PDA

View Full Version : Dr Who/Torchwood

SmoothBob
07-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Howay!

Ahm a huge fan o both series and just saw new Torchwood series, Miracle Day, starts UK on July 14th, hurray! Captain Jack is coming back, fantastic!

The premise sounds great and is being backed by Starz so will have a bigger-than-BBC budget! Am glad Russell T has stuck with a series plotline, a-la Children, rather than monster of the week episodes.

Basically, ah cannae wait! :)

So, any Who/Torchwood fans out there?

minz
07-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Dr Who fan here, its about the only time I watch TV :lol:

SmoothBob
07-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Dr Who fan here, its about the only time I watch TV :lol:

Excellent! Lol

So u always been into it or since the Russell T reboot?

And dae yi like Torchwood?

Hal-9000
07-03-2011, 03:13 PM
I've watched all of Torchwood...that's the one with Cpt Jack isn't it? :lol:

SmoothBob
07-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Sure is Hal, so, did u enjoy the last series? The 5 part Children? Was captivating tv, cannae wait for the new one!

I love Capt Jack, greatest character Russell T has given us!

Hal-9000
07-03-2011, 03:20 PM
I watched and liked them all :thumbsup:

other than Captain Jack being a raging flamer :lol:

SmoothBob
07-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Ach he couldnae be anybody else, he likes both! He's had a kid, lived forever, yi know after a very very, (see many thousands) long time vanilla would prob start being boring..

Not long now, this week i recon??

Hal-9000
07-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Yep Bob, our paper says the new one comes on tonight (Saturday in Canada..which is Tuesday morning for you Scots..)

SmoothBob
07-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Anyone seen the 1st episode yet??

Hal-9000
07-13-2011, 08:39 PM
nosireeBob!

(been waiting years to say that)

SmoothBob
07-13-2011, 08:55 PM
nosireeBob!

(been waiting years to say that)

I've been waiting years to say 'he went thataway!'

One day, one day..

SmoothBob
07-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Just watched the 1st episode, really liked it, glad its back, pissed i gotta wait for more..

10 episodes! Cannae wait tae see where it goes! Like whats happenin tae Capt Jack (mainly because Russell T aint gonna screw around with Jacks 'Future')

Its a measure to John Barrowman's performance of Jack, fantastic character! :tup:

Tank
07-18-2011, 10:26 AM
Just watched the 1st episode, really liked it, glad its back, pissed i gotta wait for more..

agree with most of the above quote. love that its back, dislike waiting for the next episode, wasn’t really impressed with it. :-k

it just didn’t have the 'old' torchwood about it, kinda hard to explain or put my finger on what i felt was missing but was slower than the old ones used to be, tho this could just be due to them laying down the story for the coming shows.

Could also be down to it being mostly made in the US. They do it different over there so could just be down to that factor.

I’ll wait till its a few more episodes in before i decide if i love it or hate it.

Ohh yeah, loving the new season of Dr Who too. Think matt smith is doing an awesome job of it. i didn’t watch any of David Tenants last season as i cant stand Katherine Tate [-(

SmoothBob
07-18-2011, 11:54 AM
agree with most of the above quote. love that its back, dislike waiting for the next episode, wasn’t really impressed with it. :-k

it just didn’t have the 'old' torchwood about it, kinda hard to explain or put my finger on what i felt was missing but was slower than the old ones used to be, tho this could just be due to them laying down the story for the coming shows.

Could also be down to it being mostly made in the US. They do it different over there so could just be down to that factor.

I’ll wait till its a few more episodes in before i decide if i love it or hate it.

Ohh yeah, loving the new season of Dr Who too. Think matt smith is doing an awesome job of it. i didn’t watch any of David Tenants last season as i cant stand Katherine Tate [-(

Im with yi, it does have a differant feel to the BBC programme and yes it does feel very 'Americanised' but its not a bad thing I think, its looks and feels more like a movie. I love the programme and this format could get the programme more viewers, more viewers means more series which is what I want! :)

Still wish they hadnae killed Ianto..

As for the Dr Who, i hate Tate but by the end of the run she was startin tae be no bad, but then ruined any good work she had done with the last episode Dr Donna pish..

Tennant was amazing, too good not tae watch just cos o Tate..

Tank
07-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Tennant was amazing, too good not tae watch just cos o Tate..

might downrent the series then. but if its pish i'm coming for you :machinegun:

SmoothBob
07-18-2011, 03:41 PM
might downrent the series then. but if its pish i'm coming for you :machinegun:

Believe it or not but there were important plot devices in the series, it also showed a lot of Tennants talents and why the character was going where he was..

Now dont go all Mel Gibson on me when i say this, esp as i said i hated the Tate too, but..

And it is a big BUT..

One of my all time fav's from the 'new' Who run has been a Tate episodes..

Dont get me wrong, the 1st few were terrible, but the episode Turn Left was just amazing. And no u cannae just jump tae it (episode 11) cos its got plot from the earlier episodes, but by the end of it im hoping u'd agree! :) :tup:

SmoothBob
07-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Excert from—Russell T Davies,*"Turn Left" Green Shooting Script

There's an open army truck in the street, 2 soldiers standing by. All the Colasanto family in the back - Old Mamma, 2 women and 1 man in their 50s, 1 woman and 1 man in their 30s, 2 teenagers, 1 kid. All subdued. Wilf stands back, watching. Grim.
Donna: Oh, but why d'you have to go?
Mr Colasanto: Is the new law! England for the English, etcetera. They can't send us home, the oceans are closed, they build labour camps!
Donna: I know, but labour doing what? There aren't any jobs.
Mr Colasanto: Sewing, digging, is good! Now stop it before I kiss you too much - Wilfred! My capitano!
He gives Wilf a salute. Wilf salutes back. Both grave. Then Mr Colasanto heads for the truck. Donna goes to stand next to Wilf.

Donna: It's gonna be quiet without him. Still, we've got more room.
Wilf: Labour camps. That's what they called them last time.
Donna: ...what d'you mean?
Wilf: It's happening again.
Donna: What is?
She looks at the truck. Mr Colasanto is hugging his wife. And the pretence has fallen away. Both are crying.

Honestly mate, I find the 'Tate' offensive but this episode.. She can actually act!

SmoothBob
07-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Episode 2, Ooooooh conspiracies!!! :)

Tank
07-25-2011, 03:41 PM
watched it last night, its picking up pace and looks like its going to be a good series! :tup:

SmoothBob
07-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Yeah just saw episode 3, is coming along VERY nicely! :tup:

SmoothBob
07-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Trailer for 2nd half of Dr Who series, looks fantastico! :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00jb05r

SmoothBob
08-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Episode 4, where is this going?????

Is awesome! :D

SmoothBob
08-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Doctor Who Is Back!!! :excited:

SmoothBob
09-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Last episode, god what a great twist! Awesome series. Wish the hell other people liked it so i can talk about it, im the only person i know been watchin it..

SmoothBob
09-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Dr Who, some episode, dealing with fears and what a surprising ending, whats he gonna do next?

And am i doomed to just ask questions in this thread :lol:

Tank
09-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Hey Bob, i've been watching too, still need to catchup on Torchwood but Dr Who has been ace!

disslike the chance of no Amy in the rest of the series :( i had th nod off the Mrs to perv on her too :(

SmoothBob
09-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Only 2 episodes of this series left. Be interestin to see where Moffat goes next..

Watch the Torchwood, really liked it and very interestin ending!

SmoothBob
09-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Oh and Bill Bailey has confirmed he's gonna be in the christmas special! :tup:

Tank
10-01-2011, 01:20 PM
watched the end of Torchwood now Bob, have to say it was fairly predictable, still good, but could have been so much better. interesting to see how/where they take it from here too

Dr Who ends tonight and i'm going to be sad to see it go, liked the last episode (the one with James Corden) but it wasnt the best of the series, the Dr was ace with his comedic parts, but Corden wasnt a great addition to the story imho. but that could be because im crushing big time on Amy Pond :wub: and no one can replace her right now :tup:

SmoothBob
10-02-2011, 09:21 AM
No more till christmas... wahhhhhhhhhhhh

Great last episode, laughed like a geek at the very end, the question that must never be answered, is Moffatt playing us all? The question hidden in plain sight? The man is very clever, i think all the fans just got punked! :lmao:

He had a clever way of 'saving' him, never thought of that. Overall was very happy with it.

Amy was gorgeous, hope she's gonna be a regular in the next series, be dissapointing if she's not..

Tank
10-02-2011, 01:29 PM
agreed mate, Amy is by far the best looking assitant hes had in a while . . . . taht said after Billy there wasnt much of a high standard of lasses!

have been racking my brain for ages on the question!

gotta say kind had a feeling he would use the tessalector robot thingamy in his favour, as soon as the asked if they could do anything else to help.

not long till xmas now tho either!!!