PDA

View Full Version : 'The Munsters' reboot in the works at NBC

Teh One Who Knocks
08-11-2017, 11:07 AM
FOX 411

https://i.imgur.com/MiPTiQ9.jpg

NBC is trying to reboot one of the most popular, and bizarre, 1960s sitcoms with the help of some serious star power. “The Munsters,” which originally aired on CBS, is reportedly coming back with the help of “Odd Mom Out” creator Jill Kargman and NBC late-night host Seth Meyers.

According to Deadline, the classic sitcom, which featured a loving family that happened to all be monsters, will undergo a few significant changes in order to update it for the modern day. Most notably, their famous address, 1313 Mockingbird Lane in Mockingbird Heights, will be ditched for the more familiar setting of Brooklyn, New York. The show will reportedly see the cavalcade of horrors navigating the city trying to fit in with the ever-growing hipster crowd. Kargman will write the script and executive produce it with Meyers production company for Universal TV.

As TheWrap notes, this isn’t the first time that NBC has taken a stab at rebooting “The Munsters.” The network paid a hefty price of around $10 million to produce a pilot for "Mockingbird Lane" that ended up running as a Halloween special in 2012. The reboot had many big names behind it, including writer Bryan Fuller, director Bryan Singer, actor/comedian Eddie Izzard, Jerry O’Connell, Portia de Rossi and Charity Wakefield.

Ultimately, NBC passed on bringing the reboot to series.

A previous reboot, titled "The Munsters Today," ran in syndication from 1988 to 1991.

"We just decided that it didn't hold together well enough to yield a series," NBC Chief Bob Greenblatt said at the time. "It looked beautiful and original and creative, but it just all ultimately didn't come together..., it just didn't ultimately creatively all work."

Goofy
08-11-2017, 12:18 PM
Might be ok :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
08-11-2017, 12:22 PM
By moving the setting to Brooklyn, NY and filling it with hipsters? :-s

:snapout:

Goofy
08-11-2017, 12:50 PM
:shrug:

Muddy
08-11-2017, 06:47 PM
Oh boy.. Gonna fuck this up now..

Hal-9000
08-11-2017, 07:10 PM
Oh boy.. Gonna fuck this up now..

I'm actually okay with this reboot. Maybe because the original is so old?

DemonGeminiX
08-11-2017, 09:55 PM
I'd be ok with somebody coming up with an original idea.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-11-2017, 10:26 PM
I'd be ok with somebody coming up with an original idea.Amen brother

deebakes
08-11-2017, 11:22 PM
:racist:

Godfather
08-12-2017, 12:58 AM
This show hasn't run in 50 years, holy fuck :lol: Better be a good show because you're not getting any nostalgia points from anyone under the age of 45~. I remember watching I Dream of Genie, Giligan's Island, Little House on the Prairie, Leave it to Beaver, The Adams Family... but I never saw a single re-run of the Munsters :-k