PDA

View Full Version : Kendall Jenner Accused Of Cultural Appropriation

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2017, 06:28 PM
by Jonathan Constante - Opposing Views

https://i.imgur.com/heI74mu.jpg

Kendall Jenner sparked some controversy on Twitter for her use of an emoji.

The 21-year-old supermodel took to Twitter to celebrate the cover of The Hollywood Reporter, which features her along with her sister, Kylie Jenner, her mother, Kris Jenner, and her half-sisters, Kim, Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian, the Daily Mail reported. The cover celebrated 10 years of the hit reality television show "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" on E!

"Sister power...girl power," Kendall tweeted, adding a tanned fist bump emoji. The choice of emoji had some Twitter users accusing the model of once again attempting to appropriate black culture.

Many fans defended Kendall and the Kardashians.
Popular Video This young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.

"Her sisters are Armenian... she has a right to use that emoji just as we all do," wrote one Twitter user. "The tone she used it literally called medium... not black!"

"Can everyone like calm down with the hand thing it is an emoji so what if it is a different [color] like who cares," wrote another.

"Legit cannot believe the comments on this people are so stupid and ridiculous legit shut up what has she ever done to you," added another user.

Kendall did not respond to the accusations. In the magazine interview, Kim revealed that it isn't unlike Kendall to keep her emotions private. She spoke about how the widespread criticism over her controversial Pepsi commercial affected her half-sister behind the scenes.

"We're not perfect, but you see these things in the media, like Kendall and her Pepsi ad, where I see her at home crying," Kim told the magazine. "But in the media she looks another way because she's not addressing it."

"I'm the most private one. If there's a moment I don't want anyone to hear, I talk to myself or talk to someone in another room," Kendall added.

Kim revealed that she tried encouraging Kendall to speak out after the backlash, or to at least allow E! to use emotional scenes on the show.

"I'm just like, 'This is wrong. You need to speak up.' [Kendall] was like, 'I don't ever want to show that footage of me crying,'" Kim explained. "She was trying to not make excuses or be dramatic, but that was what she was going through at the time."

"There are moments when it's hard to leave something in because it's vulnerable and it exposes us to a deeper level of emotion, and sometimes that's hard to share," Kris added.

The Pepsi ad was pulled within 24 hours of its premiere in April after facing severe scrutiny for trivializing Black Lives Matter demonstrations.

deebakes
08-26-2017, 01:52 PM
good lord :facepalm:

Hal-9000
08-27-2017, 06:29 PM
so I can't use the tanned fist bump?

*throws away phone*

deebakes
08-27-2017, 07:44 PM
:bwaha: you can't send emojis with your flip phone :rofl: