PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Anchor: ‘Donald Trump Is A White Supremacist’

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2017, 12:21 PM
Derek Hunter - The Daily Caller

https://i.imgur.com/iGjMkcr.jpg

ESPN has seen its fair share of political controversy lately, including the removal of college football play by play announcer Robert Lee from a game because he shares a name with the Confederate general.

The network has encouraged their personalities to be political in their commentary, and Jemele Hill, who is a co-host of the 6pm SportsCenter, appears to have taken this encouragement to heart when she called President Donald Trump “a white supremacist” Monday night during a Twitter rant.

ESPN recently fired 100 employees due, in part, to sinking ratings some attribute to the creeping politics from their personalities. This latest event, documented below, likely won’t help that trend.
Hill’s rant was met with much criticism.

Muddy
09-12-2017, 01:21 PM
:lol: career suicide.

deebakes
09-13-2017, 03:16 AM
oh jemele hill, why? :|

Teh One Who Knocks
09-13-2017, 12:04 PM

Nice statement :roll:

RBP
09-13-2017, 12:10 PM

Nice statement :roll:

"Inappropriate"

https://i.imgur.com/ICgAGdN.gif

Muddy
09-13-2017, 12:26 PM
She's broadcasting on your show bro.. They are your statements.. (Charlottesville teaches us that.. remember?)

Teh One Who Knocks
09-14-2017, 10:12 AM
By Benjamin Brown - FOX News

https://i.imgur.com/dwkIlzq.jpg

ESPN host Jemele Hill took to Twitter on Wednesday evening “to address the elephant in the room,” after coming under fire Monday for calling President Donald Trump a “white supremacist.”

“My comments on Twitter expressed my personal beliefs. My regret is that my comments and the public way I made them painted ESPN in an unfair light. My respect for the company and my colleagues remains unconditional,” Hill tweeted.

In a series of tweets Monday, Hill claimed Trump was “unqualified and unfit to be president,” and that “his rise is a direct result of white supremacy.”
The network responded Tuesday, saying Hill’s comments “do not represent the position of ESPN,” and that she “recognizes her actions were inappropriate."

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, meanwhile, said Wednesday that she believes Hill’s statements about the president constituted a “fireable offense.”

“That is one of the more outrageous comments that anybody could make and certainly is something that is a fireable offense by ESPN,” Sanders told reporters at the White House daily briefing.

Hill co-hosts the 6 p.m. broadcast of “SportsCenter” alongside Michael Smith, and has been on ESPN since 2013.

As of Wednesday, the tweets have not been deleted from Hill’s account.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-14-2017, 10:20 AM
By TMZ Sports

https://i.imgur.com/bdPMGjt.jpg

Al Sharpton says he's got Jemele Hill's back -- and if ESPN fires her over her anti-Trump tweets, he'll lead a boycott against the network.

The Rev. tells TMZ Sports he's furious with the White House and press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders for saying Hill's tweets are a "fireable offense."

FYI, Hill strongly tweeted against Trump on Sept. 11 ... calling him a "white supremacist" and "the most ignorant, offensive president of my lifetime."

Sharpton says Hill has every right to express her political views without fear that the government will call for her job.

"Let's not forget, ESPN is regulated by the FCC. The FCC commissioners are appointed by the White House so it's a whole different level of intimidation on media outlets when you have the press secretary [calling for a reporter's job]."

Sharpton says he has a message for Hill -- "Stand strong. If they take you out, many of us in the civil rights community will stand up for you and take ESPN off our service."

Teh One Who Knocks
09-14-2017, 11:13 AM
FOX News

https://i.imgur.com/RniF5QI.jpg

Former major league pitcher Curt Schilling, who was fired from ESPN for comments he made on social media in 2016, took to Sean Hannity’s radio show Wednesday afternoon to excoriate the network’s “liberal racism.”

The sports network’s Jemele Hill set off a firestorm with a recent tweet branding President Trump a “white supremacist who has largely surrounded himself w/ other white supremacists.”

“Let’s be very clear about something,” Schilling told Hannity, “Jemele Hill has always been a racist — the things that she says, the things that she does — I don’t have a problem the fact that Jemele Hill is racist, that Bomani Jones is racist, and Colin Kaepernick knelt for a lie, and that Disney and ESPN, who they own, supports liberal racism.”

He added, “The left has always been the party of racism and intolerance.”
Schilling, a Hall of Fame contender after a long career during which he won three World Series, was sacked by the “Worldwide Leader in Sports” in April after he posted a meme on Facebook protesting recent laws allowing transgendered people to use whichever bathroom they wish. ESPN claimed Schilling’s post violated a company policy prohibiting analysts from discussing politics.

Hannity suggested the network and Americans of a liberal ideology advocate a double standard.

“Sean, the left is the party of identity politics, everything they do and say is based on your race, your religion, your sexual — hey, let’s be very clear about something. I was fired because I compared Islamic extremists to Nazis, which factually is true. I was fired because I said that men should use the men’s room to go to the bathroom, something I was taught when I grew up. I don’t need the government to tell me those things,” said Schilling, a current Breitbart podcaster.

Hill’s comments came amid increasing criticism of ESPN for inserting politics into its sports programming. The Jemele Hill controversy has bubbled all the way up to the White House, where Press Secretary Sarah Sanders weighed in Wednesday. “That is one of the more outrageous comments that anybody could make and certainly is something that is a fireable offense by ESPN,” Sanders told reporters.

“The comments on Twitter from Jemele Hill regarding the President do not represent the position of ESPN,” the network said in a statement. “We have addressed this with Jemele and she recognizes her action were inappropriate.”

RBP
09-14-2017, 11:18 AM
Welcome to the party, Al. The rest of us stopped that shitshow network watching long ago.

The white said she could be terminated, which is a fact. They did not call for her termination. However, ESPN has given tacit approval to her actions, with both she and the network only regretting the way it played out, not the content. ESPN did not disavow the comments.

RBP
09-14-2017, 11:20 AM
Great point on Schilling. I forgot about that.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-14-2017, 11:29 AM
Yup, they couldn't cut ties fast enough with Schilling over something completely minor, especially compared with the tirade this bitch went on. If it wasn't for some football/baseball games being shown on ESPN, I would never watch the network.

RBP
09-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Yup, they couldn't cut ties fast enough with Schilling over something completely minor, especially compared with the tirade this bitch went on. If it wasn't for some football/baseball games being shown on ESPN, I would never watch the network.

Yes, games are one thing. The shows? Never.

Hal-9000
09-14-2017, 07:58 PM
What am I missing? A person who works for a sports network feels the need to make a racial/political comment about the president? How does that relate to sports please?

Before you answer I've noticed one thing and it's a generalization about Americans based on my observations. I've noticed in comment sections, everything from Youtube to movie reviews to podcasts I listen to about entertainment, that someone always has to make a political comment about Clinton or Trump.

eg This movie is lot like our political system, people like ____ are elected (or not) and we the people allow this.

I'm a person who will draw upon my own life situations to further relate to a story I read, if I feel there's a connection. Often with these comment sections I've mentioned above, there is no bridge or reason to bring up a politician's name or a political party. Liberal bashing has nothing to do with the fucking Batman movie and electing Trump has nothing to with the Planet of the Apes :x

I notice this political injection quite a bit and I don't mean to insult you Americans on a wholesale level. Not everyone does it. But it's so prevalent, from an outsider's point of view it almost appears like a disease. Like people can't get through one Youtube video without insulting the political side they're not affiliated with.

Is that what happened in this ESPN story? The chick decided to associate Trump with racism and it didn't pertain to the story at hand?

Muddy
09-14-2017, 11:18 PM
Yes.

RBP
09-15-2017, 03:19 AM
What am I missing? A person who works for a sports network feels the need to make a racial/political comment about the president? How does that relate to sports please?

Before you answer I've noticed one thing and it's a generalization about Americans based on my observations. I've noticed in comment sections, everything from Youtube to movie reviews to podcasts I listen to about entertainment, that someone always has to make a political comment about Clinton or Trump.

eg This movie is lot like our political system, people like ____ are elected (or not) and we the people allow this.

I'm a person who will draw upon my own life situations to further relate to a story I read, if I feel there's a connection. Often with these comment sections I've mentioned above, there is no bridge or reason to bring up a politician's name or a political party. Liberal bashing has nothing to do with the fucking Batman movie and electing Trump has nothing to with the Planet of the Apes :x

I notice this political injection quite a bit and I don't mean to insult you Americans on a wholesale level. Not everyone does it. But it's so prevalent, from an outsider's point of view it almost appears like a disease. Like people can't get through one Youtube video without insulting the political side they're not affiliated with.

Is that what happened in this ESPN story? The chick decided to associate Trump with racism and it didn't pertain to the story at hand?It goes deeper. ESPN made an editorial bet to become social activists in non game programming. It backfired and they have lost millions of subscribers and were forced to cut staff drastically.

Turns out that when people tune in to sports, they want to hear about sports. Go figure.

DemonGeminiX
10-09-2017, 09:21 PM
This bitch was suspended today for talking shit on Trump and the Cowboys yesterday.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/09/espn-s-jemele-hill-suspended-from-network-for-two-weeks.html

deebakes
10-10-2017, 02:35 AM
she apparently wants to be a martyr :shrug:

lost in melb.
10-10-2017, 06:44 AM
Didn't Trump boot Bannon out? (an almost but not quite white supremacist). Who are the other white supremacists??

Pony
10-10-2017, 10:04 AM
Didn't Trump boot Bannon out? (an almost but not quite white supremacist). Who are the other white supremacists??

All of them. Because they are white, republican and disagree with the liberal narrative. Just ask Michelle Obama, she will tell you.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-10-2017, 12:05 PM
Peter Hasson, Associate Editor - The Daily Caller

https://i.imgur.com/0CxQjsL.jpg

ESPN, already unpopular with conservatives, is now facing the possibility of a boycott from furious liberals over the sports network’s suspension of host Jemele Hill.

ESPN suspended Hill for calling for a boycott of the Dallas Cowboys’ advertisers after Cowboys owner Jerry Jones threatened to bench any player who kneeled during the anthem. Hill’s boycott was her second violation of ESPN’s social media policies, the network said. She previously stirred controversy by calling President Trump a “white supremacist” on Twitter.

The backlash against ESPN for Hill’s suspension began almost immediately among left-wing activists and celebrities, many of whom used the hashtag “#BoycottESPN” on social media.

“Dear [ESPN] suspending [Jemele Hill] doesn’t make you seem biased, bigoted or racist all,” actor Greg Proops wrote. “Boo. Not watching till she’s back.”
Actress Debra Messing also called for a boycott of ESPN.
“I wanna know who made the call for Jemele Hill to be suspended—We will boycott ESPN til u tell us & that person is fired,” Democratic operative Scott Dworkin wrote on Twitter, using the hashtag “#BoycottESPN.”

Reverend Al Sharpton also hinted at a boycott of ESPN.

“ESPN’s suspension of Jemele Hill is an outrage and should NOT go unanswered,” Sharpton wrote on Twitter. “ESPN and advertisers will hear from us!”

Sharpton struck a similar tone in a statement on behalf of the National Action Network, an activist organization he founded

“We consider it outrageous that Jemele Hill was suspended by ESPN,” Sharpton said.

“She has the right to tell people that they ought to let advertisers know how they feel, since they are the consumers. While she didn’t call for a direct boycott, it’s not off the table for us in the civil rights community,” he warned.

ESPN has struggled to maintain its ratings amidst a growing backlash to the sports network’s increasingly political slant.

The network already had a reputation for its liberal bias, even before Hill called President Trump a “white supremacist” on Twitter, which drew a reaction from the White House.

White House press secretary called Hill’s remarks a “fireable offense” and Trump demanded an apology from the network. Hill later walked back her comments, although she has remained vocal about politics.

lost in melb.
10-10-2017, 12:28 PM
All of them. Because they are white, republican and disagree with the liberal narrative. Just ask Michelle Obama, she will tell you.

*ring* *ring* She's not answering :idk:

Muddy
10-10-2017, 04:00 PM
Pfffft... :hand: Boycott away you fuckin' broke commie pinkos!!

PorkChopSandwiches
10-10-2017, 04:35 PM
You're fired