PDA

View Full Version : NJ Democratic Strategist Launches #HuntRepublicans and #HuntRepublicanCongressmen

Teh One Who Knocks
06-16-2017, 02:58 PM
By Jillian Kay Melchior - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/ynAIk92h.jpg

After a shooter in Alexandria left House Majority Whip Steve Scalise in critical condition and wounded four other people, a longtime New Jersey Democratic political strategist responded by introducing the hashtags #HuntRepublicans and #HuntRepublicanCongressmen.

“We are in a war with selfish, foolish & narcissistic rich people,” wrote James Devine on Twitter. “Why is it a shock when things turn violent? #HuntRepublicanCongressmen.”

Devine has run for office, consulted for numerous New Jersey campaigns, and worked in the offices of state lawmakers. He’s also a blogger.

In an interview with MyCentralNewJersey.com, Devine said, “If you want to invite a class war, then you have to expect people to fight back at some point.” The Democratic strategist also wrote on Facebook that he had “little sympathy” for Scalise because of his lack of support for gun control.

Several New Jersey Democrats criticized Devine’s comments and said they did not endorse violence.

But Devine has refused to apologize and has continued using the controversial hashtags.

“I am sorry if my #HuntRepublicanCongressmen hashtag hurt the feelings of any GOP snowflakes but you have not egaged in civil discourse,” Devine said on Twitter late Thursday afternoon.

In an interview with New Jersey 101.5, Devine admitted his comments were “insensitive.”

“And I don’t care,” he said. “You want me to be politically correct? I don’t have time for that anymore.”

In 2014, Devine was convicted for shoplifting lettuce, protein powder and hair conditioner.

And in 2015, state election officials charged the Democratic strategist with 23 separate election-law violations; the Election Law Enforcement Commission claimed he never reported nearly $79,000 in contributions and more than $70,000 in expenditures involving his Central Jersey Democratic Leadership Committee.

Griffin
06-16-2017, 04:55 PM
and I thought that Obama was going to start the civil war with the wedges he drove between races.
... he did nothing compared to what his leftist minions are doing.

RBP
06-16-2017, 04:59 PM
Fucking lunatic and a criminal. And class warfare is a colloquialism not a literal call to arms. And what class warfare has to do with gun rights, I have no idea.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-16-2017, 05:01 PM
Can you imagine the backlash from the left if this had been a conservative saying this about democrats? This story is NOWHERE in the mainstream media.

Muddy
06-16-2017, 05:02 PM
#blacklash

Teh One Who Knocks
06-16-2017, 06:34 PM
The more I think about this one, how is this stuff he's spewing even legal? He is literally advocating for what happened earlier this week to happen again. :confused:

RBP
06-16-2017, 06:45 PM
The more I think about this one, how is this stuff he's spewing even legal? He is literally advocating for what happened earlier this week to happen again. :confused:

Because in that alternative universe, you can use any means necessary to stop what you disagree with by labeling it "hate".

Legally? Rationalizing isn't directly advocating, I would guess.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-16-2017, 06:48 PM
He's walking a fine line

RBP
06-16-2017, 06:55 PM
Legally, yes. Rationally, way across it.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-16-2017, 07:05 PM
Oh, rationally and morally he's so far across the line that he would need a guide to find his way back. I think that he's pretty close to being across it legally as well. I guess it's all in the way it's interpreted. But I could easily see this going to court if a republican lawmaker said he thought his life was more in danger because of this asshat.