PDA

View Full Version : Cops surprise suspected DUI driver asleep in intersection

Teh One Who Knocks
08-28-2017, 11:24 AM
by KATU-TV News

https://i.imgur.com/zDqQfzI.jpg

PORTLAND, Ore. — A suspected drunken driver was arrested early Sunday morning after officers found him asleep inside an SUV in the middle of a Northeast Portland intersection, Portland police officials said.

Officers were called out about 3:20 a.m. when someone saw the driver passed out behind the wheel at the intersection of NE 99th Avenue and Glisan Street, police said.

Arriving officers positioned their patrol cars around the vehicle to prevent the driver from leaving when awakened.

Police reports say he hit the accelerator, but officers stopped him from getting away. He was later booked into the Multnomah County Jail on suspicion of driving under the influence of intoxicants.

deebakes
08-29-2017, 02:54 AM
:haha:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-29-2017, 03:53 PM
:lol:

Hal-9000
08-29-2017, 06:41 PM
I was in a turning lane at a light when the guy in front of me starts honking and losing his mind making gestures in his car. He gets out, goes to the car in front of him and eventually I see a tiny, aged hand come out of the driver's window to shake his hand. He comes back to his car smiling and the car in front of him finally moves through the turn. I caught a glimpse of the driver and it was an old lady with gray hair. I'm sure she fell asleep waiting in the turn lane as it's a long light :lol: