PDA

View Full Version : The 2016 Election and the Demise of Journalistic Standards

Pony
09-25-2017, 11:09 PM
I’ve been a journalist for a long time. Long enough to know that it wasn’t always like this. There was a time not so long ago when journalists were trusted and admired. We were generally seen as trying to report the news in a fair and straightforward manner. Today, all that has changed. For that, we can blame the 2016 election or, more accurately, how some news organizations chose to cover it. Among the many firsts, last year’s election gave us the gobsmacking revelation that most of the mainstream media puts both thumbs on the scale—that most of what you read, watch, and listen to is distorted by intentional bias and hostility. I have never seen anything like it. Not even close.....

(5 pages, the rest at link)

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/2016-election-demise-journalistic-standards/

Pony
09-26-2017, 11:04 AM
This is a really good article if anyone wants to take the time to read it.

Griffin
09-27-2017, 12:34 AM
Very good article! The last paragraph really set the frame for reflection, so I've decided to spend more time in titty bars giving strippers my money. :thumbsup:

RBP
09-27-2017, 01:21 AM
I will read it, Pony. I'm an old school media cynic. I haven't trusted the media since Cronkite committed treason over the Tet Offensive. So, my whole life. :lol:

Muddy
09-27-2017, 01:27 AM
I had no idea Pony was a journalist!

RBP
09-27-2017, 03:43 AM
I had no idea Pony was a journalist!#fakenews