PDA

View Full Version : Cannabis smokers 'incapable of walking' rescued from England's highest mountain

Teh One Who Knocks
09-25-2017, 11:29 AM
By Mark Molloy - The Telegraph

https://i.imgur.com/0fOqZbr.jpg

A group “incapable of walking” after smoking cannabis had to be rescued from England’s highest mountain, police say.

The four climbers sparked a three-hour mountain rescue operation after getting stuck on Scafell Pike in Cumbria’s Lake District yesterday afternoon.

Cumbria Police said “words fail us” after mountain rescue, air support and ambulance crews had to be dispatched to the 978 metre (3,209 ft) peak when the walkers got a lot higher than they expected.
Police received an emergency call from the “incapacitated” group who said they were stuck on the mountain after taking the Class B drug.

“Now having to deploy mountain rescue, air support and ambulance to rescue them,” Cumbria Police posted on social media.

“Persons rescued after becoming incapable of walking due to cannabis use. MRT volunteers putting themselves at risk to prevent harm.”

The group were brought down to safety by the Wasdale Mountain Rescue Team, a group of volunteers that support the emergency services in the area, at 9:45pm.

Cumbria Police warned walkers about the dangers of taking alcohol or any other impairing substances onto a mountain.

“We received a 999 emergency call at approximately 6:30pm” a Cumbria Police spokesperson said.

“Unfortunately a group of four people who were on Scafell Pike had run into difficulty.

“Cumbria Constabulary liaised the Wasdale Mountain Rescue Team who were able to bring them down to safety at 9:45pm.”
North Cumbria Superintendent, Justin Bibby, warned walkers to “never underestimate the mountain and always prepare before setting out”.

He added: “Mountain safety is your responsibility, bring the right equipment and food, and know how to use it. Our priority is your safety.

“The mountain rescue team had a particularly busy day yesterday dealing with this incident.

“They are volunteers, they do an amazing job and are always there to assist those who get into difficulty.

“Taking alcohol or any other substance that could impair your judgement significantly increases your risk of getting into trouble. It has no place on a mountain.”

The Lake District Search And Mountain Rescue Association (LDSAMRA), the umbrella body for mountain rescue teams in Cumbria, said such callouts were “becoming a joke”.

Social media users have criticised the “idiotic” group, with one posting on Cumbria Police’s Facebook page: “There should be a mandatory financial charge for this sort of thing.”
Alison Mortimer wrote: “Surely when there is culpability, the emergency services are able to charge for their services? All credit to those who get called out tonight to ‘rescue’ these idiots.”

“Really? What bloody idiots. They should pay you for rescuing them in these circumstances,” commented another.

Goofy
09-25-2017, 12:29 PM
:lol:

deebakes
09-26-2017, 02:07 AM
red? :?

PorkChopSandwiches
09-26-2017, 04:43 PM
Clearly this was edibles and not a joint....fuckin newbs

Godfather
09-27-2017, 01:35 AM
Clearly this was edibles and not a joint....fuckin newbs

Ya... I don't fuck with edibles ever anymore :lol: Far too unpredictable, I believe you metabolize the drug completely differently too, it's definitely not the same as take a few hits off a joint.

Hal-9000
09-27-2017, 05:23 AM
“incapable of walking” after smoking cannabis...

British weed must be something special...I've been trying for 30 years to achieve that :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-27-2017, 03:25 PM
Ya... I don't fuck with edibles ever anymore :lol: Far too unpredictable, I believe you metabolize the drug completely differently too, it's definitely not the same as take a few hits off a joint.

Yeah Joe Rogan does an awesome talk about edibles and how they are processed (totally different than smoking) on his podcast

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2017, 03:32 PM

“incapable of walking” after smoking cannabis...

British weed must be something special...I've been trying for 30 years to achieve that :lol:

Come to Colorado then, people say that the stuff they are selling here (the recreational, not the medical) is the some of, in not the strongest stuff they have ever tried by far.

Hal-9000
09-27-2017, 03:37 PM
Come to Colorado then, people say that the stuff they are selling here (the recreational, not the medical) is the some of, in not the strongest stuff they have ever tried by far.

Western Canada...particularly southern Alberta and BC have had some of the strongest weed for years. They measure the THC content and for example let's say normal weed has a level of 3 or 4...our stuff has 25-29 :lol: The world has since caught up, but our hydroponic crops (grown in clay pellets or water indoors, rather than dirt) enjoy a pretty good reputation :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2017, 03:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/3tkBIlr.png

It's in the upper 30's here

PorkChopSandwiches
09-27-2017, 03:44 PM
36.7% is hard to believe, I think the highest ratings I have seen is high 20s maybe 30%. That being said you would not be stuck on a mountain after smoking it. Worst case you chill for an hour then walk your happy ass down.

Hal-9000
09-27-2017, 03:49 PM
https://i.imgur.com/3tkBIlr.png

It's in the upper 30's here

Yeah I was using a scale, not the actual percentage... but you understand.

Let me impart a real world example :lol: My friend, last time I saw him had - Sour Diesel, OG kush, Big Bubba kush, Super Silver Haze and White Rhino crossed with Northern Lights.

Don't get too bogged down with the names. I always say - It could be called fucking Devil's Anus and I don't care, the point is - does it get you really stoned?

The Sour Diesel and White Rhino strains were his weakest...in fact Sour Diesel is kind of the light beer of weeds :lol:

Typically a kush variant is the strongest up here and usually smells the worst (best).

PorkChopSandwiches
09-27-2017, 03:51 PM
I was more responding to Lances pic. CA has great weed as well. My point being, nobody is stuck on a mountain from smoking weed, eating it is a whole different story. I feel if the author had any idea what he was talking about he would find they ate the weed :lol:

redred
09-27-2017, 03:52 PM
they need mdma , they would of walked down that mountain and chosen another to walk up :lol:

Hal-9000
09-27-2017, 03:58 PM
36.7% is hard to believe, I think the highest ratings I have seen is high 20s maybe 30%. That being said you would not be stuck on a mountain after smoking it. Worst case you chill for an hour then walk your happy ass down.

Right now I have some cannabis oil capsules my sister got from a medical place in BC. They look like cold medicine capsules and if I eat one, some of my jaw pain goes away.

If I don't have food and eat two, I get a mild body stone for a few hours. But I can certainly walk and function without issue. I've posted her a few times while under the influence and it doesn't stop me from posting in eight threads at once while answering personal emails, doing laundry etc.

You gotta go real heavy with the smoke and somewhat heavy with the edibles to become incapacitated to the point of calling 911 or 999 for help to return from a mountain hike.

So either these people smoked weed that had something much stronger sprayed on it, or ate copious amounts of a strong edible. Or, they are total lightweights who need to stay away from things like aspirin and strong cough syrup.

Hal-9000
09-27-2017, 04:00 PM
I was more responding to Lances pic. CA has great weed as well. My point being, nobody is stuck on a mountain from smoking weed, eating it is a whole different story. I feel if the author had any idea what he was talking about he would find they ate the weed :lol:

I hear you man.

Devil's Anus, holy fuuuuuuckkkk! :lol:

Hal-9000
09-27-2017, 04:01 PM
they need mdma , they would of walked down that mountain and chosen another to walk up :lol:

:lol:

Only one mountain? Fuck that let's go up all of them!!! :face:

Godfather
09-28-2017, 01:12 AM

Man, when I do get weed (maybe 2-3 joints a year tops), it's from an old stoner hippy friend of my wife's mom :lol: It's some weaker, OG shit and I love it. You light one at a party when everyone's had a few drinks, everyone slows their roll, gets giggly, it's so nice and very manageable.

I'm too old for the face-melting shit.