PDA

View Full Version : Married Maine teacher indicted on 14 sexual assault charges with student who tried to commit suicide

Teh One Who Knocks
10-05-2017, 12:08 PM
FOX News

https://i.imgur.com/3dKjrHC.jpg

A married teacher in Maine accused of sleeping with a student was indicted Tuesday on a number of sexual assault charges.

Jill Lamontagne, 29, turned herself into authorities after she was indicted by a York County Grand Jury on six counts of gross sexual assault, two counts of unlawful sexual contact and six counts of abuse of a minor, the Portland Press Herald reported.

“The indictment was the culmination of an investigation into a relationship Lamontagne allegedly had with a juvenile, male student while she was a teacher at the school,” Kennebunk Deputy Chief of Police Michael Nugent said Wednesday, according to Seacoast Online.

Lamontagne allegedly had a relationship with the male student, 17, who was in her health class at Kennebunk High School at the time of sexual contact.

An abuse order filed by the student’s mother in Biddeford District Court states the relationship between the teacher and boy was revealed when he was hospitalized following a suspected suicide attempt.

The student ingested a concoction of ibuprofen, Tylenol, cold medicine and blood thinner Warfarin, according to the Press Herald.

The boy confessed to the relationship to his aunt a day after his hospitalization. The student and his teacher had sexual contact “numerous times, in the classroom, at her house, in her car,” the student’s mother wrote. The student said Lamontagne performed oral sex on him, adding that “other stuff happened.”

The student allegedly told his mother and a nurse at the hospital that he loved his teacher and took the mixture of medicines to attempt suicide, Seacoast reported.

Lamontagne told the student she hadn’t had a sexual relationship with anyone for two years. Court records reportedly indicate she is married and has children.

The teacher was placed on administrative leave June 12 when the boy’s family notified the school of the sexual contact. Lamontagne then filed for family medical leave, and was still on leave when she submitted her resignation in September.

Lamontagne was booked on the charges and released on $1,000 bail. She’s expected to appear in court Dec. 22.

deebakes
10-06-2017, 03:45 AM
i bet she can look pretty at times :tup:

Hal-9000
10-06-2017, 06:59 PM
her picture says A-1 bitch without even trying :hand:

RBP
10-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Sexual abuse impacts boys.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-31-2018, 11:32 AM
By Matthew Wright For Dailymail.com

https://i.imgur.com/B6mNVyp.jpg

A Maine jury found a married former teacher not guilty on all counts of sexually assaulting a 17-year-old student in 2017.

Jill Lamontagne, 30, was cleared of all 14 counts after an Alfred jury deliberated for two hours on Thursday.

'I am pleased that the truth worked,' said the former Kennebunk High School health teacher, after she broke down crying in the courtroom when the verdict was read.

Lamontagne had been accused of having sex with the student - now 19 - in a classroom closet and in her home, the Journal Tribune reports.

The charges against the teacher included unlawful sexual contact and sexual abuse of a minor.

The teacher denied all the charges, taking the stand during her own defense on Wednesday and into the next day.

Lamontagne asserted that she was helping the teen with his school work and knew that he had had some emotional troubles.

Trying to help him, she stated that she had not referred him to a social worker at the school because she believed that the two would not get a long.

Seeking advice from the counselor, she worked independently with the student.

Twice the alleged victim claimed to have had sex inside the teacher's home, only for a former colleague and her children's daycare provider to both testify that she was with them.

Lamontagne was asked to explain the 100 text and 43 calls that the two shared in a six-month period. She was also made to explain why she gave the student a ride without permission from his parents.

She asserted that she never gave the alleged victim her number, adding that it was easy information to find since she was a coach at the school.

https://i.imgur.com/8a60HPz.jpg

And on February 26, 2017, she saw that the he 'had not showered' and had vomit on his shirt.

She was assisting him and asserted that they did not have sex in her car, the Bangor Daily News reports.

The man testified that at the time he was worried about his prospects of graduation and thought that the teacher no longer liked him.

'I felt like she started to not like me any more,' he said, during the trial.

The alleged victim claimed that he grew more suicidal as graduation grew closer, skipping the ceremony on June 9 of last year in an attempt to take his life.

He had been admitted to a hospital in Portland after ingesting medicines, cold medicines and blood thinner. While there, he had told his mother that he was in love with the teacher.

https://i.imgur.com/8t72ujm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ez23Hoc.jpg

Lamontagne's lawyer, Scott Gardner, asserted that the allegations were just a 'fantasy of a teen boy'

'This wasn't a suicide attempt,' Gardner had said during the trial. 'This kid was having a nervous breakdown. This was a psychiatric issue.'

Gardner stated that he believed the decision from the jury was appropriate.

'Jill has been completely exonerated,' said Gardner.

https://i.imgur.com/gAE2pl4.jpg

He added that the school should give the teacher her job back.

But school officials have stuck by their decision, stating that the teacher still did not comply with district standards.

'The district respects the judgment of the jury and we commend the administrators, teachers and students who performed an important civic duty by responding to subpoenas from both sides and coming to court to testify,' said RSU 21 schools superintendent Kathryn Hawes. 'We are glad that this long and difficult process is now over.

'Although Ms. Lamontagne was acquitted of the criminal charges, I think it is important to acknowledge that the evidence that was presented during the trial demonstrated a troubling failure by one of our teachers to comply with the standards we expect of all of our employees.

'For example, RSU 21 prohibits our employees from communicating with students by text and social media platforms, we require our teachers to refer students in crisis to professional counselors rather than attempting to intervene with these students on their own, and we would never condone the use of intimate language, of the type introduced during the trial, between our teachers and their students.'

RBP
07-31-2018, 02:23 PM
:shocker:

Gotta wonder what the text messages said.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-31-2018, 02:29 PM
Sounds to me like the kid was lying :dunno:

RBP
07-31-2018, 03:08 PM
My hesitation is that a kid with mental health problems would have a hard time keeping 14 completely fabricated stories straight and maintaining their veracity up to and through a trial.

But you could be right.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-31-2018, 03:23 PM
I only say that because it's very doubtful (IMHO) that a jury would find her not guilty on all counts if there was a shred of credible evidence to support the kid's story.

RBP
07-31-2018, 03:38 PM
Fair enough. But we also have seen countless juries be awfully lenient to female perps.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-31-2018, 03:48 PM
Being lenient is one thing but completely exonerating her is another thing entirely. That's why I lean towards the kid fabricating the story.