PDA

View Full Version : 'Wait for me, mommy,' child called as mother fled Springfield crash scene, court documents allege

Teh One Who Knocks
07-19-2017, 12:22 PM
By Jack Flynn - The Republican/Mass Live

http://i.imgur.com/E9u3Rej.jpg

SPRINGFIELD -- When the police arrived, Christiana Haramut was running down the sidewalk, with her six-year-old daughter several steps behind, according to the arrest report.

"Wait for me, mommy," the daughter called as Haramut, barefoot and carrying her sandals, hurried from the scene of a two-car accident in the McKnight neighborhood early on July 5, the report said.

Minutes before, Haramut's vehicle had collided with an SUV backing out of a driveway on Marion Street. The other motorist, after seeing Haramut emerge from her car holding a vodka bottle, called 911 and then grabbed Haramut's keys, preventing her from driving away, according to the report.

During the ensuing confrontation, Haramut took a swing at the woman motorist and lost her grip on the vodka bottle, which smashed next to her car. At that point, Haramut and her daughter took off as the other woman urged them to wait for police, the report said.

An 11-month-old child was riding in the other vehicle. Neither the child nor Haramut's daughter were hurt in the crash, but Haramut, 35, of Boynton Beach, Florida, suffered a gash to her head, the report said.

She was arrested nearby and charged with operating under the influence of alcohol; leaving the scene of a property damage accident; reckless endangerment of a child; and having a child unrestrained by a seat belt.

Questioned by police, Haramut acknowledged backing into the SUV and said she was running from the scene to bring her daughter to a nearby home to wait for a ride. She also said she feared the other motorist was going to attack her, before adding "you can't even prove that I was driving," the report said.

She pleaded not guilty to the charges in Springfield District Court, and was released on $200 bail. She is due back for a pretrial hearing on August 8.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-19-2017, 03:43 PM
classy

deebakes
07-20-2017, 12:32 AM
:(