PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Spacey on sex harassment allegation from actor: I don't remember

Teh One Who Knocks
10-30-2017, 11:02 AM
FOX 411

https://i.imgur.com/N0L2xcE.jpg

"House of Cards" star Kevin Spacey early Monday responded to sexual harassment allegations dating back to 1986 from "Rent" actor Anthony Rapp, saying he does not remember the alleged encounter.

Rapp said in a report Sunday night that he was 14 years old when actor Kevin Spacey made a sexual advance toward him.

Rapp told Buzzfeed News that in 1986, Spacey, a fellow Broadway actor at the time, invited Rapp to his apartment for a party. Later in the evening, Spacey, then 26, allegedly “picked Rapp up, placed him on his bed, and climbed on top of him, making a sexual advance,” according to the report.

Spacey, early Monday, tweeted that he does not remember the alleged encounter, saying it would have been over 30 years ago.
“But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior, and I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years.

Spacey said he has had relationships with both men and women throughout his life and chooses “now to live as a gay man.”

Rapp recalled he pushed Spacey off of him, went to a bathroom and closed the door, thinking: “What is happening?” He told Spacey he had to go home, to which he allegedly asked if he was “sure” he wanted to do that.

Rapp, who came forward less than a month after accusations against mega-producer Harvey Weinstein led to his Hollywood downfall, said he decided to speak out “not to simply air a grievance … but to try to shine another light on the decades of behavior that have been allowed to continue because many people, including myself, being silent.”

DemonGeminiX
10-30-2017, 11:07 AM
And he is getting slammed on social media for this "apology". #CareerIsOver

PorkChopSandwiches
10-30-2017, 04:27 PM
So ultimately he committed no crime.

Muddy
10-30-2017, 04:34 PM
So ultimately he committed no crime.

Facebook court has spoken. Get to the back of the forum, Honky. :hand:

Hal-9000
10-30-2017, 07:13 PM
That is one of the strangest denials I've ever seen. Is Spacey gay and has he had a history of this?

It translated to me: That could of happened but it was so long ago/I used to get so drunk, that I can't recall it.

wild

PorkChopSandwiches
10-30-2017, 07:15 PM
He said something about sleeping with men and women throughout his life

Hal-9000
10-30-2017, 07:17 PM
:hand: You're either eatin pussy or it's balls on the chin!

Teh One Who Knocks
10-30-2017, 07:33 PM
FOX 411

https://i.imgur.com/3z4i58h.jpg

In the wake of the sexual harassment allegation against actor Kevin Spacey, Netflix has announced “House of Cards” will be ending after the show’s sixth season, according to multiple media reports.

The news comes after many fans called on Netflix to pull the plug on its original series following a report from Buzzfeed News in which actor Anthony Rapp alleged Spacey, then 26, made a sexual advance on him when he was 14 years old.

Soon after, Spacey released a statement admitting he didn’t remember the incident in question. In the statement, the 58-year-old star came out as a gay man.

Netflix made a big leap of faith in 2013 by making the scripted drama one of its first forays into the world of original programming. Today, Netflix is known for hit shows such as “Stranger Things,” “Narcos,” “13 Reasons Why,” “Orange is the New Black,” “Fuller House” and many more.

According to Entertainment Weekly, “House of Cards” recently began filming its sixth season.

Rapp said that in 1986, Spacey, a fellow Broadway actor at the time, invited Rapp to his apartment for a party. Later in the evening, Spacey, then 26, allegedly “picked Rapp up, placed him on his bed, and climbed on top of him, making a sexual advance,” according to the report.

Rapp recalled he pushed Spacey off of him, went to a bathroom and closed the door, thinking: “What is happening?” He told Spacey he had to go home, to which he allegedly asked if he was “sure” he wanted to do that.

Rapp, who came forward less than a month after accusations against mega-producer Harvey Weinstein led to his Hollywood downfall, said he decided to speak out “not to simply air a grievance … but to try to shine another light on the decades of behavior that have been allowed to continue because many people, including myself, being silent.”

Spacey, early Monday, tweeted that he does not remember the alleged encounter, saying it would have been over 30 years ago.

“But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior," Spacey wrote. "And I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years."

Teh One Who Knocks
10-30-2017, 07:34 PM
I like House of Cards :(

Hal-9000
10-30-2017, 07:37 PM
it's that fuckwit from Star Trek Discovery!

instant dislike when I saw him on the show

Muddy
10-30-2017, 07:56 PM
Welp, that was fast! :lol:

Hikari Kisugi
10-30-2017, 08:19 PM
That is one of the strangest denials I've ever seen. Is Spacey gay and has he had a history of this?

It translated to me: That could of happened but it was so long ago/I used to get so drunk, that I can't recall it.

wild

Yup, I read it as 'I was at all kinds of mad shit, I can't possibly remember any or most of it' 'Sorry if it did happen, but i don't recall it, whoops!'

Godfather
10-31-2017, 05:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RtjdbHG96k

Family Guy has hit a few of these nails on the head recently :lol:

lost in melb.
10-31-2017, 01:56 PM
:-s

Did he poop out his brains or something?

The accusation of a one-off molestation of a kid over 3 decades ago and he apologises...without even remembering events of the night

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2017, 02:46 PM
By the TMZ Staff

https://i.imgur.com/xm1Hz5Z.jpg

Rosie O'Donnell is calling out Kevin Spacey for allegedly having a rep as a predator in Hollywood, akin to Harvey Weinstein ... saying everyone in Hollywood knew.

Rosie took to Twitter Monday to directly slam Spacey for not remembering an alleged attempt at molesting then-14-year-old Anthony Rapp ... and she didn't mince words.
She tweeted ... "f*** u kevin - like Harvey we all new about u - I hope more men come forward @KevinSpacey." Rosie added ... "no one knew details - like harvey - but u knew both were creepy men with reps that said so."
As we reported ... Spacey came out as gay in his statement addressing Rapp's allegations. Other celebs have blasted him for choosing such a moment to embrace his sexuality.

Kevin hasn't responded to the latest criticism.

Muddy
10-31-2017, 03:04 PM
Go away Rosie.. You fat mucinex turd monster.

Hal-9000
10-31-2017, 06:15 PM
Yup, I read it as 'I was at all kinds of mad shit, I can't possibly remember any or most of it' 'Sorry if it did happen, but i don't recall it, whoops!'

:-s

Did he poop out his brains or something?

The accusation of a one-off molestation of a kid over 3 decades ago and he apologises...without even remembering events of the night

That's how I saw it too. A vague accusation from 30 years ago that may not ever be able to be proved, and he says - Ummm maybe or probably it could have happened, I was hammered. Sorry.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2017, 06:27 PM
Now Netflix is reporting that they've completely suspended production of season 6 of House of Cards pending further review.

Hal-9000
10-31-2017, 06:31 PM
How to end your career by hedging on one social media post...wow

deebakes
11-01-2017, 12:31 AM
:doh: