human appears to be lost. You can perhaps see it even more starkly in the millennials drifting about aimlessly, nowadays. From certain sense they can't be blamed, without solid role models and such a complicated culture that we live in. What exactly is a successful life? Kind of easy to qualify, but not to quantify. To much choice, perhaps?

Yes, and add too little difficulty and challenge, too easy, too coddled. Here, you see far less degradation of masculinity is poorer communities than in wealthier communities. The phenomenon tends to be far more pronounced in white, financially stable, social groups. There are not many poor redneck or minority ghetto glitter beards and bromances. That matches with the movement you and GF have described from tribal cultures to western cultures. I also hypothesize that the accelerated rate of mainstreaming of ghetto culture in the US has as much to do with a primal instinct to be attracted to masculine dominate males (in addition to being counterculture and edgy), even when that association may be counterproductive socially or financially (by western standards), at even at increased safety risk.

deebakes
06-21-2017, 10:53 AM
good discussion points here boys :tup:

and that is not an invitation to cuddle :hand: