PDA

View Full Version : Dunkin' Donuts blames store's 'layout' for rude treatment of cops

Teh One Who Knocks
08-07-2017, 11:06 AM
The New York Post

http://i.imgur.com/uzwsIMj.jpg

Dunkin’ Donuts suggested Saturday that the “layout” of one of its Brooklyn shops is actually to blame for the rude treatment a pair of NYPD cops experienced there.

Dunkin’ Brands spokeswoman Michelle King continued to apologize for last Sunday’s incident, when the cops were refused service at a Dunkin’ Donuts/Baskin-Robbins on Atlantic Ave. in Bedford-Stuyvesant — insisting the company has “ a long history of supporting the NYPD.”

King said the store’s configuration “put both the crew members and two officers in a difficult situation because it was not clear where to order,” adding there are two registers, but only one is routinely staffed.

“The franchisee has informed us that he has made temporary adjustments to the store signage to be followed by a more permanent solution to avoid situations like this in the future,” King said.

She added: “The franchisee posted a temporary sign on the ice cream dipping cabinet that states to guests to place their order at the Dunkin’ Donuts register.”
But the officers insisted that both of the lines had been staffed.

Law enforcement sources told the Post that the two cops with the 73rd Precinct’s detective squad who went into the store to buy ice cream — were simply ignored by a clerk. “I don’t serve cops,” the clerk said, the sources said.

Police were stunned by the company’s apparently amended mea culpa.

“Basically, Dunkin’ Donuts is saying that the two officers in the store were too stupid to know where to order — while every other customer came in and knew where to order,” said Sergeants’ Benevolent Association boss Ed Mullins. “ It’s an insult to all members of law enforcement.”

Meanwhile, civilian anger is also brewing at the chain.

“I will never go into a Dunkin’ Donuts until you fix this situation. I know most of their stores are franchises but if you had any brains, you would apologize and offer free coffee to all on duty cops for the near future,” John Azzopardi, 63, of Pa. seethed on Facebook on Saturday — as civilians showed their support for New York’s Finest.

Using the hashtag “boycottdunkindonuts” Joe Hearn showed his true blue solidarity by tweeting: “Bring a thermos f** em all.”

The incident triggered the detectives union to call for an NYPD boycott of the coffee chain. On Friday, the NYPD captains’ union joined the ban, which police sources affirmed “is still on.”

Even those who chose to patronize the shop blasted the snub.

“Everybody should be served in the community,” said Ruben Sud, 29, who called the anti-cop treatment, “absurd.”

Goofy
08-07-2017, 11:51 AM
I smell shite

PorkChopSandwiches
08-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Seems like it

Teh One Who Knocks
08-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Last time I was in a store and the layout was confusing, it made me hate cops, so it's plausible :nono:

Hal-9000
08-07-2017, 04:44 PM
I have a Wendy's and Tim Hortons in the same store by my place. Too hard to explain but the internal layout to order at Wendy's is just all sorts of confusing. Their counter is right by the door so that doesn't help either.

I go to the drive thru in either case because of the store design inside.