PDA

View Full Version : Anheuser-Busch brewery pauses beer production to can emergency drinking water

Teh One Who Knocks
08-29-2017, 11:04 AM
FOX News

https://i.imgur.com/IedME15.jpg

The Anheuser-Busch Brewery put beer production on hold this week, instead canning safe drinking water to distribute to flooding victims affected by Hurricane Harvey.

More than 50,000 cans of emergency drinking water will be sent from the brewing company’s factory in Cartersville, Ga., a spokesperson for Anheuser-Busch said to FOX5.

The water will be distributed at Red Cross shelters in Baton Rouge, La., where Flash Flood Watch is in effect through Thursday, according to the National Weather Service.

“Throughout the year, we periodically pause beer production at our Cartersville, Ga., brewery to produce emergency canned drinking water so we are ready to help out communities across the country in times of crisis,” said Sarah Schilling, brewmaster at the Anheuser-Busch brewery in a statement.

“Putting our production and logistics strengths to work by providing safe, clean drinking water is the best way we can help in these situations,” she said.

Anheuser-Busch halted beer production to can water during natural disasters before, including during flooding in Louisiana, wildfires in California and Hurricane Mathew.

Goofy
08-29-2017, 01:06 PM
Good stuff :clap:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-29-2017, 01:13 PM
Yup, very cool to see business do stuff like this, at their own cost and just because it's the right thing to do.

Muddy
08-29-2017, 01:28 PM
Unlike that fuck stick Joel Osteen of Osteen ministries who wouldnt open the doors of his chapel to flood victims...

redred
08-29-2017, 03:41 PM
but what about the beer :sad2:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-29-2017, 03:45 PM
And then lied twice about it being flooded, then lying that the roads to it were flooded...turns out he's just the piece of shit you would expect from a televangelist

Teh One Who Knocks
08-29-2017, 03:49 PM

Anheuser-Busch has something like 9 or 10 breweries across the country, they are doing the canned water only at the Georgia facility. They will still be making plenty of their crappy beer :lol:

Muddy
08-29-2017, 05:24 PM
Im going to buy a 12 pack of Bud light to say thanks..

Hal-9000
08-29-2017, 05:27 PM
Yup, very cool to see business do stuff like this, at their own cost and just because it's the right thing to do.

I was going to say, if they don't charge for the bottled water that company deserves a medal.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-29-2017, 05:31 PM
I was going to say, if they don't charge for the bottled water that company deserves a medal.

As far as I know, they do not and haven't ever, they donate it all to be distributed, usually thru groups like the Red Cross

deebakes
08-30-2017, 02:23 AM

i'd be surprised if anyone actually noticed the difference :shrug:

Godfather
08-30-2017, 03:10 AM
Funny, I thought that's what they were already making #beersnob :P

Seriously though, really great stuff.

RBP
08-30-2017, 04:43 AM
Funny, I thought that's what they were already making #beersnob :P

I have been patently waiting for this comment all day.

Godfather
08-30-2017, 07:09 AM
I have been patently waiting for this comment all day.

I had to read them all twice to make sure I was the first smartass :lol: