PDA

View Full Version : Gillette Stadium charges fans $4.50 for tap water in cups after bottled water runs out

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2017, 10:57 AM
FOX News

https://i.imgur.com/YULyXWv.jpg

New England Patriots fans on Sunday reportedly complained that the stadium charged them $4.50 for cups of tap water after bottled water at the venue was sold out.

The Boston Globe reported that it was unusually hot in Foxborough and officials at Gillette Stadium bought double the amount of water bottles for the game.

The report said that while temperatures hit 86 degrees, fans requested cups of tap water. The concession stands are not equipped with complementary water cups, so workers filled soda cups.

The Patriots acknowledged the issue in a statement to WBZ-TV.

“We apologize. That should not have happened,” team spokesman Stacey James said. “It is the first time that I have ever heard that complaint here. We are looking into the matter to ensure that it doesn’t happen again.”

Goofy
09-26-2017, 12:31 PM
Wow

PorkChopSandwiches
09-26-2017, 04:30 PM
sounds about par for the course

deebakes
09-27-2017, 01:34 AM
:(

Godfather
09-27-2017, 03:31 AM
sounds about par for the course

No shit. If I ran a stadium I'd seriously push for experimenting with lower prices. Take business back from all the restaurants nearby by charging reasonable prices and maybe people will eat more. And for teams not selling out, cheap food seems like it could be a serious draw if you advertised it a bit. The prices at games these days are out of control.

Canucks games are roughly $10 for a burger and another $5 for fries, $10 beers, $5 Snickers bars... and they haven't been selling out consistently in a couple years. Maybe if my $120 ticket didn't mean $40 of very average food and drinks I'd be more likely to buy one.

Hal-9000
09-27-2017, 05:03 AM
No shit. If I ran a stadium I'd seriously push for experimenting with lower prices. Take business back from all the restaurants nearby by charging reasonable prices and maybe people will eat more. And for teams not selling out, cheap food seems like it could be a serious draw if you advertised it a bit. The prices at games these days are out of control.

Canucks games are roughly $10 for a burger and another $5 for fries, $10 beers, $5 Snickers bars... and they haven't been selling out consistently in a couple years. Maybe if my $120 ticket didn't mean $40 of very average food and drinks I'd be more likely to buy one.

Westjet circa 2007-2010....five dollars for a small bottle of water on the 1.5 hour flight out to see you...

consumable prices have been out of control for a long time in public places..

deebakes
09-28-2017, 02:07 AM
the atlanta falcons (nfl) are offering the lowest concession prices :tup:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/15560867/atlanta-falcons-offer-lowest-concession-prices-major-team-sports-new-mercedes-benz-stadium

ITEMS COST
Classic Hot Dog $2
Waffle Fries $3
Pizza Slice $3
Classic Cheeseburger $5
Nachos $3
Chicken Tender Basket $6

Snacks Cost
Pretzel $2
Popcorn $2
Peanuts $3

Beverages Cost