PDA

View Full Version : Uber driver stabbed in New York City road rage case, police say

Teh One Who Knocks
09-29-2017, 10:26 AM
By Paulina Dedaj, Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/CLXGqVp.jpg

Police in New York City are searching for a suspect who reportedly stabbed an Uber driver during a fit of road rage Thursday afternoon.

The victim, who had an Uber sticker in the windshield of his gray SUV, got into an altercation with the suspect around 3:45 p.m. in Midtown Manhattan.

The NYPD says the attacker got out of his vehicle and stabbed the Uber driver in his left arm before driving off toward Sixth Avenue.

The victim appeared to be in stable condition on the scene.

The suspect drove a gray GMC Acadia with New York Taxi and Limousine Commission plates, police said.

RBP
09-29-2017, 01:47 PM
I love how anyone with a sticker is "an Uber driver" in these stories... a million cars have that sticker.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-29-2017, 01:51 PM
Why would you have the sticker on your vehicle if you weren't driving for them?

RBP
09-29-2017, 01:59 PM
Why would you have the sticker on your vehicle if you weren't driving for them?

They drive once in a while, or did a month ago, or stopped entirely, or their kid did it, or their wife did it, or they tried it and decided they didn't like it, or whatever. They might just leave it there in case they ever decide to do it again. Or they were just too lazy to remove it. Like the people that have 5 city stickers from the past 5 years.

DemonGeminiX
09-29-2017, 02:01 PM
I guess I'm one of those... I have a set of military base parking stickers on my windshield that expired a while back that I should have removed but never did. :oops:

RBP
09-29-2017, 02:01 PM
Exactly.

RBP
09-29-2017, 02:04 PM
Not to mention the fact that the logo changed a year ago and all active drivers were issued new logos. The "U" is old.