PDA

View Full Version : Texan Wins Controversial 'White Man' Scholarship

Teh One Who Knocks
07-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Fox News

http://i.imgur.com/kjvoL.jpg

A controversial non-profit organization announced it has awarded the second of five academic scholarships to a Texas man. Among the criteria: the recipient must be white and male. The group sponsoring it says it's the only scholarship of its kind in the United States, My Fox Dallas-Fort Worth reports.

The award was presented by a group called the Former Majority Association for Equality. Its president, Colby Bohannon, says he has been called a racist and compared to the KKK.

"We're not racists. We have no agenda for bigotry," said Bohannon. "We're not trying to take away anything from any other group. We're just trying to help poor, Caucasian males afford college."

Recipient Brendan Baird is studying to become a physician's assistant, and the awarded $500 check will help him to pay for schooling.

To win, he had to demonstrate a high GPA, community service, sports ability and financial need. But what really sealed the deal is the fact that he is a white man.

"If anyone wants to say it's an issue of color, it's the color of green," said Baird. "And we all need it."

The group's vice-president, Marcus Carter, is black. There are also two women and an Hispanic man on its board.

"Right now everybody else has their own specific scholarship: Minorities, left-handed people, people who like the color green," said Carter. "I don't feel the animosity of helping this group."

Critics say while some funding programs are geared toward specific genders or races, others are need-based. One of the state's largest, the Texas Grant Program, is geared toward low-income students.

Over the past decade, the program has spent about $2 billion to help 310,000 white men.

Bohannan, meanwhile, says he plans to expand his scholarship fund to $25,000 for another 5,000 recipients who may need the money.

Hal-9000
07-03-2011, 03:37 PM
whitey need skulin too! :)

(as demonstrated above)

DemonGeminiX
07-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Would you believe that, when I was in college, I couldn't find a single scholarship dedicated to students with spinal cord injuries? I looked everywhere too. Every scholarship dedicated to any disabled students whatsoever were all for blind students. I had to fight for scholarships and grants based on gpa alone. I got them, but it pissed me off that women, black students, students dedicated to a political party, and students with ridiculous majors, etc... all got free rides and coasted through college with a 2.25 when I had to fight to keep my 3.5 to keep my grants and scholarships and I had to suffer far more than any of those idiots.

Hal-9000
07-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Would you believe that, when I was in college, I couldn't find a single scholarship dedicated to students with spinal cord injuries? I looked everywhere too. Every scholarship dedicated to any disabled students whatsoever were all for blind students. I had to fight for scholarships and grants based on gpa alone. I got them, but it pissed me off that women, black students, students dedicated to a political party, and students with ridiculous majors, etc... all got free rides and coasted through college with a 2.25 when I had to fight to keep my 3.5 to keep my grants and scholarships and I had to suffer far more than any of those idiots.

That doesn't make sense...most disabilities directly affect money making potential and spinal cord stuff should be at the top of the heap.Maybe you should tilt that particular windmill and bring attention to it for others?

DemonGeminiX
07-03-2011, 03:59 PM
That doesn't make sense...most disabilities directly affect money making potential and spinal cord stuff should be at the top of the heap.Maybe you should tilt that particular windmill and bring attention to it for others?

Believe me, I tried. No one gave a shit back when I was in school. I was always told, "When you're rich, you can set up a trust fund of your own for a scholarship dedicated to whoever you want."

The pricks.

Deepsepia
07-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Would you believe that, when I was in college, I couldn't find a single scholarship dedicated to students with spinal cord injuries? I looked everywhere too. Every scholarship dedicated to any disabled students whatsoever were all for blind students.

There's a historical reason for that. Many scholarships were endowed long ago . . . and long ago folks with spinal cord injuries rarely survived them-- probably the most common cause of paraplegia in the early 20th century would have been polio; there were charities for "paralytics" but they were happily disbanded after the polio vaccine.

Blindness and deafness were two disabilities that folks were likely to survive, and they actually were considerably more common than they are today (lots of the diseases that cause blindness in children can now be prevented or cured-- its thought, for example, that Ray Charles went blind from untreated glaucoma).

Teh One Who Knocks
07-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I find it amusing that they are calling this 'controversial'...why can there be scholarships for blacks or Mexicans or Native Americans or any other race, but there can't be one for Caucasians? I am absolutely sick of this PC reverse discrimination BS.

FBD
07-04-2011, 03:13 PM
The pricks.

:thumbsup: when they dont give a shit, fuck you, they dont give a shit. :roll: aint it lovely!

DemonGeminiX
07-04-2011, 03:17 PM
That's just the way it is, though. It's shitty to be that way, but really, what can you do about it? You can't force people to care.

FBD
07-04-2011, 03:56 PM
nah, you do what you did, work your ass off and make the accomplishment. :thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-06-2011, 03:25 PM
White Pride!!!

Teh One Who Knocks
07-06-2011, 03:28 PM
White Pride!!!

http://i.imgur.com/e4jrU.jpg

Muddy
07-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Maybe when I pass I'll leave some loot to the fund and get a proper dollar amount raised... None of this 1/16th shit though.

Acid Trip
07-06-2011, 04:56 PM
I got a college scholarship for being Irish. That's pretty much a white only scholarship (a few black people in Ireland might disagree).

Scholarships were easy for me to get despite being a white male. A 4.0 GPA coupled with three varsity athletic teams and 500 hours of volunteer work goes a long way. My parents forced me to do volunteer work and I think that was what sealed the deal for most of them.

Muddy
07-06-2011, 05:47 PM
I once hat a Fiat with twelve turbos.

JoeyB
07-06-2011, 10:36 PM
I have no problem with this. Private organizations granting scholarships can use any standard for qualification they wish. You cannot, without some form of hypocrisy slipping in, question a whites only scholarship when you have the untied negro college fund doing fundraisers on TV.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste, white or black. It's ok to waste the minds of other colors (JOKE, chill the fuck out!).

Hal-9000
07-06-2011, 10:44 PM
untied negro fund?

I wonder what the stipulations are to get in on that scholarship :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-06-2011, 10:46 PM
untied negro fund?

You've never heard of it? :lol: Must strictly be an American based organization

http://www.uncf.org/

Hal-9000
07-06-2011, 10:53 PM
'untied'.....

Joe usually doesn't make textual errors....:rolleyes:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-06-2011, 10:58 PM
I didn't catch it :lol:

Hal-9000
07-06-2011, 11:06 PM
:lol:

now you know why I had to bite my tongue so hard? About 10 responses came to mind when I read that and none of them were very PC..

JoeyB
07-06-2011, 11:22 PM
'untied'.....

Joe usually doesn't make textual errors....:rolleyes:

I didn't catch it :lol:

They didn't catch them either, hence 'untied'.

I often transpose letters, sometimes I find the mistake, other times, well...

Hal-9000
07-06-2011, 11:28 PM
I leave out whole words and transpose letters in each sentence :thumbsup:

keeps the anal people on their toes..

Southern Belle
07-06-2011, 11:57 PM
I find it amusing that they are calling this 'controversial'...why can there be scholarships for blacks or Mexicans or Native Americans or any other race, but there can't be one for Caucasians? I am absolutely sick of this PC reverse discrimination BS.

Amen bro.

pepo
07-07-2011, 12:09 AM
untied negro fund?

no money for loose negros!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Muddy
07-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Did you all know that I was white?

Southern Belle
07-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Um yeah...

Hal-9000
07-07-2011, 01:25 AM

You was white?

Have you changed substantially now?

Teh One Who Knocks
07-07-2011, 01:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco

JoeyB
07-07-2011, 05:10 AM
I leave out whole words and transpose letters in each sentence :thumbsup:

keeps the anal people on their toes..

Generally, just having anal will keep people on their toes.

No, and?

Acid Trip
07-07-2011, 02:11 PM
The "white men can jump" scholarship goes to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpcgYOaZgmQ

PorkChopSandwiches
07-07-2011, 04:22 PM
I once hat a Fiat with twelve turbos.
Could you pull a double back-flip in it?

no money for loose negros!!!!!! :mrgreen:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JoYaiMEX77s/TVsgx7a56fI/AAAAAAAAB-g/B2d_2N4JSww/s1600/heres-your-sign.jpg