PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Public Schools Advised to ‘Segregate’ Students Objecting to New Transgender Guidelines

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2017, 11:53 AM
By the Heat Street Staff

http://i.imgur.com/YJ86bf7h.jpg

New K-12 school guidelines in Minnesota are mandating public schools to “segregate” students who object to transgender locker rooms and bathrooms to foster inclusion of “gender nonconforming” and transgender people.

Last week, the Minnesota Department of Education advisory council approved a new gender toolkit aimed at protecting and including transgender students in the state’s public education system.

The goal of the new guidelines is to “help school districts and charter schools create school environments where transgender and gender nonconforming students are safe, supported and fully included, and have equal access to the educational opportunities provided to all students as required by federal or state law.”

The gender toolkit also instructs schools to “segregate” students who feel uncomfortable with the new transgender-inclusive rules, The Blaze reported.

“Schools should work with transgender and gender nonconforming students to ensure that they are able to access needed facilities in a manner that is safe, consistent with their gender identity and does not stigmatize them, the guidelines read.

And then more:

Privacy objections raised by a student in interacting with a transgender or gender nonconforming student may be addressed by segregating the student raising the objection provided that the action of the school officials does not result in stigmatizing the transgender and gender nonconforming student.

As well as separating students uncomfortable with the newly-approved rules, the guidelines insist teachers use the preferred pronouns and names of students who identify with a different gender without the need for a medical confirmation.

It warns school officials and teachers of the consequences of not using preferred gender pronouns, claiming it could violate federal laws.

“Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects the privacy of students. Schools should note that neither a student’s gender nor pronouns are considered public or directory information. Casual use of a student’s incorrect pronoun or incorrect name may violate FERPA,” the toolkit reads.

RBP
08-01-2017, 02:31 PM
wait wait wait... so it's discrimination to segregate the gender non-conforming student, but policy to segregate the students who are made to feel uncomfortable?

http://i.imgur.com/xMhlrxy.jpg?1

RBP
08-01-2017, 02:34 PM
And how often can a student change identities or preferred pronouns?

"Aren't you supposed to be in the female identified locker room?" "I am identifying as a male this afternoon"

"Good morning, Hizzer Smith." "You called me by the wrong pronoun...violation!! I go by Gazelle Smith as of this morning! I'm reporting you!"

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2017, 02:47 PM
And how often can a student change identities or preferred pronouns?

"Aren't you supposed to be in the female identified locker room?" "I am identifying as a male this afternoon"

"Good morning, Hizzer Smith." "You called me by the wrong pronoun...violation!! I go by Gazelle Smith as of this morning! I'm reporting you!"

http://i.imgur.com/3lRwAcR.png

Muddy
08-01-2017, 03:11 PM
With all these transgender posts Lance has been making lately, and your background in psychology Rainbow. I am curious your thoughts about transgender people and identity and all that.. Sarcasm aside.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-01-2017, 03:36 PM
:popcorn:

Griffin
08-01-2017, 10:08 PM
By the Heat Street Staff

The goal of the new guidelines is to “help school districts and charter schools create school environments where transgender and gender nonconforming students are safe, supported and fully included, and have equal access to the educational opportunities provided to all students as required by federal or state law.”

So if I were going to school today under the new guidelines set by the Minnesota Department of Education advisory council, I would be denied equal access to the educational opportunities provided to all students as required by federal or state law simply because I call bullshit on all this new age millennial horse hockey being shoved down everyone's throat to satisfy the fancies of what is it....0.00000001% of the world population?

Pony
08-01-2017, 11:29 PM
So, I will use the third "segregated" restroom.

RBP
08-01-2017, 11:48 PM
With all these transgender posts Lance has been making lately, and your background in psychology Rainbow. I am curious your thoughts about transgender people and identity and all that.. Sarcasm aside.Short answer. I believe it is both nature and nurture and the answer is individual. I also believe that kids struggle with their sexuality and always have. The difference now if that it is not only socially acceptable, but in many cases, it is "cool" to be gay or trans. That gives extra impetus for it to play out in the public forum.

Have they always been in the shadows and this is just recognition? In many cases, yes. Has it increased because of social factors when it may have never been an issue to begin with? I think that is also a yes.

In either case the kid is struggling. But I am not convinced all the adults circling the wagons and tripping over each other to be the more progressive one is entirely healthy.

Muddy
08-02-2017, 12:39 AM
I think social media has definitley brought a lot of this to a head as well..

deebakes
08-02-2017, 01:39 AM
fucking social media :x

PorkChopSandwiches
08-03-2017, 04:14 PM
thanks obama

Hal-9000
08-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Effin rights...I should be able to go into a bathroom without seeing slutz with nuts.

*unless they're super hot