PDA

View Full Version : Starnes: If You Don't Want to Speak English - Don't Come to America

Teh One Who Knocks
08-03-2017, 10:44 AM
By Caleb Parke - FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/ChSzDdZ.png

President Donald Trump on Wednesday announced support for legislation that would overhaul legal immigration in America, aimed at creating a merit-based system based on skills and speaking English.

“As a candidate, I campaigned on creating a merit-based immigration system that protects U.S. workers and taxpayers, and that is why we are here today,” Trump said.

The president called it “the most significant reform to our immigration system in a half century.”

Trump was joined by the Senate Republicans who first introduced the Reforming American Immigration for a Strong Economy, or the RAISE Act, in February. They have said the legislation aims to cut legal immigration in half from 1 million to 500,000 a year.

The new system is said to favor immigrants who are educated, speak English and have high-paying job offers. Trump, Perdue and Cotton argued on Tuesday that low-skilled and unskilled immigration into the United States has depressed wages.

"The RAISE Act prevents new migrants and new immigrants from collecting welfare," Trump said.

President Trump highlighted the measure during his "Make America Great Again" speech last week in Youngstown, Ohio.

“Instead of today's low-skilled system — which is a terrible system where anyone comes in, people who have never worked, people that are criminals, anyone comes in — we want a merit-based system,” he said. “One that protects our workers, protects our taxpayers, and one that protects our economy.”

Fox News Radio host and conservative commentator, Todd Starnes, agrees with the need for legal immigration reform.

"We need an immigration policy that benefits America - not the illegals," Starnes said. "If you don't want to learn how to speak English - don't come to America.."

http://i.imgur.com/I0cuzr0.png

Starnes notes what a lot of Trump supporters also observed happening across America.

"Unfortunately, a troubling number of immigrants do not want to learn English or assimilate into the American way of life. It's as if they want to create their own country within our country."

The proposed Cotton-Purdue bill faces an uphill battle on the Hill -- but what else would you expect from the swamp?

Goofy
08-03-2017, 12:25 PM
:tup:

Muddy
08-03-2017, 02:01 PM
I know the Liberals are twisting their own heads off, but its bad when you are afraid to fly the flag of your own country outside your door.. And the Mexicans are flying the Mexican flag in the Texan and Californian states.. Somewhere a line needs to be drawn. These groups were dismantling the country with their own cultures and refusals to acclimate.

If you come here you need to agree to be a mutt like the rest of us.. The melting pot, Baby!

Teh One Who Knocks
08-03-2017, 02:03 PM
It's not just Texas and California, there are Mexican flags all over Denver and parts of Colorado :|

Muddy
08-03-2017, 02:08 PM
It's not just Texas and California, there are Mexican flags all over Denver and parts of Colorado :|

Oh them boys are out of control in Denver from what Ive read..

The Monk
08-03-2017, 02:18 PM
If they apply it to written English as well, you could probably get rid of some of the existing morons too....

http://www.teamjimmyjoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/BadEnglishFunnySigns1.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
08-03-2017, 02:18 PM
Oh them boys are out of control in Denver from what Ive read..

There's parts of Denver where all the billboards and business signs are in Spanish

Muddy
08-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Thats fucked up, but I guess they are just marketing to the only group they are interested in capturing interest from.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-03-2017, 02:28 PM
There are several Mexican grocery stores near me now, and many of the regular grocery stores carry a shit ton of Mexican products/brands that they have to import. Because, you know, you move to another country but you expect them to cater to your every need....sell the foods you like, speak your language, change the laws to suit you....

PorkChopSandwiches
08-03-2017, 03:42 PM
I have no problem with a business catering to whoever, if there is a demand then sell fucking tortillas. But, I'm 100% with Trump on this. I also am not a fan of these fuckers with the Mexican flag everywhere. If Mexico is so great, head back down there. I'm German, you dont see a nazi flag outside my house, its on the inside like a respectable American

Teh One Who Knocks
08-03-2017, 04:36 PM
I have no problem with a business catering to whoever, if there is a demand then sell fucking tortillas. But, I'm 100% with Trump on this. I also am not a fan of these fuckers with the Mexican flag everywhere. If Mexico is so great, head back down there. I'm German, you dont see a nazi flag outside my house, its on the inside like a respectable American

Catering your business to someone is one thing, but it's more than that. They have Mexican grocery stores here that sell nothing but Mexican products and everything there is in Spanish. You would swear you weren't even in the United States anymore once you walk into these places. Plus, they have no intention of integrating with the rest of the country, they all live in the same areas and communities, the vast majority of them refuse to learn to speak English, and they fly their fucking Mexican flags as if they were still in fucking Mexico. And then to top it all off, they protest and march and bitch about how this country doesn't cater to them enough.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Every other country on this planet has stricter immigration laws than we do and no one has a problem with that, but when we want to change our immigration laws to make things fair and equal, the fucking world (and liberals) have a fucking cow over it. They don't even want us to enforce the laws we already have, never mind making them tougher.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-03-2017, 04:46 PM
I know

Muddy
08-03-2017, 04:49 PM
I dont have a problem with Mexicans at all... Just all this B.S.

Hal-9000
08-04-2017, 09:05 PM
There's parts of Denver where all the billboards and business signs are in Spanish

There are entire malls by where I used to work and all of the signage is in Punjabi. I drove to one for lunch and could not determine where to go for food. I left, never to return.

The times I get angry are when the signs are like that in an English speaking country or when the person works in some sort of customer service capacity and they can not understand your request, making you repeat it three different ways.

I used to almost admire people who had to move to another country because of their bravery, now I just think - your need to immigrate was not caused by me. If you want the full time pay, become language functional in the role.

Some of our bank machines are Asian language first (two or three varieties) and then you have to search for English.