PDA

View Full Version : Colorado pizza restaurant to remove bathroom signs after backlash

Teh One Who Knocks
10-20-2017, 10:38 AM
by Chuck Hickey - FOX 31 Denver

DURANGO, Colo. — The owners of a southwest Colorado pizza restaurant said they will take down bathroom signs that shows a man lifting a woman’s skirt, the Durango Herald reports.

HomeSlice Pizza owners Cory and Lynn Kitch said the signs are not offensive and do not promote sexual assault as critics claim.

The Kitches said they are taking down the signs to prevent their employees from receiving any more backlash.
Two signs have been at one of HomeSlice Pizza’s locations in Durango since it opened four years ago. But after they went viral on social media, the restaurant owners and employees came under fire.

Several comments were left on HomeSlice’s Facebook page seeking confirmation the signs were real and to pressure the owners to take them down.

Lynn Kitch said told the newspaper in an email that the business and its employees have been harassed and cyberbullied after the photo gained more attention.

“I understand that some people have deep rooted emotional issues stemming from sexual impropriety, and for that I have compassion,” Lynn Kitch wrote in an email to the newspaper.

“I would invite them to deal with their pain in a more productive manner than projecting their anger on a bathroom sign, or a pizza restaurant, or certainly a restaurant employee.”

The Kitches said they will auction off at least one of the bathroom signs and donate the proceeds to Durango-based Sexual Assault Service Organization.

RBP
10-20-2017, 11:51 AM
:roll:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-20-2017, 11:54 AM
I still assert that there are people out there that do nothing except go out of their way to find things to be offended by and then bitch and moan about them.

Goofy
10-20-2017, 12:19 PM
Great sign :lol:

Muddy
10-20-2017, 12:45 PM
You know.. I'm really starting to notice the crap women have to put up with from men.. This Harvey Weinstein case has really shined a lot light on the shit females have to go through. If I was a chick the sign would irritate me as well. As a male, yeah I chuckled.

RBP
10-20-2017, 04:21 PM
You know.. I'm really starting to notice the crap women have to put up with from men.. This Harvey Weinstein case has really shined a lot light on the shit females have to go through. If I was a chick the sign would irritate me as well. As a male, yeah I chuckled.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Muddy
10-20-2017, 04:22 PM
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Sucks to be you.

RBP
10-20-2017, 04:23 PM
Sucks to be you.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Muddy
10-20-2017, 05:28 PM
:lol:

deebakes
10-21-2017, 12:07 AM

says the man most well known for demanding the tube :hand:

Hal-9000
10-21-2017, 06:06 PM
I don't think the sign is appropriate at all.

This is 2017, he should have a little mirror on his shoe.

Godfather
10-21-2017, 10:57 PM
I don't think the sign is appropriate at all.

This is 2017, he should have a little mirror on his shoe.

What was that tacky gift store that used to be in all the malls called? Someone's (can't remember the name) Gifts maybe? They had crude t-shirts, cards, practical joke nit-nacks.

I vividly remember going into one as a kid and seeing a cane with a mirror on the bottom and asking my mom "what's that for" ... we left the store :lol:

deebakes
10-21-2017, 11:55 PM
spencer's

http://www.spencersonline.com/