View Full Version : Reporter gets vomited on during live newscast

Teh One Who Knocks
07-06-2017, 11:14 AM
By Joshua Rhett Miller - The New York Post

<iframe allowfullscreen="" src="//players.brightcove.net/4137224153001/ed38fae1-4db1-4308-8095-399a04010bc1_default/index.html?videoId=5493322797001" width="618" height="348" frameborder="0"></iframe>

A California reporter covering a booze-fueled running and swimming competition learned the hard way that fireworks aren’t the only explosive act in town on the Fourth of July — after a person vomited on her during a live newscast.

KTLA reporter Wendy Burch was surrounded by beer-swilling revelers Tuesday at the annual Ironman Run-Paddle-Chug competition, during which participants run and swim one mile before chugging a six-pack of beer.

“Groups of men, and yes, a few brave women, formed rings around cases of beer,” Burch recalled later on Huffington Post.

“From my vantage point, the first beer went down easy,” she said. “That one seemed refreshing and life-affirming for some of the participants.”

The crew broke for a 10-minute break, but returned for a live report from the beach. Burch grabbed a large man whom she described as someone who had been “clearly training for this event for years,” hoping that he would shield viewers from any graphic scenes nearby.

Little did she know that the move only set her up for disaster.

“What I didn’t notice until later, is that he had a bullseye drawn on his back with the words ‘puke here’ written in magic marker,” Burch continued. “And wouldn’t you know it? Someone took him up on the offer right during the middle of my live report, much to the chagrin of me, our anchors and anyone in Southern California who may have been eating breakfast at that very moment.”

Burch notes that the footage freezes just as the vomit lands on the man, likely leading viewers to believe a quick-acting producer stopped the live report.

“Nope,” Burch continued. “It was just a technical glitch. And while the anchors tried to regain their composure and go on to the next story. I assumed I was still live. So, for the better part of the next two minutes, I just kept interviewing drunken people, while sudsy substances flew in the air and landed in my hair. Let’s say, after that, it was a wrap. I drove home, took a hot shower and a long nap.”

Goofy
07-06-2017, 12:23 PM
:lol: