PDA

View Full Version : Candidate To Be First Female Navy SEAL Officer Quits After A Week: Report

Teh One Who Knocks
08-14-2017, 10:32 AM
by Travis J. Tritten - Washington Examiner

https://i.imgur.com/9fGt8c0.jpg

A woman aiming to become the first female Navy SEAL officer quit about a week into the initial training, Task and Purpose reported Thursday.

The unidentified female candidate dropped out in early August during a three-week course in San Diego that began July 24. It was the first assessment of potential SEAL officers before they can be sent on to more grueling courses, according to the website, which cited "multiple Naval Special Warfare Command sources."

Two women, whose names were not released to protect their privacy, entered the famously difficult SEAL training program this summer more than a year and a half after the military allowed female troops to serve in combat roles.

The candidate who dropped out was enrolled in the Navy SEAL Officer Assessment and Selection program. If she had completed the program, she would have faced an officer selection panel and the Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL program, or BUD/S, a six-month training course for the elite special operators.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-14-2017, 03:34 PM
Turns out we arent all the same

Teh One Who Knocks
08-14-2017, 03:37 PM
Turns out we arent all the same

:triggered:

Hal-9000
08-14-2017, 05:52 PM
Good book by one of the main dudes who took out Osama Bin Laden. In it he describes a few of the training facilities for SEALS. The exercises would be torture for most people, he makes them seem like just another day. For example they do the enter a strange building exercise where they have to clear rooms a certain way. They do that over and over again for days and weeks and months. He made a slight error clearing one of the rooms (because he was tired) and it bothered him for years. Nothing but respect for that group :thumbsup:

Godfather
08-14-2017, 06:16 PM
Ya I've read a number of books on the SEALs. Dick Couch (real name) has written a couple, Marcus Luttrell wrote a couple, and a few others that talk extensively about their training. I can't understate how insanely intense it seems. I'll be very surprised if a woman ever gets through provided the expectations are roughly the same as for men.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-14-2017, 06:21 PM
If a women wants to be part of an elite team, she needs to be able to perform just as well as every other person on the team. Period. She better be able to pick a mutha fucker up and carry his ass back to safety.

Hal-9000
08-14-2017, 06:34 PM
Yep it's the fireman rule. If you want the job, you gotta be able to do certain important physical tasks.

deebakes
08-15-2017, 04:15 AM
:hand: oppressors