PDA

View Full Version : Trump slogans photoshopped out of high school yearbook

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2017, 05:32 PM
By Dean Balsamini - The New York Post

http://i.imgur.com/fFVEGz5.jpg

Fake photos!

Parents at a New Jersey high school are outraged that their kids’ yearbook photos were Photoshopped to remove pro-Trump slogans on their clothing.

One student at Wall HS had the “TRUMP Make America Great Again” motto deleted from his T-shirt, while a junior classmate had his fleece “Trump” vest sanitized. A third student, the freshman class president, was stunned to see that her selected quote — a Trump utterance — never made it to print.

http://i.imgur.com/zt1nnoul.jpg

“I want all the yearbooks reissued. Everybody gets a brand-new yearbook,” fumed Joseph Berardo, whose 17-year-old son, Grant, donned the Trump T-shirt on picture day last fall.

http://i.imgur.com/pc5r497.jpg

And I want a letter from the administration explaining why the yearbooks are being reissued, and it should be used as a teaching moment related to the First Amendment in civil discourse,” the father added.

Berardo bought $110 worth of photos of Grant in his “historic” T-shirt, but the Trump slogan was gone when his son received his yearbook on Thursday.

The dad said he made sure there were no dress-code restrictions before Grant wore the MAGA shirt. “It was the first election he took an interest in, and it was an interesting way to memorialize it,” the disappointed father said.

Berardo noted that a student wearing a New Jersey Devils shirt and a kid in a Led Zeppelin tee weren’t censored. Neither was a student in a Reagan-Bush shirt who appeared in a candid group shot. He also recalled Barack Obama T-shirts in past yearbooks.

“I don’t think there was a deep-seated plot here, but I think there’s a yearbook committee and a yearbook adviser, and somewhere in the mix someone or several people decided to censor three students,” Berardo said. “The fact that the committee found it OK to censor the president’s name or anything that wasn’t offensive is just wrong.”

Berardo told The Post he has a scheduled sit-down with Principal Rosaleen Sirchio and yearbook advisor Susan Parsons on Monday.

Parsons told The Post, “We have never made any action against any political party.” When asked if she knew who scrubbed the Trump images, she said, “I’m going to hang up.”

PorkChopSandwiches
06-12-2017, 06:08 PM
:facepalm: wtf

RBP
06-12-2017, 06:09 PM
:facepalm: wtf

Censoring hate speech. Would you let a kid wear a swastika? Stay woke, bro.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-12-2017, 06:14 PM
My bad

Griffin
06-12-2017, 11:03 PM
While vacationing with my brother and sister in law (both die hard democrats that will vote party even if hitler was running) a few weeks ago, we past an old pickup truck with ‘Hillary for Prison’ painted on the back glass.
SIL snidely says "Obviously a Trump supporter!"
I replied with "Not necessarily... Probably just can't stand Hillary!"

Quiet ride after that.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-13-2017, 10:42 AM
By Todd Starnes - FOX News

The yearbook class at Wall Township High School may need to create a new senior superlative: “Most Likely to Violate the First Amendment.”

And the first inductee might just be the school’s yearbook adviser.

Cheryl Dyer, the superintendent of Wall Township Public Schools told me the yearbook adviser has been suspended amid an investigation into the alteration of photos and the omission of text from students who support President Trump.

“The Board of Education president authorized me to suspend the yearbook adviser. I cannot comment further on personnel matters at this time,” Dyer told me.

In an earlier statement, Dyer said the school district values free speech and said the allegations of censorship were disturbing.

“Any inappropriate challenge to these principles will be rectified as swiftly and thoroughly as possible,” she said.

She went on to say “the administration does not condone any censorship of political views on the part of our students.”

However, at least three students who support President Trump have reported instances of censorship in the student yearbook.

Junior Grant Berardo could not believe it when he discovered his yearbook photo had been digitally altered. His “Make America Great Again” shirt had been covered up by a black T-shirt.

“It was photo-shopped,” he told the newspaper. “I like Trump, but it’s history, too. Wearing that shirt memorializes the time.”

Siblings Wyatt and Montana Debrovich-Fago also reported being censored. The words “Trump-Pence” were digitally removed from his sweater.

Montana, the schools’ freshman class president, reported that her Trump quote had been taken out of the yearbook. The quote read, “I like thinking big. If you are going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big.”

Their mother is demanding answers.

“I’m disappointed and angry,” Janet Dobrovich-Fago told me. “The [censorship] leads me to believe it’s definitely against President Trump.”

Mrs. Dobrovich-Fago said it’s hard to believe something like this could happen.

“I don’t know how somebody could have done that and thought it was okay to do,” she told me.

She said Wyatt is a passionate supporter of the president.

“He went to the inauguration. He went to rallies,” she said. “He has a voice and he wants to be heard. He is so upset with what’s going on in our country.”

Unfortunately, the youngster has been receiving quite a bit of hate mail from the anti-Trump crowd – some of it quite disturbing and vile, his mother said.

“He said, ‘Mom, it’s so sad to think that people would do this. He is our president. You may not like him, but you should show respect to him because he is our president,’” she said.

RBP
06-13-2017, 01:34 PM
Unfortunately, the youngster has been receiving quite a bit of hate mail from the anti-Trump crowd – some of it quite disturbing and vile, his mother said.

The problem is a Trump shirt, not the vile and disturbing "resistance movement". Got it. [/S]

PorkChopSandwiches
06-13-2017, 04:15 PM
Exactly :roll:

The Monk
06-14-2017, 01:35 AM
They should probably be grateful as in the future they won't have to look back on their stupidity in supporting such a moron..... Their grandkids will be saved the embarrassment... :lol:

deebakes
06-21-2017, 10:57 AM
:shock: