PDA

View Full Version : Trendy Moms Are Asking Their Babies Permission to Pick Them Up (So They Don’t Turn Into Rapists)

Teh One Who Knocks
06-15-2017, 12:00 PM
By Kieran Corcoran - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/5WHHdjph.jpg

Trendy Instagram moms are pioneering a new parenting trend – asking their babies for permission before picking them up.

Enterprising new parents claim to be expanding the boundaries of consent, even though their infants can’t talk and barely understand the world around them.

They claim that picking up babies without checking in with them first is an aspect of “rape culture” – and that raising them without involuntary lifting will make sure their sons don’t become rapists in later life.

The trend broke out of social media last week, when parent Nisha Moodley posted a selfie with her six-month-old son, Raven, describing her approach:

http://i.imgur.com/GOTNrwb.jpg

She claims she can “feel for his ‘yes'”, and that her parenting strategy will help #endrapeculture.

One commenter described the approach as “liberal horse-shitttttt”.

Others were more supportive, and said they do the same thing. Robin Weir, mother to a seven-month-old boy, wrote “We do this too… makes it feel more like we’re doing things ‘with’ him rather than ‘to’ him.”

More than 600 other users “liked” the post.

The breakout photo landed Moodley an interview with Yahoo! Beauty, where she expanded on the dangers of turning your offspring into a rapist by picking them up too eagerly.

She said: “I don’t ever want my son to be a sexual perpetrator or the victim of one, and the best thing I can do is honor his choices about his own body.

deebakes
06-21-2017, 11:16 AM
:suicide:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-21-2017, 12:53 PM
:suicide:

So you would want the kids to turn into rapists? :-s

Muddy
06-21-2017, 12:55 PM
These millennial's have all the answers..

Teh One Who Knocks
06-21-2017, 01:10 PM
I'm pretty sure my mom never asked my permission to pick me up when I was a baby, I'm not sure how I am sitting here at work instead of out raping :-k

Muddy
06-21-2017, 01:16 PM
Its crazy you turned out OK..

RBP
06-21-2017, 01:20 PM
I'm pretty sure my mom never asked my permission to pick me up when I was a baby, I'm not sure how I am sitting here at work instead of out raping :-k

That's exactly what a rapist would say :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-21-2017, 01:24 PM
Its crazy you turned out OK..

Maybe I'm defective :(

That's exactly what a rapist would say :hand:

Only another rapist would know what a rapist would say :nono:

Goofy
06-21-2017, 01:28 PM
Sounds like theres a bunch of rapists in here [-(

Noilly Pratt
06-21-2017, 03:18 PM
Are they upset that the kid cries when they pick them up? Do the same thing every time before you pick the kid up and they will be prepared. My Mom taught me to do the following with a baby: clap your hands 2x very softly and say "gonna pick you up" and then do so. You're then teaching them language at the same time.

Usually the kid will like it, in my experience.

Be consistent with what you do with infants and they won't turn into neurotic messes...

Teh One Who Knocks
06-21-2017, 03:45 PM
Are they upset that the kid cries when they pick them up? Do the same thing every time before you pick the kid up and they will be prepared. My Mom taught me to do the following with a baby: clap your hands 2x very softly and say "gonna pick you up" and then do so. You're then teaching them language at the same time.

Usually the kid will like it, in my experience.

Be consistent with what you do with infants and they won't turn into neurotic messes...

Do you wait and “feel for the baby's ‘yes'”? :-s

Otherwise: #rapeculture

Muddy
06-21-2017, 03:54 PM
You do a Vulcan mind meld on the child...

Godfather
06-21-2017, 03:57 PM
You do a Vulcan mind meld on the child...

I'm going to do the Vulcan death grip on these parents

Muddy
06-21-2017, 03:59 PM
Oh man.. Not the Vulcan shoulder pinch of death...

Griffin
06-21-2017, 10:36 PM
This planet has evolved into a bunch of fucking dip shits.

deebakes
06-22-2017, 03:14 AM
and rapists :lol:

RBP
06-22-2017, 05:51 AM
Sounds like a punk band. "The Dipshit Rapists"

Godfather
06-22-2017, 06:02 AM
Sounds like a punk band. "The Dipshit Rapists"

Hey good news, that one isn't taken!

http://i.imgur.com/Jt1JqcX.png

RBP
06-22-2017, 06:03 AM
Hey good news, that one isn't taken!

http://i.imgur.com/Jt1JqcX.png

:headbang:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-22-2017, 10:46 AM
Yesterday was a good day, I fought my urge to rape and didn't hurt anyone :) One day at a time as they say, time to start the fight over again today. :thumbsup: