PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley Drops Scorching Hot Take on National Anthem Protesters, NFL Owners

Teh One Who Knocks
09-29-2017, 11:56 AM
By Caleb Hull - Independent Journal Review

https://i.imgur.com/q4Js9aW.jpg

Following the drama surrounding the NFL and a massive turnout of players protesting the national anthem after Donald Trump's aggressive comments towards those who choose to “disrespect the flag,” NBA Legend Charles Barkley weighed in and held nothing back.

On Monday, Barkley appeared on “The Dan Patrick Show” to give his thoughts on national anthem protests and about Steph Curry's comments towards Trump, which ultimately led to his team's invitation to the White House being taken back.

When asked about the national anthem protests, Barkley responded:

“I would stand for the national anthem personally.”

Then Barkley shot down the stereotypical responses he would expect from people that disagreed with his comments:

"You know, Dan, you said something earlier and it always annoys me when people say it — you know I've never voted Republican a day in my life. I'm a Democrat and just for the record, Democrats aren't doing anything for black people either.

My mother asked me if we're Republican or Democrat and she said only rich people are Republican. I said, 'you do know we're rich, right?' People assume — I do want to make that clear. I've always voted Democratic, but they're not doing anything for us either. I want to make that clear."

Barkley then went on to state that he doesn't understand why the players aren't going into the communities themselves:

"The media has totally hijacked this conversation about who's kneeling, who's not kneeling, who's holding their fist up. I forgot why these guys are doing it. We got a lot of power. We got to use that power in a position way. We can go into some of these communities and do a lot of positive stuff. Don't worry about what the president says.

[...]

The players, they got so much money now and got so much influence. We need to take a progressive approach and go into these communities ourselves and try to make a difference.

[...]

The players got to say, 'what can we do collectively?' Let's don't worry about the president, let's don't worry about the media. What can we do individually?

[...]

They can go to the owners and say, 'hey let's go into these communities,' instead of wasting time about kneeling and who's protesting."

Barkley also was asked about Steph Curry's comments towards the president, which led the Trump taking back his invitation to the Golden State Warriors to visit the White House after winning the NBA Finals:

“Well I think anytime you get an opportunity to go to the White House, it's an honor and a privilege. Don't care who the president is — I think you should go. How many times are you going to get an opportunity to sit down with the president and discuss some issues with him? Not going is over with. It's just giving these guys on TV and radio something to talk about.”

Barkley, who made it clear he was a Democrat and always voted Democrat, didn't hold anything back and made a brilliant point that maybe the players should go make a difference themselves in the communities instead of “wasting their time kneeling.”

Goofy
09-29-2017, 12:25 PM
:clap: