PDA

View Full Version : 'HuffPo Queer' Lashes Out at Demi Lovato for Keeping Her Sex Life Private

Teh One Who Knocks
09-22-2017, 12:20 PM
By Pardes Seleh - Independent Journal Review

https://i.imgur.com/jHZQlx8.jpg

Huffington Post section “Queer Voices” is accusing Hollywood celebrity and singer Demi Lovato of “total bullsh*t” because she “doesn't want to talk about her sexuality.” And the singer hasn't kept quiet in defending herself.

In a recent interview with PrideSource.com, Lovato said she supports the LGBTQ community as evident through her songs but likes to keep her sexuality private.

When writer Chris Azzopardi pressed Lovato on why she does not like to speak about her sexuality, she said:

I just feel like everyone's always looking for a headline and they always want their magazine or TV show or whatever to be the one to break what my sexuality is. I feel like it's irrelevant to what my music is all about.

I stand up for the things that I believe in and the things that I'm passionate about, but I like to keep my personal life as private as possible when it comes to dating and sexuality and all that stuff just because it has nothing to do with my music. Unfortunately, we live in a world where everyone is trying to get that soundbite and I am purposefully not giving the soundbite. Watch my documentary.

Lovato added that if she does talk about her sexuality in the future, she wants it to be “on my own terms.”

The singer's plea for privacy regarding her sexuality isn't playing well with some LGBTQ members, who take it as a sign that she thinks other people's sexuality should be kept secret as well.

A queer Ellen DeGeneres fan site, After Ellen, for instance, accuses Lovato of being “biphobic” because a lyric in her song, “Cool For The Summer,” tells lesbians, “don't tell your mother, kiss one another.”

And HuffPo's Noah Michelson said that,“[t]he only way that I can make sense of any of this is that Lovato only wants to keep her sexuality private ― not her love life, not who she’s dating, not her relationships. And that’s a problem.”

Michelson claims Lovato's willingness to be open about all parts of her life except for her sexuality indicates a “fetishization of the closet and of alternative sexualities being read as deviant (and therefore thrilling and mostly safe for sampling and monetizing as long as they're strictly temporary and discreet).”

Lovato herself is firing back at her critics over “Cool for the Summer,” telling PrideSource.com:

“My intention with the song was just fun and bi-curiosity. I think people look at song lyrics - they look too into it. I wish I could tell that website to 'chill the fuck out' and ”take a break,' because it's just a song."

And her fans are defending her online, too, telling HuffPo to mind its own business:
https://i.imgur.com/ncifVY8.png

The singer also addresses the current wave of political correctness surrounding social issues, telling PrideSource.com:

“I think we live in a world today where no matter what you do, you're doing something wrong, whether it's cultural appropriation or it's being insensitive to certain groups of people.”

She added: “We just live in that age where everything we do is wrong and, unfortunately, everyone's looking for a reason to have their voices heard, and sometimes it's not always in the most positive way.”

Muddy
09-22-2017, 01:44 PM
By Pardes Seleh - Independent Journal Review

Love the response!! :lol:

Hal-9000
09-22-2017, 06:46 PM
Can't agree more with the backlash. It's not even about her being a singer and disclosing her likes and wants. No one should have to share their most personal desires with the public.

RBP
09-22-2017, 08:37 PM
This sucks. She keeps doing things to make me like her. #teamsequoialegs

redred
09-22-2017, 08:45 PM
'HuffPo Queer i thought that was some z list celeb :lol:

deebakes
09-23-2017, 03:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7aSnjdz.gif

Hal-9000
09-23-2017, 06:45 PM
'HuffPo Queer i thought that was some z list celeb :lol: