PDA

View Full Version : Man gets hand stuck in gas tank while fishing for candy bar

Teh One Who Knocks
06-30-2011, 01:10 PM
By Russell Plummer - Gannett Wisconsin Media

http://i.imgur.com/r2urX.png

Firefighters freed a Fond du Lac man Tuesday after he got his hand stuck in a car while retrieving a Snickers candy bar.

At 12:19 p.m. Tuesday, firefighters and police were called to the area of Western Avenue and South Brooke Street to rescue Earr Stokes, 20.

His cousin, Tyrone Williams, said he and Stokes took the car to a business at 222 Brooke St. to get a tire changed.

"He happened to look in the gas tank. There was chocolate in there. (Stokes) tried to get it out. He started picking it out with his hand and his hand got stuck," Williams said.

Williams said someone removed the Snickers bar from the wrapper and jammed it in the tank.

"It was just chocolate. Chocolate and peanuts," Williams said.

"He's hurting," Williams added while glancing over at his cousin who was attempting to pry his hand out of the tank with the help of firefighters.

Capt. Tony Knecht said firefighters resorted to cutting the filler pipe. Firefighters were then able to access the backside of the gas tank opening to release Stokes' fingers.

"He got some abrasions on his finger," Knecht said. "It's nothing serious."

Firefighters wrapped Stokes in a blanket and placed a jacket on him as a cutting machine was used on the car.

"The only concern was the possibility of a spark with the fuel tank," Knecht said.

One firefighter kneeled nearby with a fire hose in case the rescue went awry.

After being freed, Stokes slowly walked into a nearby ambulance where emergency personnel helped remove the pipe.

Hal-9000
06-30-2011, 08:03 PM
"He happened to look in the gas tank. There was chocolate in there"

:rolleyes:

He must have filled up at the low-octane chocolate pump last time...

Teh One Who Knocks
06-30-2011, 09:07 PM
You don't store your candy bars in your gas tank? :-s

deebakes
07-01-2011, 01:17 AM
i store candy bars in my trunk......

:coat:

Griffin
07-01-2011, 02:08 AM
I want to check out the trunk of the redhead in the black tank top.