PDA

View Full Version : Mothers of the Year Candidates: Moms overdosed on heroin while their newborns were in the backseat, police say

Teh One Who Knocks
10-09-2017, 11:25 AM
FOX News

https://i.imgur.com/nQ4Ndi7.jpg

Two Florida women who became friends after meeting at a drug-treatment program were arrested after overdosing on heroin in an SUV with their 1-month-old and 2-month-old babies in the backseat, police said.

Kristen Leigh O’Connor, 27, of Coral Springs and June Ann Schweinhart, 28, of Lake Worth, were charged with child neglect after they were released from the hospital, police in Boynton Beach, Fla., said.

“This is an incredibly tragic situation and ultimately, the ones most affected by this are those innocent, beautiful babies,” Boynton Beach police said in a Facebook post announcing the arrests. “We hope this serves as a wake-up call for these moms, and that they seek further treatment for their addiction. We sincerely wish them all the best.”

Family members of the two women took custody of the newborns.

Police said O’Connor and Schweinhart went to a parking garage Thursday to snort heroin in the company of the two babies. They bought the heroin from a drug dealer for $60.

Schweinhart called 911 when O’Connor began to overdose but then she started convulsing, police said.

https://i.imgur.com/47s8JoO.png

“Fortunately, there was a Good Samaritan nearby who saw all of this happening and took the phone from her to speak with dispatchers,” Boynton Beach police spokeswoman Stephanie Slater said in the Facebook post.

Cops found the babies strapped in their car seats, the Palm Beach Post reported.

At the hospital, O’Connor told police she and Schweinhart knew each other from a drug treatment program and decided to “hang out” on Thursday, the paper reported.

O'Connor also told police she and Schweinhart became friends because their babies were due the same day, according to the paper. The infants were born four days apart.

O’Connor was released on $4,500 bond, the paper reported. Schweinhart was being held in lieu of $3,000 bail.

A judge told O’Connor she can only see her baby if her mother is present, according to the paper.

Schweinhart was told that if she makes bail she can have contact with her baby if another adult is present.

Goofy
10-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Idiots

deebakes
10-10-2017, 02:10 AM
:oops:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-10-2017, 04:46 PM
OD'ed from snorting a line, bet it turns out to be fentanyl

Muddy
10-10-2017, 05:40 PM
That's a bonding friendship right there..

Hal-9000
10-10-2017, 06:27 PM
OD'ed from snorting a line, bet it turns out to be fentanyl

We had 25 mg of that in the house along with tons of liquid morphine to help my Pops breathing...got a small story about when I had to return all of his meds to the pharmacy. Gist is I took a rather large swig/dose of each and I can understand why people get addicted to that shit. I probably took about three glugs too many of the liquid morphine, but hey it was a pretty shitty day.

Muddy
10-10-2017, 06:45 PM
I've never done that but I hear its a feeling like having warm water poured over your whole body..

Hal-9000
10-10-2017, 06:57 PM
I have a lot of daily pain in my jaw/teeth/gums/neck

After chugging the morphine I noticed about 15 minutes later I could breathe out normally and felt very relaxed. Almost too relaxed. 30 minutes later I felt uncomfortable driving and that's pretty unusual for a weed monkey like me :lol:

It is a very comforting feeling, yet I could see how the daily re-up could get to be a problem. The liquid stuff wore off relatively quickly and I immediately wanted to reproduce the feeling.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-10-2017, 06:58 PM
#intravenous

Muddy
10-10-2017, 08:11 PM
Snorting it lasts a good while.. :d