PDA

View Full Version : UMass restroom has wrong plumbing to be 'gender-inclusive'

Teh One Who Knocks
09-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Anthony Gockowski, Investigative Reporter - Campus Reform

https://i.imgur.com/78MlLZQ.jpg

Students at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst are in an uproar after a previously “gender-inclusive” bathroom was re-designated as female-only.

According to The Massachusetts Daily Collegian, students have launched an email campaign to protest the decision, attempting to flood the inboxes of those behind the change.

In fact, a template for the campaign is circulating on social media, encouraging any student or community member to write to university leaders expressing their “support for student efforts to recreate the space as safe and affirming for all residents, and hope that the signage is in place to fulfill student’s needs as quickly as possible.”

Of particular concern to student protesters is the fact that the bathroom in question is located in an LGBTQ-themed residence hall, though Director of Residence Education Jean MacKimmie explained in an email prior to the decision that the school was lawfully required to make the change.

The state’s plumbing code requires that all multi-stall bathrooms “be designated as either male or female,” MacKimmie explained, according to The Collegian.

“The previous ‘all gender’ sign was installed without consultation with Residential Life Directors, the staff of the Stonewall Center, student organizations or the State Plumbing Board,” she elaborated.

Further, MacKimmie went on to express her full support of creating “a campus environment that supports and values all members” of the community, even noting that “as a result, 135 campus bathrooms, 122 residence hall restrooms and 21 residence hall bathrooms have been designated as gender-inclusive.”

Still, some students, such as Ethan Gourlay, plan to continue to use any bathroom of their choosing.

“I find having to choose between men’s and women’s rooms oppressive and uncomfortable,” Gourlay told The Collegian. “The change to women’s rooms might not have a big change—I intend to use them because gender is a lie.”

Goofy
09-07-2017, 12:20 PM
:yawn:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-07-2017, 12:26 PM
:yawn:

You need to be more tolerant :nono:

“I find having to choose between men’s and women’s rooms oppressive and uncomfortable,” Gourlay told The Collegian.

Goofy
09-07-2017, 12:40 PM
Its quite simple really, if you look down and see a dick attached to your body then you go into the mens toilet, if you have no dick then you go into the females....... surely even these retards can work that out? :-k

deebakes
09-08-2017, 12:43 AM
LGBTQ-themed residence hall? :?

PorkChopSandwiches
09-11-2017, 04:13 PM
:facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2017, 04:15 PM
:facepalm:

Having to choose between men’s and women’s rooms oppressive and uncomfortable :nono:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-11-2017, 04:16 PM
I feel "its" pain

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2017, 04:20 PM
My question to "it" would be, how hard can it be? Usually aren't the men's room and the women's room literally right next to each other?

Hal-9000
09-11-2017, 07:41 PM
And this is what's wrong with the world today:

"...I intend to use them because gender is a lie."

Because of a feeling, based on a perception (right or wrong makes no difference), this person is going to do whatever they feel like, even if it involves breaking the law.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2017, 07:48 PM
Quit oppressing them! :x

Hal-9000
09-11-2017, 07:55 PM
"I feel like..." "this makes me anxious" "you're violating my right as a person" "you are hurting me with microaggression"

Eat shit you pansies. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2017, 08:01 PM
:triggered:

Hal-9000
09-11-2017, 08:03 PM
:triggered:

:hand:

https://i.imgur.com/oDs0j1Z.jpg :thumbsup: