PDA

View Full Version : Denmark City Thinks It Can Stop Terrorists by Encouraging People to 'Hug' Them

Teh One Who Knocks
08-10-2017, 11:51 AM
By Victoria Taft - Independent Journal Review

https://i.imgur.com/zg0zagy.jpg

Police in Aarhus, the second largest city in Denmark, are trying a new tack with jihadis returning from the battlefield where they may have committed unthinkable atrocities.

Both Australia and the U.K. deny them re-entry, confiscate passports and send them back to the other country where they have dual citizenship. But Denmark is trying the softer, gentler — some might say gullible — approach.

As Australian TV network SBS reports, the program is known as ‘hug a terrorist’ or ‘hug a jihadi.’

SBS reports that of the 36 Muslims who left the country for Syria or other places, 19 “returned to the community.”

The Aarhus police department is trying a mentoring program to “de-radicalize” the (mostly) young men.

The city sets up each jihadi with a mentor, education, and money, but tries to give the terrorists another chance to integrate into western life.

SBS spoke to a young man who almost left Denmark to go to Pakistan to train for jihad after an incident in high school.

“Jamal” said that he was marked as a potential terrorist after he told a female student with whom he was debating about Islam, “You deserve to be stoned when you talk like that.”

SBS reported that “Jamal” felt violated by the police raiding his house even though he hadn’t broken the law:

As a result he surrounded himself with other young Muslims who shared his feelings of isolation. They watched radical sermons online and talked of jihad. Before long, they were planning to leave Denmark for Pakistan.

“In my mind I was like, ‘they treated me as a terrorist. If they want a terrorist, they will get a terrorist’,” he says.

But a phone call from one police officer changed everything for Jamal.

The officer apologised, telling Jamal his case was handled poorly, and asked if he would meet with a Muslim mentor. At first Jamal was suspicious of the offer, but agreed to meet the mentor.

The would-be jihadi said he stayed in Denmark instead to going to train in Pakistan. One of his friends was killed while fighting in Syria.

WHIMN reports that Danish politician Naser Khader, who’s a Muslim from Syria, says the idea couldn’t be worse: “Go out and do something criminal, be jihadis, you will get a lot of privilege from the society. That’s wrong in my opinion.”

RBP
08-10-2017, 11:57 AM
#nobelpeaceprize

Teh One Who Knocks
08-10-2017, 03:47 PM
#nobelpeaceprize

Try it before you hate on it :hand:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-10-2017, 04:01 PM
:popcorn:

deebakes
08-11-2017, 03:04 AM
:grouphug:

Godfather
08-11-2017, 03:31 AM
#nobelpeaceprize

I thought you got that for signing off on drone strikes not hugs :-k

RBP
08-11-2017, 03:34 AM
I thought you got that for signing off on drone strikes not hugs :-k

Hug them then kill their whole family. Boy howdy did the left lose it when Trump suggested the same kill the family strategy. :lol: