PDA

View Full Version : If You Received a Robocall About a 'Free Cruise,' You Could Get $900

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2017, 11:07 AM
Saw this on the news last night...wife's cell number was in the database, so she filed a claim. Getting past the "I'm Not a Robot" thing is a pain, especially if you want to check multiple numbers, but worth it for a chance at between $300 and $900 :thumbsup:

If you received a robocall about winning a "free cruise," you might be eligible to receive a payment of up to $900.

According to a class-action settlement, Resort Marketing Group made the calls from 2009 to 2014 without permission, offering free cruises with Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian cruise lines.

Those who received the calls could be in line for $300 per call up to $900, the settlement stipulates.

The companies were accused of violating the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.

A judge reportedly granted preliminary approval of the settlement last month, ruling the companies must provide between $7 million and $12.5 million to pay out claims.

For more information on eligibility and the class-action settlement, go here (https://www.rmgtcpasettlement.com/Home.aspx) to see if your phone number was in the company's database.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2017, 02:27 PM
Neither my home phone nor my cell phone were listed in the claim :sad2:

DemonGeminiX
08-17-2017, 02:37 PM
My land line number is. I haven't checked my cell phone yet.

DemonGeminiX
08-17-2017, 02:43 PM
Cell phone's not. I filed a claim for the land line. Thanks for the head's up.

Hal-9000
08-17-2017, 04:06 PM
I got one where the company somehow charged 3.97 against my landline because we answered the phone and said piss off. Had to call my provider and fight a bit for them to remove the charge.

Never got a cruise offer though :meh:

deebakes
08-18-2017, 02:05 AM
no free money :(