PDA

View Full Version : Let's Be Clear: Flat Earthers take viewer questions

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2017, 12:37 PM
<iframe width="50%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/338894243&amp;color=ff5500&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_relate d=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_rep osts=false"></iframe>

Two "Flat Earthers" join Jeremy Jojola to take your questions about their belief. The Flat Earth conspiracy has been attracting more people over the last couple of years, including an NBA player. This interview was recorded on July 17th, 2017 in Denver. This is the entire interview, raw and uncut.

Hal-9000
08-22-2017, 05:49 PM
Read a story about a guy who went down the Youtube rabbit hole one night watching Flat Earth vids because he thought they were funny. Guy is a total convert now and not an idiot. High IQ, couple of degrees and he's convinced our planet is not round.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2017, 06:36 PM
Read a story about a guy who went down the Youtube rabbit hole one night watching Flat Earth vids because he thought they were funny. Guy is a total convert now and not an idiot. High IQ, couple of degrees and he's convinced our planet is not round.

I beg to differ :lol:

Hal-9000
08-23-2017, 06:27 PM
:lol:

I wonder how they address the literal thousands of pictures of Earth from space and the one thing that has to occur for them to be right...the idea that millions of people are involved in the cover up that goes back at least three hundred years when we started establishing heliocentric theories and observing the simple fact that every other celestial body in the sky is round :lol:

Godfather
08-25-2017, 05:53 AM
:lol:

I wonder how they address the literal thousands of pictures of Earth from space and the one thing that has to occur for them to be right...the idea that millions of people are involved in the cover up that goes back at least three hundred years when we started establishing heliocentric theories and observing the simple fact that every other celestial body in the sky is round :lol:

Ya I have so many questions. The moon tonight was a beautiful crescent moon, how do they explain that either? :lol:

Hal-9000
08-25-2017, 07:02 PM
Ya I have so many questions. The moon tonight was a beautiful crescent moon, how do they explain that either? :lol:

I'm actually afraid the watch the Flat Earther videos because of the converts. I know what's correct and how the universe works physically (good point btw about the moon phases), but I also had a rather firm idea of what happened on 9/11...until I watched 68 hours of video about it :lol:

Godfather
08-26-2017, 05:29 AM
I'm actually afraid the watch the Flat Earther videos because of the converts. I know what's correct and how the universe works physically (good point btw about the moon phases), but I also had a rather firm idea of what happened on 9/11...until I watched 68 hours of video about it :lol:

I think it all comes down to the confirmation bias, apophenia, selection bias.. whatever you want to call it, humans have an incredible ability to find evidence that supports what they want to believe. Like that number 23 enigma: If people want to believe in something, they'll dream up arguments that convince themselves.

Hal-9000
08-31-2017, 08:38 PM
I think it all comes down to the confirmation bias, apophenia, selection bias.. whatever you want to call it, humans have an incredible ability to find evidence that supports what they want to believe. Like that number 23 enigma: If people want to believe in something, they'll dream up arguments that convince themselves.

In all of the situations where someone takes issue with an accepted fact, I ask one question...why? Why would the government fake the Earth being round, as in, what is the gain or the goal from doing so? I like the idea of people questioning things in the world around them. But if everything is fake, or is a false flag operation or a lie, what kind of world are we living in?

I watched a vid on chemtrails and the speaker was so convinced the government was doing something to him, it scared me :lol: (the strength of his belief)

I listened to a podcast about a young lawyer. (Myron May) The guy was so smart he could write his own employment ticket and changed jobs at will. Then a few years later, he becomes convinced he's a victim of gang stalking. (groups of people deliberately stalking and trying to upset the target so they lose their jobs/credibility). Long story short, the guy makes recordings and videos telling a close friend he has proof that some device was put into his car for surveillance. Then he gets a couple of guns, goes to a library and shoots a few people dead, then himself.

That's the part that frightens me. People with strong belief systems in obscure subjects often have, or will develop a mental illness.

Godfather
09-01-2017, 01:37 AM
In all of the situations where someone takes issue with an accepted fact, I ask one question...why? Why would the government fake the Earth being round, as in, what is the gain or the goal from doing so? I like the idea of people questioning things in the world around them. But if everything is fake, or is a false flag operation or a lie, what kind of world are we living in?

I watched a vid on chemtrails and the speaker was so convinced the government was doing something to him, it scared me :lol: (the strength of his belief)

I listened to a podcast about a young lawyer. (Myron May) The guy was so smart he could write his own employment ticket and changed jobs at will. Then a few years later, he becomes convinced he's a victim of gang stalking. (groups of people deliberately stalking and trying to upset the target so they lose their jobs/credibility). Long story short, the guy makes recordings and videos telling a close friend he has proof that some device was put into his car for surveillance. Then he gets a couple of guns, goes to a library and shoots a few people dead, then himself.

That's the part that frightens me. People with strong belief systems in obscure subjects often have, or will develop a mental illness.

You're preaching to the choir here. I fundamentally believe that 99% of the population have big mouths.. any 'conspiracy' older than 10-20 years would've been blown by some guy on his death bed, or out of work and in need of a book deal a hundred times over :lol: This shit that our governments have tried to keep secret and field miserably at is exhibit A.

Godfather
09-01-2017, 01:39 AM
Also, this popped up on my feed yesterday, pretty relevant to the thread. Send this to your bud Hal. We've known this shit since long LONG before air flight and satellites :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EspZtA7C3o

Hal-9000
09-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Carl the man....money shot is at around 4:00 in the video above :thumbsup: