PDA

View Full Version : Wholesome kid who reviews fast food demonetized by Youtubes bullshit algorithm

Godfather
10-05-2017, 03:05 AM
I'm sure nobody here watches this kid, and he's only been on my radar because he's been on a few other shows. He's just a strange dude who likes to wear old-timie suits and review Big Macs, but he has a really hilarious community following that props in up.

Anyways, Youtube recently rolled out an algorithm that determines what content is suitable for advertising, and it demonetizes videos almost completely randomly.

Bottom line is that Youtube is killing long, long time channels with huge cult followings, and it's really kind of sad and angering.

https://youtu.be/ppcYoem3URo

deebakes
10-05-2017, 03:36 AM
:(

Muddy
10-05-2017, 02:28 PM
fuckin skynet!

http://i66.tinypic.com/kdtjsh.jpg

DemonGeminiX
10-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Yeah, they demonetized every gun and right wing political channel on their site. It's a bullshit leftist maneuver to silence the people talking about things they don't agree with. Most of the channels that have been effected have turned to Patreon for donations.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-05-2017, 02:52 PM
I like watching Blaire White, she's the right leaning trans girl that I have posted videos of before. She said YT demonitized every single one of her videos.

Goofy
10-05-2017, 03:39 PM
I watch Squid and Weazy, pretty much all their vids were demonitized in the adpocalypse due to all the swearing :lol: Youtube better be careful, they'll start losing their biggest content creators very soon.......

PorkChopSandwiches
10-05-2017, 04:43 PM
Thats why I only use worldstarhiphop

Muddy
10-05-2017, 05:03 PM
I like to watch dan TDM play video games.

Goofy
10-05-2017, 05:18 PM
I like to watch dan TDM play video games.

Have you ever watched DrDisrespect? Funny as hell :lol:

It's weird, i used to think people who watched other people playing video games were stupid.......... and now i do it regularly 8-[ I prefer watching the edited clips on youtube from folk like Squid and Weazy + JackFrags but i sometimes pop onto twitch and watch DrDisrespect or Shroud playing PUBG, those guys are insanely good (especially Shroud, he used to be a pro CSGO player and now makes thousands a week just through stream donations).

Doc's actually on now - https://go.twitch.tv/drdisrespectlive

Muddy
10-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Opps sorry.. I forgot the /S.. :razz:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-05-2017, 05:24 PM

It's weird, i used to think people who watched other people playing video games were stupid.......... and now i do it regularly 8-[ I prefer watching the edited clips on youtube from folk like Squid and Weazy + JackFrags but i sometimes pop onto twitch and watch DrDisrespect or Shroud playing PUBG, those guys are insanely good (especially Shroud, he used to be a pro CSGO player and now makes thousands a week just through stream donations).

:facepalm:

Hugh_Janus
10-05-2017, 06:50 PM
Yeah, they demonetized every gun and right wing political channel on their site. It's a bullshit leftist maneuver to silence the people talking about things they don't agree with. Most of the channels that have been effected have turned to Patreon for donations.

fucken lol

DemonGeminiX
10-05-2017, 06:59 PM
What's so funny?

Hugh_Janus
10-05-2017, 07:24 PM
you, you're like fbd squared :lol:

DemonGeminiX
10-05-2017, 07:30 PM
:hand:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

Godfather
10-06-2017, 02:12 AM

If it makes you feel any better, a lot of left leaning, or almost completely a-political channels I know of (food blogs, gamers, hockey how-to's, god damn blogs about beards... etc. :lol: ) have been fucked by this shit too. Youtube is absolutely blowing it.

I guess Patreon is what's left for now, but I hope someone goes out and creates something to take down youtube. They're begging for it.

Godfather
10-06-2017, 02:16 AM

I love PUBG, and there are some hilarious channels on Twitch/Youtube surrounding it, the two guys you mentioned being my favorite along with Josh.

DemonGeminiX
10-06-2017, 02:20 AM
If it makes you feel any better, a lot of left leaning, or almost completely a-political channels I know of (food blogs, gamers, hockey how-to's, god damn blogs about beards... etc. :lol: ) have been fucked by this shit too. Youtube is absolutely blowing it.

I guess Patreon is what's left for now, but I hope someone goes out and creates something to take down youtube. They're begging for it.

They really are. And it would be cool to see some of these guys band together and create competition that puts a dent in Youtube's bottom line.