PDA

View Full Version : Shaun King shares ‘banning white men’ theory after Steve Scalise shooting

Teh One Who Knocks
06-16-2017, 11:01 AM
By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times

http://i.imgur.com/20Hkla9.jpg

Black Lives Matter leader Shaun King used an attack on congressional Republicans early Wednesday morning to suggest a theory for reducing mass shootings — banning white men.

Rep. Steve Scalise and at least four others were hospitalized after 66-year-old shooting suspect James Hodgkinson of Belleville, Illinois, opened fire on an Alexandria, Virginia, baseball field. Mr. King, who also writes for the New York Daily News, told nearly 675,000 followers that the Louisiana congressman was essentially to blame for the attempt on his life.

“I’d like to take a quick second to break something down regarding this awful shooting in Alexandria, Virginia,” Mr. King wrote as part of a series of tweets. “I continue to say that if America wanted to drastically reduce mass shootings by way of a human ban, white men must be banned first. Of course, I am against banning any group of people, but factually speaking, banning white men would drastically reduce mass shootings. But, what you and I know, is that American safety is not really a priority to conservatives. They play games & political football with it.”

The activist also said that only white suspects are talked about with nuance.

“Instead of white people, in general, taking the heat for James Hodgkinson, he is almost instantly being called a liberal radical,” Mr. Kingsaid. “But when a Muslim does what James Hodgkinson just did, the prevailing white discourse is not to talk about the TYPE of Muslim he is.”

Mr. Hodgkinson, who volunteered for Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’ failed presidential campaign, died of his wounds shortly after exchanging gunfire with Capitol Police. His social media feeds were filled with anti-Trump and anti-Republican messages.

“I am sickened by this despicable act,” Mr. Sanders said after learning of the shooter’s identity. “Let me be as clear as I can be. Violence of any kind is unacceptable in our society, and I condemn this action in the strongest possible terms.”

DemonGeminiX
06-16-2017, 11:19 AM
:|

Goofy
06-16-2017, 12:28 PM
So many racist black folk :|

Muddy
06-16-2017, 05:06 PM
Tell me when that guy turns black.. Until then, Shut yo' fuckin mouff Honky!

RBP
06-16-2017, 05:15 PM
Yes, because BLM's priority should be to stop white people from killing groups of other white people. [/S]