PDA

View Full Version : Student at prestigious Melbourne school posts note explaining why she defecated on bathroom floor

Teh One Who Knocks
07-21-2017, 01:21 PM
Matt Young - news.com.au

http://i.imgur.com/cMtjGUc.jpg

A STUDENT at one of Melbourne’s most prestigious schools has won the support of some students after leaving notes explaining why she was defecating on school property.

The student began leaving faeces around the bathrooms of the reputable Mac.Robertson Girls High School in Melbourne, Victoria, at the beginning of the year, during the school’s first term.

According to a student from the high school, who spoke to news.com.au on the condition of anonymity, the student had defecated on the floor of the bathroom and around the sink “on numerous occasions” since February.

On Monday, the unidentified student added an open letter to her protest and placed it around the school’s premises.

In the letter the student confirmed that it was not a random act but was a protest against what she claimed was a poor educational standard at the school.

“I know I have resorted to the most extreme method to make a symbolic point but you NEVER listen to student voice,” the note began.

http://i.imgur.com/w7WKe2A.jpg

“We all know you’re not going to do anything, but at least my behaviour has punished the school for what it has done.

“The teachers are sh*t, so I have left symbolic droppings of what the education is like at this school. CRAP!!!”

The student in question claimed teachers at the school were “incompetent” and claimed students’ calls for change had been left unanswered.

“You can’t silence me like you have silenced all my other peers that have come before you,” she wrote.

She pointed out one particular teacher “brings his earphones and watches ... mindless videos” while students are directed to “read the text book and answer the questions”.

In a statement to news.com.au, Mac.Robertson Girls’ High School Principal Dr Toni Meath said that earlier this year it had become “aware of a student who was dissatisfied and we’ve reached out to offer her support and address her concerns.

http://i.imgur.com/6FePrzh.jpg

“We listen to our students and their input is valued by the whole school community, and we work with all of our students to help them get a great education.”

Another student at the school told news.com.au Principal Meath asked for the perpetrator of the act to come forward in assembly on Monday.

“She said, ‘I strongly urge this person who wrote this letter to come and talk to me,’ but she didn’t really address the issue,” the student said.

The letter has led to a flurry of rumour and gossip around the all girls campus, with some speculating there might more than one person responsible for the issue.

The student/s is yet to identify themselves or come forward, despite a source telling news.com.au: “The rumours are going around the school, in the letter there are specific statements that could be narrowed down”.

The note in question is the second letter to be posted at the school. A first letter allegedly did the rounds “but was never spoken about,” according to a student.

“It was sort of just taken down. The letter had a similar message to it, but only the most recent letter was spoken about at school”.

The students agreed with the sentiment of the letter, saying: “Although we receive the highest marks of the state, its because of the students, in general the majority of the teachers are unhelpful. The teaching methods are really inefficient. The person in the letter is definitely not wrong.”

In her statement, Principal Meath said her school was “one of the highest performing schools in Australia.

“As a proud government school with a rich history in education, we stand by the professionalism and dedication of our teachers.”

Another student who spoke to news.com.au claimed a majority of school students agreed with the note, but there “are some teachers that are all right”.

“Adults, parents, they don’t realise, our education system in this country, all schools are all like this. The majority of these students believe it’s not just our school.

“MacRobertson is portrayed as a prestigious, amazing school and yet we in particular, we have less school teachers than other schools.

“We have more than some teachers who are incapable of teaching us correctly.”

Griffin
07-21-2017, 10:59 PM
another shitty protester

redred
07-21-2017, 11:03 PM
why do people feel the need to complain about everything these days