PDA

View Full Version : The $100,000 Luxury Ford F-450 Truck: An Idea Whose Time Has Come

Teh One Who Knocks
09-29-2017, 10:35 AM
David Tracy - Jalopnik

https://i.imgur.com/CfhgXc3.jpg

It is time. We knew the luxo-truck onslaught that’s been wreaking havoc across this great nation was going to bring us to this moment. But now, it’s finally here: Ford has thrown down the gauntlet with its new “Super Duty Limited” line, whose crown jewel is an F-450 that can cost over $100,000.

With the Texas State Fair coming up tomorrow, Ford’s new Super Duty Limited line offers Texans three new ways to waste spend their hard-earned cash on Super Duty trucks. They can buy an $80,835 F-250 Super Duty Limited, an $82,010 F-350 Super Duty Limited, or the crème de la crème model, the F-450 Super Duty Limited (all of which are 4x4s).

The big boy in the lineup starts at $87,100, but with all the boxes ticked, that price can reach $94,445. Throw on your state’s 6 or 7 percent sales tax, and you’re hovering right around 100 large.

https://i.imgur.com/HM8kbib.png

In its press release, Ford says over half of its Super Duty sales are of Lariat, King Ranch or Platinum trims, so it only makes sense to keep cranking that luxo-truck dial, with Ford Truck Group marketing Manager Todd Eckert saying:

There are heavy-duty truck customers who need Super Duty-level capability and want true luxury...We created this new truck to answer the call for even more premium choices in the Super Duty range as we see more and more truck customers trending to more premium models.

Among the features these premium Limited models offer, are: two-tone heated and vented front leather seats, heated rear seats, premium leather-wrapped steering wheel, suede headliner, hand-finished ash wood trim, a unique grille and tailgate, a 360-degree camera, adaptive cruise control, adaptive steering, lane-keep alert, forward collision warning, LED headlamps, panoramic moonroof.

https://i.imgur.com/YfOb5Ae.png

As we’ve learned from the Lariats, King Ranches, LTZs and Rubicon Recons of the world, people are totally willing to drop heavy coin on vehicles built on platforms that could have been built in the 1940s. That’s great news for truck companies (these body-on-frame rigs have to be cash cows), and if the buyers are happy, then it’s a win-win, right?

I know it’s tempting for us to laugh at a solid-axled, body-on-frame pickup that pushes six-figures, but there are rich folks out there who make a living by doing honest, hard work. And if they want to treat themselves with a bit of supple leather rubbing against their butt-cheeks, who are we to judge?

I guess you could call me a luxo-truck sympathizer.

DemonGeminiX
09-29-2017, 01:58 PM
So... when are you getting yours, Lance?

:-k

Teh One Who Knocks
09-29-2017, 02:05 PM
So... when are you getting yours, Lance?

:-k

As soon as your PayPal transfer of $95,000 comes thru to me :tup:

DemonGeminiX
09-29-2017, 02:09 PM
:nono:

That's the down-payment for my GT Shelby Mustang. You can't have it. You're just gonna have to pay for your super-duper-ultra-rich monster truck all on your own.

redred
09-29-2017, 02:52 PM
i don't like the double wheel on the rear would look a lot better with one wide one F1 style :lol:

Godfather
09-29-2017, 03:02 PM
Pavement Princess :lol:

I think the fully kitted Ford F-150 Raptor edition has been over $100k with all the options for a few years now though hasn't it?

DemonGeminiX
09-29-2017, 06:00 PM
Maybe up in Canuckistan, but they rape you guys over everything up there compared to down here.

Muddy
09-29-2017, 06:54 PM
You'll never get 100k of my money for that..

Godfather
09-30-2017, 08:32 AM
Maybe up in Canuckistan, but they rape you guys over everything up there compared to down here.

Ah ya you're right, they're not quite as expensive as I'd heard. I fully configured one for Florida, came to about $68, looks like it'd be about $82k "Canuckistan" dollars :lol: Which actually isn't bad given the exchange rate :-k

deebakes
09-30-2017, 01:39 PM
i am a LONG way from ever spending that much money on something i drive :hand:

Godfather
09-30-2017, 05:08 PM
Personally I don't have an issue with it, as long as you admit it's a luxury vehicle and not a truck :lol: Every third car in Vancouver seems to be a $100k Range Rover so if you love trucks and have the money why not.

deebakes
09-30-2017, 06:17 PM
because money can be spent more wisely :shrug:

Godfather
09-30-2017, 06:25 PM
There are a lot of people who $100k isn't a lot of money for. When I used to deal with car insurance, I had (often international) clients who wrote cheques for $150k cars and $4k of insurance for their kids like it was a loaf of bread. In some countries like China the luxury tax on foreign vehicles is so insane that a Camry costs $90,000, so coming here and getting a BMW for that is a treat.