PDA

View Full Version : "C'mon man" and "fuck you" thread

RBP
11-03-2017, 05:21 AM
Something piss you off? Need to sound off on an asshole? Here's the place.

Only rule: Every post must end with "c'mon man" or "fuck you".

Cross post from another thread: I pay $136 a year in fees (taxes/confiscation) for the privilege to drive my car. And if I refuse it's a criminal offense. Fuck you.

Also... I cook 6 nights a week, do the dishes, and do laundry too. She orders Door Dash one night and is the greatest thing ever. C'mon, man!

lost in melb.
11-03-2017, 05:43 AM
Something piss you off? Need to sound off on an asshole? Here's the place.

Cross post from another thread: I pay $136 a year in fees (taxes/confiscation) for the privilege to drive my car. And if I refuse it's a criminal offense. Fuck you.

you think that's rough? I pay $800 a year to drive my white tank. I was a day late to renew and copped an extra $800 fine. Fuck you.

Hal-9000
11-03-2017, 07:15 PM
I don't understand this thread c'mon man, fuck you :lol:

* I've been using the fuck you punctuation in quite a few threads recently, my new exclamation point

DemonGeminiX
11-03-2017, 11:47 PM
A judge let that fucking prick Bergdahl walk without jail time. Several of the soldiers that went looking for him came home with permanent disabilities for the trouble he caused. That's a life sentence for them and he gets no jail time for being a traitor at all? C'mon man!

lost in melb.
11-04-2017, 12:57 AM
I don't understand this thread c'mon man, fuck you :lol:

* I've been using the fuck you punctuation in quite a few threads recently, my new exclamation point

Sounds like this thread should be your new home! C'mon man

Godfather
11-04-2017, 02:02 AM
Our entire network at work was down for 6-hours today. No intranet, no email, no phones because they went VOIP... we were dead in the water. Qe sat at our desks twiddling our thumbs basically all day. Now I'll have to come into work on Monday with a ton of leftover shit from the week... COME ON MAN

RBP
11-04-2017, 05:17 AM
Good job, guys!

Godfather
11-04-2017, 06:42 AM
Good job, guys!

We're doing it! We're following directions! Fuck you!

:nana:

KevinD
11-04-2017, 06:58 AM
$4,000,000 a year, and not only can't you catch a ball that hits you in the chest, but apparently you have knee problems during the national anthem? ?? C'mon Man!!!!

Hal-9000
11-04-2017, 05:21 PM
This is my backyard within 24 hours. I've shoveled every five hours and it won't stop. The roads are the same.

C'mon man, fuck you! :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/AMeipN0.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2017, 11:24 AM
Good job, guys!

:-k

:facepalm: C'mon man

RBP
11-06-2017, 01:59 PM
You're right. Fuck you. :fu:

Muddy
11-06-2017, 02:16 PM
Haaa.. Ya'll are nuts...

Fuck you!

Godfather
11-10-2017, 02:47 AM
What a day...

Sat down at my desk after lunch and immediately got a call from this broker who's new to the industry. Guy was a 10/10 angry when I picked up the phone, ranting about a risk we declined. His reason for being angry was that we ended up writing the risk for another broker who, as it turns out, gave different info, to our other branch, under a different name (so we had no clue it was the same risk)... I told him I agreed it didn't sound right but that I'd have to look into it and get back to him... but the guy was just seething. I couldn't get a word in, and he just kept threatening never to send us business ever again and repeating how angry he was, and saying he didn't care how it happened?

Finally after all the threats I just said "I'm very sorry, I'm going to have to get back to you on this, and I'll be sure to pass along your threats to management" :lol: I shouldn't have said that but his response almost caused me to laugh in his face "I'M NOT THREATENING I'M JUST SAYING I WON'T SEND YOU BUSINESS UNTIL I GET AN EXPLANATION" :lol: "Yes, ok." And at that he slammed his phone up on me.

Fuck you...

RBP
11-10-2017, 04:44 AM
You paid $1.99 for your Uber Pool ride, then reported me for "safety" because I refused to drop you in an illegal drop off zone? You were around the corner. On the same side of the street. C'mon, man.

DemonGeminiX
11-14-2017, 10:28 AM
Judge Roy Moore: Democrat shenanigans. C'mon, man.

Here's reasonable doubt for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqiGBFvBtlQ&ab_channel=StefanMolyneux

Fuck you, mainstream media.

lost in melb.
11-22-2017, 02:15 AM
11 psychology reports to write in 3 days. C'mon man!

DemonGeminiX
12-12-2017, 06:37 AM
Brady, it was the fuckin' Dolphins... and Jay fuckin' douchenozzle Cutler.... C'MON MAN!!!

PorkChopSandwiches
12-12-2017, 04:49 PM
When I saw they lost to the Dolphins my first question was "Did Brady play?" Then I saw he threw 2 interceptions and 1 TD.....c'mon man

Hal-9000
12-12-2017, 06:22 PM
I go for groceries, they have Life cereal on for half price...none on the shelf. I go to customer service for a raincheck. Numpty there can't understand English and asks me to find it in the weekly flyer. It's not listed in the flyer. Shelf is marked with the special price, website has put it under their 'weekly deals' column and I tell this person the same thing. I ask him if he wants me to take a picture of the fucking price tag on the shelf :lol:

c'mon man plus a hearty fuck you

You mean to tell me you can't find the current price of an item in a store you work at?

Noilly Pratt
12-12-2017, 06:45 PM
Drivers, man...I was at a traffic light. I am going straight, buddy with a wheelchair parking thing on his mirror is turning left. The light goes green and buddy guns it in front of me to go left.

I stop hard -- So what...but I see the dude behind me eager to turn right guns it as well now that I'm halfway into the intersection. So I lay on my horn HARD. Thankfully the dude behind me is paying attention and slows.

Could have been a bad smash with me or the dude behind me just because Mr. Impatient Dude cuts in front of me. man, C'mon!!!

And the temp was at freezing and I just passed a guy halfway in the ditch. He was OK and had a couple of guys helping him out.

Hal-9000
12-12-2017, 07:38 PM
Drivers, man...I was at a traffic light. I am going straight, buddy with a wheelchair parking thing on his mirror is turning left. The light goes green and buddy guns it in front of me to go left.

I stop hard -- So what...but I see the dude behind me eager to turn right guns it as well now that I'm halfway into the intersection. So I lay on my horn HARD. Thankfully the dude behind me is paying attention and slows.

Could have been a bad smash with me or the dude behind me just because Mr. Impatient Dude cuts in front of me. man, C'mon!!!

And the temp was at freezing and I just passed a guy halfway in the ditch. He was OK and had a couple of guys helping him out.

I had a dude cut over two lanes...in the middle of an intersection, to get into the designated left turn lane in front of me. (two lanes straight though with red lights, one left turn lane with green light)

I was more puzzled than anything because I was first guy in line waiting for the left turn light :lol:

Hal-9000
12-13-2017, 05:28 PM
hal -1
customer service guy - 0

fuck you :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/pNLqVx1.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
12-13-2017, 05:34 PM
:facepalm:

Hal-9000
12-13-2017, 05:45 PM
That's normally over 24 bucks of cereal and I got it for 11.52.

That dude tried to deny me my discount yesterday so I made sure to walk past his customer service desk today, give a big smile, open my bag and say - Hi! Remember meeeeeee???

he looked away in disdain :lol:

RBP
12-13-2017, 09:19 PM
That's normally over 24 bucks of cereal and I got it for 11.52.

That dude tried to deny me my discount yesterday so I made sure to walk past his customer service desk today, give a big smile, open my bag and say - Hi! Remember meeeeeee???

he looked away in disdain :lol:That's life. :lol:

You could come up with a plethora of life puns to throw shade at him. :lol:

"You can either view life as half empty or half price, my friend"

Okay, I'll stop.

Pony
12-13-2017, 10:22 PM
When you were told "get a life" that's not what they meant. C'mon man!

RBP
12-14-2017, 04:41 AM
Driving home tonight, I may have had bit of road rage. Mind you, I am spending about 9 hours in my car a day and see a lot of shit driving. One thing that drives me insane is pricks who flash their brights at someone who is driving properly as a "get out of my way" signal.

I am in the slow lane, far right, doing about 63 in a 55 and (hands-free) talking to my fiance about dinner. In the middle lane is an SUV doing about 60. car rolls up behind the SUV and starts flashing the brights... c'mon, man.

The SUV doesn't move, so the driver come behind me. "Don't even think about it" was in my head. But alas. Flash, flash, flash go the brights. Oh, fuck you. It's on.

"Honey, you'll have to hold on a second" :lol:

Two more hits of the brights and I'm done. I brake really hard making the car swerve into the other lane. It's a broad passing me, giving me a wtf look as I flip her off. She gets passed me and I cut over behind her, floor it towards her bumper and start flashing the brights on and off as fast as I can. Fuck you.

She exits quickly, hopefully freaked out. But probably not.... because she's a fucking asshole.

Hal-9000
12-14-2017, 05:17 PM
Driving home tonight, I may have had bit of road rage. Mind you, I am spending about 9 hours in my car a day and see a lot of shit driving. One thing that drives me insane is pricks who flash their brights at someone who is driving properly as a "get out of my way" signal.

I am in the slow lane, far right, doing about 63 in a 55 and (hands-free) talking to my fiance about dinner. In the middle lane is an SUV doing about 60. car rolls up behind the SUV and starts flashing the brights... c'mon, man.

The SUV doesn't move, so the driver come behind me. "Don't even think about it" was in my head. But alas. Flash, flash, flash go the brights. Oh, fuck you. It's on.

"Honey, you'll have to hold on a second" :lol:

Two more hits of the brights and I'm done. I brake really hard making the car swerve into the other lane. It's a broad passing me, giving me a wtf look as I flip her off. She gets passed me and I cut over behind her, floor it towards her bumper and start flashing the brights on and off as fast as I can. Fuck you.

She exits quickly, hopefully freaked out. But probably not.... because she's a fucking asshole.

I don't see that much up here and thank fuck. If someone high beamed me from behind and I'm doing the speed limit or better, you know I'm going to slow down considerably.

Hal-9000
12-14-2017, 05:19 PM
That's life. :lol:

You could come up with a plethora of life puns to throw shade at him. :lol:

"You can either view life as half empty or half price, my friend"

Okay, I'll stop.

How do I word this politely. It's likely that even the most obvious broad pun would be lost on this guy. I did flash him the cereal though and he almost snapped his neck to look the other way.

Mission accomplished :lol:

Hal-9000
12-14-2017, 05:19 PM
When you were told "get a life" that's not what they meant. C'mon man!

Boo and hiss. I throw rotten produce in response.

RBP
12-20-2017, 02:24 PM
Don't order a shit load from Amazon and then cover your house number with a wreath. c'mon, man.

Godfather
12-30-2017, 06:48 PM
We were supposed to go to my mother-in-law's for a late Christmas dinner tonight. Wife is working during the day all weekend, so MIL calls me at 830am (mind you I went to bed at 330 am) and says it's snowing like piss out in Chilliwack where she lives, and wants to move the party of 9 to our house and bring the food. Great, I'll tidy up. Then she calls back and goes 'I was just going to make good homemade pizza from scratch... you make good dough, would you mind making the dough... and the sauce'.

:lol: Ok, late notice but being a good son I say of course, no problem. So I hit the grocery store, buy all the shit, appetizers, go to the liquor store. I get home and she calls back "Oh forget it, I'm going to bring something easier, it's too much work to bring all the stuff and cook in your kitchen, just relax"

C'mon man :lol: [So I poured myself a Bailey's and coffee cus I've had a tough morning and it's the Holidays]

deebakes
12-30-2017, 06:54 PM
just make it anyway... then you can say fuck you :lol:

Hal-9000
12-31-2017, 06:03 PM
We were supposed to go to my mother-in-law's for a late Christmas dinner tonight. Wife is working during the day all weekend, so MIL calls me at 830am (mind you I went to bed at 330 am) and says it's snowing like piss out in Chilliwack where she lives, and wants to move the party of 9 to our house and bring the food. Great, I'll tidy up. Then she calls back and goes 'I was just going to make good homemade pizza from scratch... you make good dough, would you mind making the dough... and the sauce'.

:lol: Ok, late notice but being a good son I say of course, no problem. So I hit the grocery store, buy all the shit, appetizers, go to the liquor store. I get home and she calls back "Oh forget it, I'm going to bring something easier, it's too much work to bring all the stuff and cook in your kitchen, just relax"

C'mon man :lol: [So I poured myself a Bailey's and coffee cus I've had a tough morning and it's the Holidays]

We got another foot of snow and it's still -30 out there. I went over to Superstore around 7 this morning and the roads look worse than my front lawn.

C'mon (city worker) man! and Fu-Que! :lol:

Godfather
12-31-2017, 07:02 PM
C'mon man, you're not one of those guys who constantly tries to up people, I know you better than that, fuuuu-chewww :P :lol:

God damn though, -30. I heard the Calgary Zoo had to bring the PENGUINS indoors because it's too cold even for them :rofl: C'mon man

Hal-9000
12-31-2017, 07:29 PM
Imma making a thread :lol:

-37 with the wind chill the other night GF. I think Minnesota and other parts of the States are going through this too.

No one upping, I feel your pain man. When you can't (or won't) drive a kilometer to the store because of winter conditions...shit be bad :lol:

Godfather
01-20-2018, 07:01 AM
Re-posting this gripe

UPS can suck my dick. I ordered a package and they're the only option for shipping....fine. But they say: you can only order it to your credit card address.... what? Why can't I order it to my office where I live 50+ hours a week?

So they try and deliver it to my house during business hours 3 days in a row... I'm not there bruh. I finally call and ask them to leave it at the depot. Well.. the depot is in Richmond, over town, and only open 9-6pm on weekdays? What the fuck is that? Icing on the cake is they tell me if I don't pick it up in 5 days they'll return-to-sender. Had to get my beautiful wife to drive out there post-call after working 28 hours straight, and bring along ID and mail in joint name because the package was for me :lol:

Fuuuuuuuuuck aaaaayouuuuu

Hal-9000
01-20-2018, 06:13 PM
Re-posting this gripe

UPS can suck my dick. I ordered a package and they're the only option for shipping....fine. But they say: you can only order it to your credit card address.... what? Why can't I order it to my office where I live 50+ hours a week?

So they try and deliver it to my house during business hours 3 days in a row... I'm not there bruh. I finally call and ask them to leave it at the depot. Well.. the depot is in Richmond, over town, and only open 9-6pm on weekdays? What the fuck is that? Icing on the cake is they tell me if I don't pick it up in 5 days they'll return-to-sender. Had to get my beautiful wife to drive out there post-call after working 28 hours straight, and bring along ID and mail in joint name because the package was for me :lol:

Fuuuuuuuuuck aaaaayouuuuu

We used to deal a lot of couriers and UPS allowed both a billing and delivery address. Most couriers do because once they get your CC number, they don't care where the package goes.(:lol: relatively)

I wonder if this was vendor driven, which still doesn't make sense because they don't dictate courier terms. The vendor can select levels of service offered such as air, ground, overnight etc, but they can't restrict destinations by saying the package has to go the card address. This is a business-losing practice as you're finding out GF :lol:

Godfather
01-20-2018, 08:27 PM
We used to deal a lot of couriers and UPS allowed both a billing and delivery address. Most couriers do because once they get your CC number, they don't care where the package goes.(:lol: relatively)

I wonder if this was vendor driven, which still doesn't make sense because they don't dictate courier terms. The vendor can select levels of service offered such as air, ground, overnight etc, but they can't restrict destinations by saying the package has to go the card address. This is a business-losing practice as you're finding out GF :lol:

I think it was probably vendor driven, I actually ordered through my bank as they had it on sale (go figure) through their merch site because it was 25% off :lol: I'll throw some hate towards RBC over this too :mad: Fuck you

Hal-9000
01-20-2018, 08:56 PM
I think it was probably vendor driven, I actually ordered through my bank as they had it on sale (go figure) through their merch site because it was 25% off :lol: I'll throw some hate towards RBC over this too :mad: Fuck you

Yeah I don't order much and each time I've been offered to change the designated shipping address if necessary.

Godfather
01-21-2018, 08:44 AM
Ok I'm drunk again

So I was hanging out with friends tonight, two of which happen to be a very liberal, lesbian couple (the women's march, cry about Trump, gender neutral types), one of whom I've known 10 years and went from straight, to hard-core lesbian and married to a chick within *6 months* (which, forgive me, was a bit weird to swallow because I've known her years and never got a whiff of gay from her). We totally embrace her and her newfound life and spouse, and they're good friends.... but sometimes they say and do shit where I can't help but think she's lost her mind (I have an example about gender/language I'll share if anyone cares).

On to part two:

So... we were playing this game where you have all these words on a board, and then two teams split up, and using hints, a leader from each team tries to get their teammates to guess which words on the board are theirs words using one-word hints (the first team to get their own team to guess their six words on the board going back and forth wins). Also, one word on the board is the 'kill' word where if either team guesses it mistakenly using their hint, they lose. Great game, can't remember the name for the life of me :lol:

Part 3:

ANYWAYS.... our team leader used the word "professional" for 2-points. The words doctors, soldier, and nurse were all on the board and seemed the closest. So I simply said "it's got to be doctor, maybe soldier or nurse".... To which my loud lesbian friend said "THAT'S SEXIST" - clearly for choosing doctor first.

.....excuse me? Where are you implying that I chose Doctor over Nurse for anything related to gender? These are just professions historically defined as 'professional' along with engineers, accountants and lawyers. I said "what?" And she scoffs and goes "Oh...pfft... nothing".

Lady... there's a female doctor standing beside me, and one of our close friends is a male nurse. If she wanted the answer to be doctor and nurse she'd just say 'medicine' or 'hospital.' Fuck off. I can't imagine how you could possibly call me the sexist for presuming the clue 'professional' was 'doctor' and without inferring anything to do with gender. How desperate must you be to call-out an injustice to make that leap?

I pussied out and let it slide because it was this girl's house ... my wife appreciated me letting it go :lol: But c'mon man, get a grip

RBP
01-21-2018, 10:06 AM
https://i.imgur.com/762jTur.gif

DemonGeminiX
01-21-2018, 02:13 PM
Every time I see that gif, I feel like hunting that bitch down and knocking her teeth down her throat. Does that make me a bad person?

deebakes
01-21-2018, 02:45 PM
yes? :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
01-21-2018, 02:50 PM
Awwww... c'mon, man.

:sad2:

deebakes
01-21-2018, 03:03 PM
to be fair though, there are very few people that i would be comfortable with you hunting down and knocking their teeth out :empathy:

RBP
01-21-2018, 04:25 PM
Every time I see that gif, I feel like hunting that bitch down and knocking her teeth down her throat. Does that make me a bad person?

yes? :shrug:

Awwww... c'mon, man.

to be fair though, there are very few people that i would be comfortable with you hunting down and knocking their teeth out :empathy:

C'mon man... he can feel, just not act!

I respect your feelings, DGX. It only makes you a bad person if you actually try to follow through on your anger. Feeling it and managing it is acceptable.

DemonGeminiX
01-21-2018, 04:33 PM
Y'all missed the joke. :facepalm:

deebakes
01-21-2018, 05:35 PM
:idk:

DemonGeminiX
01-21-2018, 07:37 PM
What's the title of the thread?

deebakes
01-21-2018, 08:40 PM
It's at the top of the page, c'mon man :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-22-2018, 11:28 AM
Ok I'm drunk again

So I was hanging out with friends tonight, two of which happen to be a very liberal, lesbian couple (the women's march, cry about Trump, gender neutral types), one of whom I've known 10 years and went from straight, to hard-core lesbian and married to a chick within *6 months* (which, forgive me, was a bit weird to swallow because I've known her years and never got a whiff of gay from her). We totally embrace her and her newfound life and spouse, and they're good friends.... but sometimes they say and do shit where I can't help but think she's lost her mind (I have an example about gender/language I'll share if anyone cares).

On to part two:

So... we were playing this game where you have all these words on a board, and then two teams split up, and using hints, a leader from each team tries to get their teammates to guess which words on the board are theirs words using one-word hints (the first team to get their own team to guess their six words on the board going back and forth wins). Also, one word on the board is the 'kill' word where if either team guesses it mistakenly using their hint, they lose. Great game, can't remember the name for the life of me :lol:

Part 3:

ANYWAYS.... our team leader used the word "professional" for 2-points. The words doctors, soldier, and nurse were all on the board and seemed the closest. So I simply said "it's got to be doctor, maybe soldier or nurse".... To which my loud lesbian friend said "THAT'S SEXIST" - clearly for choosing doctor first.

.....excuse me? Where are you implying that I chose Doctor over Nurse for anything related to gender? These are just professions historically defined as 'professional' along with engineers, accountants and lawyers. I said "what?" And she scoffs and goes "Oh...pfft... nothing".

Lady... there's a female doctor standing beside me, and one of our close friends is a male nurse. If she wanted the answer to be doctor and nurse she'd just say 'medicine' or 'hospital.' Fuck off. I can't imagine how you could possibly call me the sexist for presuming the clue 'professional' was 'doctor' and without inferring anything to do with gender. How desperate must you be to call-out an injustice to make that leap?

I pussied out and let it slide because it was this girl's house ... my wife appreciated me letting it go :lol: But c'mon man, get a grip

You're a better person (note I said person, I don't want to assume your gender and say that you're a better 'man') than I am, wife or not, I would have laid into that 'woman' :lol:

Hal-9000
01-29-2018, 08:30 PM
Home insurance bill arrived and it's 250 dollars more than last year. I just spent 30 minutes with the blondest CSR in the history of customer service.

She couldn't tell me why the policy had increased. She kept saying - 'There's no changes I can see from our end'. To which I responded each time - Well then how come I'm looking at two statements, one from last year and one from this year, and one of them is 248 dollars more?

I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, she refused saying - 'I can put you back in the queue, but one of my coworkers will just tell you the same thing'.

Then she suggested I call my local city tax line, and maybe they could help shed some light on the mystery...OF WHY HER COMPANY'S PREMIUM WENT UP??? :lol:

fuck you...c'mon man

Teh One Who Knocks
01-29-2018, 08:40 PM
Home insurance bill arrived and it's 250 dollars more than last year. I just spent 30 minutes with the blondest CSR in the history of customer service.

She couldn't tell me why the policy had increased. She kept saying - 'There's no changes I can see from our end'. To which I responded each time - Well then how come I'm looking at two statements, one from last year and one from this year, and one of them is 248 dollars more?

I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, she refused saying - 'I can put you back in the queue, but one of my coworkers will just tell you the same thing'.

Then she suggested I call my local city tax line, and maybe they could help shed some light on the mystery...OF WHY HER COMPANY'S PREMIUM WENT UP??? :lol:

fuck you...c'mon man

Don't you just wish you could reach thru the phone and strangle the shit out of those people? :lol:

Hal-9000
01-29-2018, 08:55 PM
I shit you not she had a Valley Girl accent...well you know, I'm really not sure, and other stuff and things like thaaaaat

At one point I was going to ask - Does your peroxide come directly out of the showerhead in the morning????

but I knew the awesome humor slam would be lost on her :lol:

Hal-9000
01-29-2018, 08:57 PM
I'm washing my bedsheets right now and THEY have a higher IQ than that waste of a human :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-29-2018, 09:01 PM
I shit you not she had a Valley Girl accent...well you know, I'm really not sure, and other stuff and things like thaaaaat

At one point I was going to ask - Does your peroxide come directly out of the showerhead in the morning????

but I knew the awesome humor slam would be lost on her :lol:

I could never be a CSR because dealing with the idiocy of the general public on a daily basis would make me want to blow my brains out. But then you get the times where it's reversed and you get the CSR that's a complete and utter moron...and you still want to blow your brains out :lol:

Hal-9000
01-29-2018, 09:07 PM
I could never be a CSR because dealing with the idiocy of the general public on a daily basis would make me want to blow my brains out. But then you get the times where it's reversed and you get the CSR that's a complete and utter moron...and you still want to blow your brains out :lol:

I try to never be aggressive or speak in threats because the calls are recorded. And also, I've had some great help from the same company as I had to switch a bunch of stuff for my Dad and I use them to insure my car.

But as soon as I sense someone is phoning it in (and KRISTA I'm looking right at you), I get peeved. I asked for her full name and she responds...Oh Why? :-s

For the implied threat I'm going to do something you medical marvel that can eat and speak without a brain :lol: I'm angry because you're coming up short here you bonehead!

My final statement was this: Krista, so what I'm hearing is that the policy went up 250 dollars, you can't find a reason behind the increase, and you won't let me talk to a supervisor. Have I got that correct?

Her: Well yeah..... if you want to look at it that waaaaay, sir :)

Me: Bye :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-29-2018, 09:09 PM
I try to never be aggressive or speak in threats because the calls are recorded. And also, I've had some great help from the same company as I had to switch a bunch of stuff of my Dad's stuff and I use them now to insure my car.

But as soon as I sense someone is phoning it in (and KRISTA I'm looking right at you), I get peeved. I asked for her full name and she responds...Oh Why? :-s

For the implied threat I'm going to do something you medical marvel that can eat and speak without a brain :lol: I'm angry because you're coming up short here you bonehead!

My final statement was this: Krista, so what I'm hearing is that the policy went up 250 dollars, you can't find a reason behind the increase, and you won't let me talk to a supervisor. Have I got that correct?

Her: Well yeah if you want to look at it that waaaaay sir :)

Me : Bye :lol:

You could call back and try your luck with a different CRS :lol:

Hal-9000
01-29-2018, 09:16 PM
You could call back and try your luck with a different CRS :lol:

I called my sister because it was an estate related thing and she said the same thing :lol:

Krista was close in her reasoning because all policies have increased in Calgary over the the past couple of years. Our home was assessed at 571k this year so that probably plays into it as well.

Still man...if I want to hear a bunch of sighing and durrrhhhh noises, I can watch the under 70 IQ Club vids on Youtube

Hal-9000
02-07-2018, 07:08 PM
I need a specific part for the toilet upstairs (by the way, DON'T ever buy an American Standard Champion 4 eco-flush toilet), because the tank is slowly draining water through the flapper and causing ghost flushes every hour or so. The replacement kit is a rubber gasket seal for the flapper and a little O-ring for the nut on top of the assembly. Amazon.ca has the correct American Standard valve seal kit and while there are knock offs, apparently the American Standard version will last longer and includes the O-ring.

The kit is only around six bucks and I notice it's an "Add-on item". Amazon won't ship the item on it's own because it's cost prohibitive for them, so they have a condition:

"Ships with any qualifying order over CDN$ 25"

So I add a couple more things I don't really need, bringing my order total to around 31 dollars. I go to the checkout and my total becomes 43 dollars, because they felt the need to add 12 dollars shipping!

:x I get really pissed off

They won't ship the thing I need by itself, regardless of any extra shipping charges. They incite me to add more stuff to bring my order total over a certain amount, and then they pile on shipping charges?? Fuck you and C'mon man!!!

So I send a nastygram outlining my displeasure using all sorts of polite phrases like 'strange business practice' and 'not sure if I'm going to continue shopping with Amazon in future.'

I won't regale you with the lame response I got, but let's just say it must have been Amir's first day :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2018, 07:13 PM
:facepalm:

Hal-9000
02-07-2018, 07:18 PM
I bought a phone protector from them in 2016. It was 2.89 and they charged me around 4 dollars for shipping. Completely fair I thought.

Now they feature "Add-on items" that can't be shipped on their own and use some really dodgy process where the item can be confirmed, but not actually shipped until it 'qualifies'?

And I put the thing in my cart, went to hit checkout and there is no *&^%#@!! checkout button for those items because of the weird, not clear conditions :x

I almost launched my keyboard across the room :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2018, 07:20 PM
I bought a phone protector from them in 2016. It was 2.89 and they charged me around 4 dollars for shipping. Completely fair I thought.

Now they feature "Add-on items" that can't be shipped on their own and use some really dodgy process where the item can be confirmed, but not actually shipped until it 'qualifies'?

And I put the thing in my cart, went to hit checkout and there is no *&^%#@!! checkout button for those items because of the weird, not clear conditions :x

I almost launched my keyboard across the room :lol:

I know, I've come across those stupid add-on items :|

Hal-9000
02-07-2018, 07:24 PM
Then their customer service rep sends me this note with some really confusing direction, really just circular talk that doesn't solve my problem at all.

"If it was Amazon, I would resubmit the order and hope the shipping charge doesn't show. If it was an independent vendor, maybe resubmit through main Amazon and view the outcome?"

Hope...and are you instructing me or asking a question YOU don't know?? :lol:

Hal-9000
02-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Ordered some toilet parts from Build.ca. Ordered Weds, they arrived today, colored me impressed for ground shipping within two days :tup:

Unfortunately, it's -31C currently, windchill putting the temperature down to -33C.

The courier didn't knock on the door or attempt to ring the doorbell (UPS once again...) and just left the package right on the step, not in the mailbox. (It's a 5x9 envelope).

Sent my nastygram to the supplier already and it's too bad the courier doesn't have anything resembling common sense.

C'mon man it's -31 outside and you leave something on the step, don't even try to alert the home owner and can't put it in the mailbox? FUCK YOU.

Hal-9000
02-09-2018, 05:24 PM
:lol:

Just got off the phone with a UPS rep. The driver in question even indicated on his trip summary that he didn't knock.

"package was left on doorstep as the neighborhood was deemed safe"

Oh boy did I have fun with that :lol: The UPS rep had no idea that for 27 years I was on the other side of the scenario, often tracking packages and handling client complaints.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-09-2018, 05:25 PM
UPS and FedEX never knock on our door when they deliver stuff.

Hal-9000
02-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Well now that particular driver will get a notice from UPS, and hopefully get one from the supplier as well.

From me to supplier - This is my first order through your company and it's shame the courier in question ruined the experience for your customer. The parts ordered are likely ruined.

It's such a shame because your turnaround time was so promising and I was looking forward to submitting more orders in the future. Now I'm not sure :(

Pony
02-09-2018, 05:37 PM
UPS and FedEX never knock on our door when they deliver stuff.

They usually knock or ring the bell and then walk away when they deliver my stuff. At least 75% of the time.

Hal-9000
02-09-2018, 05:45 PM
They usually knock or ring the bell and then walk away when they deliver my stuff. At least 75% of the time.

I had to catch a guy a couple of years ago. They were leaving door knockers (paper notices saying collect your package at the depot) without attempting contact first.

I literally peeked through the curtains watching as the guy didn't bring the package with him to the door and put the door knocker on.

As he jogged back to his truck I threw open the door and yelled, "CAN I HELP YOU?" Guy looked sad, went and got my package, walked back to me.

I thanked him and said - You didn't even try and knock or ring the bell. That's not good. See ya! :)

RBP
09-19-2018, 11:43 PM
I think this thread got lost, so I am starting another. Tell the stories that piss you off. Only rule is it has to end with "c'mon man!" or "fuck you" or both.

I avoid doctors because insurance has gotten stupid. The latest scam? "Facility charges". I had a previous problem with this. Went to an urgent care. Paid my $100 copay. Then I get billed several hundred in additional charges. What? It was a facilities charge that isn't covered by the copay. I threw several fits and got it removed. C'mon man.

Now it happened again with a different system. So I have an appointment to get my ears cleaned out. Office visit, right? I pay my $30 copay. All good? Nope. They bill the office visit, a surgical charge, and a mystery charge, totaling $697! $257.53 after network discounts. The "facilities charge" is $441, net $202.86. Insurance says they can only process as billed. Now I have to throw another fit.

That's on top of the $342 they billed (net $107.64) for a referral to Ophthalmology, for which I should have had a $60 copay only.

C'mon man. Fuck you.

Godfather
09-20-2018, 01:25 AM
C'mon man, starting a new thread rather than finding the old one a page or two back, fuck you :lol:

:razz:

Muddy
09-20-2018, 01:40 AM
:lol: C'mon man.!!!

Muddy
09-20-2018, 01:41 AM
Bump!

DemonGeminiX
09-20-2018, 02:24 AM
I guess I should do my moderator duty and merge the two threads.

DemonGeminiX
09-20-2018, 02:27 AM
I almost forgot my password. :lol:

That was mildly entertaining.

RBP
09-20-2018, 02:40 AM

RBP
09-20-2018, 02:41 AM
You guys are awesome.

Pony
09-20-2018, 09:41 AM
Now it happened again with a different system. So I have an appointment to get my wallet cleaned out. Office visit, right? I

FTFY

RBP
09-20-2018, 12:06 PM
Exactly!

Teh One Who Knocks
09-20-2018, 12:09 PM
Who's your health insurance through? I've never heard of anything like that at all :confused: Wife and I both have United Healthcare through our employers and we've never been charged anything like that when either using regular office visits or urgent care.

lost in melb.
09-20-2018, 12:16 PM
I'm sorry to be devils advocate, but this is the partial consequence of having an unregulated health system! They get away with it cause they can...

RBP
09-20-2018, 12:29 PM
Who's your health insurance through? I've never heard of anything like that at all :confused: Wife and I both have United Healthcare through our employers and we've never been charged anything like that when either using regular office visits or urgent care.

I have United healthcare as well. They say it's not their problem, they can only process as billed.

I'm sorry to be devils advocate, but this is the partial consequence of having an unregulated health system! They get away with it cause they can...

Yes, I realize they are gaming the system.

Goofy
09-20-2018, 12:33 PM
You guys are awesome.

I sure am :D

RBP
09-20-2018, 12:42 PM
I sure am :D

https://i.imgur.com/jHXqTEM.png?1

Goofy
09-20-2018, 01:32 PM
:woohoo:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-20-2018, 01:35 PM
I have United healthcare as well. They say it's not their problem, they can only process as billed.

Can you file a complaint with the state AG? it sounds like it's at best, shady billing practices, and at worst, illegal billing practices.

RBP
09-20-2018, 02:01 PM
Can you file a complaint with the state AG? it sounds like it's at best, shady billing practices, and at worst, illegal billing practices.

I requested a billing review. It has something to do with whether your doctor is at a hospital facility or a separate clinic. In the previous incident at a different hospital network, they had moved all facilities under the hospital billing unit for the sole purpose of extending Joint Commission accreditation to all satellite offices. Once they did that, the billing changed to include hospital facility charges. I called bullshit and they dropped the charges.

RBP
09-30-2018, 12:10 PM
I tried to sleep in today. The fucking old man above me woke me up three times between 6 and 7 stomping in and out of his bedroom. C'mon man!

RBP
10-04-2018, 02:47 AM
There's a grocery store I go to by one of the Amazon route locations that has awesome deli subs cheap. Piled with meat. I always go to the deli counter and get an extra mayo packet or two.

Today was the 3rd time I've had to repeatedly explain to a confused cashier that she can stop trying to scan the mayo packets.

:| C'mon, man!

DemonGeminiX
10-04-2018, 02:54 AM

Wow.

lost in melb.
10-08-2018, 09:38 PM
https://youtu.be/stIYj4l2gAE

DemonGeminiX
10-09-2018, 03:19 AM
I was just laying down and relaxing and I pulled a muscle in my back. How the fuck can you pull a muscle in your back from laying down and relaxing? Fuck you, man!

RBP
10-09-2018, 03:21 AM

Teh One Who Knocks
10-09-2018, 10:27 AM

:fail:

You didn't follow the simple thread guidelines, c'mon man! :facepalm:

lost in melb.
10-09-2018, 12:42 PM

:fail:

You didn't follow the simple thread guidelines, c'mon man! :facepalm:

Political hypocrisy. C'mon man!

Godfather
11-09-2018, 08:59 AM
My wife's cat has been truly miserable to live with this month while she's out of town for work... I pet him, I play with him, I feed him a little extra... and still every time I'm about to go to sleep it starts stirring shit up. Gets eyes as big as god damn saucers, starts ummaging through trash cans, sprinting around, knocking shit over, and yelling like a fucking banchee as loudly as possibly. I can't stop it. Even if I close the door to our bedroom that prick just has time on his hands to scratch and cry at the door. Short of taping him in a god damn box I'm just about at my wit's end. I'm tempted to lock him in the pantry where his food is, but god knows what kind of damage he'd do if I did...

When she's around he just sleeps on her feet all night, good as gold. C'mon man :lol: Fuuuuck youuuuuu.

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2018, 04:17 PM
Alright... fuck you, Taco Bell. I'm done.

Last night I went to the drive through and bought one of their taco party packs, there's like 10 tacos in there. Used to be $12 or $13. Apparently, they raised their prices. 18 fucking dollars?!?! Fucking $18!!!! Your shitty food isn't worth $18! I can spend far less by buying ingredients at Publix (they're the expensive grocery store in town, mind you. I can save even more by going to Walmart. I'm trying to make a point here) and make better tasting tacos at home. And that's exactly what I'm gonna do from now on. So yeah, fuck you, Taco Bell.

$18!!! For shitty tacos? C'mon, man!!!

RBP
12-24-2018, 02:08 PM
My wife's cat has been truly miserable to live with this month while she's out of town for work... I pet him, I play with him, I feed him a little extra... and still every time I'm about to go to sleep it starts stirring shit up. Gets eyes as big as god damn saucers, starts ummaging through trash cans, sprinting around, knocking shit over, and yelling like a fucking banchee as loudly as possibly. I can't stop it. Even if I close the door to our bedroom that prick just has time on his hands to scratch and cry at the door. Short of taping him in a god damn box I'm just about at my wit's end. I'm tempted to lock him in the pantry where his food is, but god knows what kind of damage he'd do if I did...

When she's around he just sleeps on her feet all night, good as gold. C'mon man :lol: Fuuuuck youuuuuu.

I have the same issue with our cat's separation anxiety. Isolating her is absolutely the wrong strategy, because it escalates her. If I have to close a door to make a call, for example, she loses her mind when I open it back up.

Check out Jackson Galaxy, host of "My Cat From Hell".

Hal-9000
12-25-2018, 05:53 PM
I was just laying down and relaxing and I pulled a muscle in my back. How the fuck can you pull a muscle in your back from laying down and relaxing? Fuck you, man!

I do a lot of running in Skyrim. One night I'm playing the damn game and pull a calf muscle...sitting in my chair.

C'mon man, fuck you :lol:

deebakes
12-26-2018, 10:48 PM
:wank:

Godfather
04-17-2019, 04:27 AM
It's nice to have friends who turn to you for support, and knowing you can do the same.

But when someone texts out of the blue and goes "hey got any good stock tips" :lol: I genuinely don't know how to respond...

How do you nicely say: I am not an expert or a professional, I do not know anything about your finances or your goals, and I do not want even a whiff of responsibility for them. I love talking about the markets which is probably why I occasionally get this kind of text, but in my experience nobody who's really open to learning about investing texts you out of the blue expecting you to have a 'sure thing stock' locked and loaded for them.

https://i.imgur.com/qGhiEIe.gif

C'mon man

DemonGeminiX
04-17-2019, 05:18 AM
Hey man, I've got $5000 and I want to be fucking filthy rich in a year. Got any advice? Any stock tips? C'mon, man, hook a brother up.

Pony
04-17-2019, 09:38 AM
It's nice to have friends who turn to you for support, and knowing you can do the same.

But when someone texts out of the blue and goes "hey got any good stock tips" :lol: I genuinely don't know how to respond...

How do you nicely say: I am not an expert or a professional, I do not know anything about your finances or your goals, and I do not want even a whiff of responsibility for them. I love talking about the markets which is probably why I occasionally get this kind of text, but in my experience nobody who's really open to learning about investing texts you out of the blue expecting you to have a 'sure thing stock' locked and loaded for them.

https://i.imgur.com/qGhiEIe.gif

C'mon man

Buy low, sell high.

RBP
06-18-2019, 03:28 AM
With the warmer weather, there should be a lot more eye candy out while I work my routes. This is bullshit. Where are all the smoke shows out training for the summer skank olympics?!? C'mon, man!

Godfather
06-18-2019, 05:00 AM
With the warmer weather, there should be a lot more eye candy out while I work my routes. This is bullshit. Where are all the smoke shows out training for the summer skank olympics?!? C'mon, man!

They're out in force here :lol: I often wonder where they go to live in the winter... all these smoke shows aren't just wearing parkas all winter, I'd have picked up on that. I think they must go live underground until it's crop top and boot short season (respectfully, ya know).

RBP
06-18-2019, 05:06 AM
They're out in force here :lol: I often wonder where they go to live in the winter... all these smoke shows aren't just wearing parkas all winter, I'd have picked up on that. I think they must go live underground until it's crop top and boot short season (respectfully, ya know).

Hal-9000
06-18-2019, 04:15 PM
My old commute took me across the city, from SW to NE. Most of the route was a road called Memorial Drive which runs beside the river paths for jogging and cycling.

I swear, some days the eye candy was so heavy I wished for an extra Gawking-lane to be created so I could drive slowly and admire the views :lol:

Godfather
06-26-2019, 06:36 AM
One of my favorite channels on youtube right now is 'World War Two.' They're releasing a video each week talking about the events of WWII that week exactly 79 years prior (so their most recent vid is June 22, 1940), and will go through until at least 1945 with lots of fill-in episodes in between with a ton of interesting info on the war, weapons, politics, home life, etc. They did this same format for 4 years of WWI as well in a series called The Great War. It's good production, solid story telling, well researched, and covers all fronts of the war quite well, and it's getting better as they grow (smaller channel still, 250,000 subscribers).

Aaaaaaand youtube just demonetized them.

Youtube: Fuck you

Godfather
06-27-2019, 02:54 AM
Ahhh I fucked up big.

I'll try and be brief but it's tricky so feel free not to read -it's for my own catharsis to type it out :lol: I'll take any sage wisdom I can get though

So my mother-in-law is dating a real asshole. Dude is a grumpy fart in his late 60's, smokes pot 20 hours a day (which I'm usually not judgemental about except that he still does it no matter the occasion, including in front of my Christian family), he has never had a steady job or a family but thinks he's the model for all manhood and success in life. He's the type of guy who says he drives better high, that you're an idiot for keeping your money in banks, that whatever job you work, car you drive or house you buy is dumb. He'll tell you a piece of history you've just read about is a conspiracy theory. He thinks he can talk to dolphins - for real. He bashes religion and the Church in front of my religious parents. He skipped our wedding to avoid dressing up. It goes on like this. Frankly he's the worst communicators I've met in my life. You can't tell him a story without it becoming his story, or being told you're wrong. My wife, her sister and I can't stand the dude, but try our very best for mom. I wish you could meet him before I tell this story but anyways....

So he and my MIL were over for dinner along with my side of family this week. It was supposed to be a smaller dinner to meet my brother's new girlfriend, but my MIL guilted my wife into an invite, so that's fine even though my family all can't stand the boyfriend. Boyfriend comes over in a miserable mood, sits away from everyone being a turd while we're laughing and having appetizers. At dinner he takes only one item I've cooked and I ask him in a friendly way if he's on a health kick because usually he's a big eater, and he snaps 'don't worry about it.' Ok, I guess that's how tonight's going. So we're all chatting about some random topic after dinner he thinks only he knows about, and he gets on a soap box. Three people in a row make a point and he snaps at each one sequentially telling them: "you don't know what you're talking about," "you're wrong," and finally he says to my wife's point "Oh that's bullshit." I'd had it and snapped before thinking about it. I growled at him "you are so rude, you've talked down to three people in a row, it's unbelievable, it's not even just what you're saying it's how you're saying it." I didn't curse, but I was mad, and when he tried to make an excuse I said "no, you've belittled everyone at this table."

Everyone basically dropped their forks because I usually bite my tongue when he speaks. And despite pretending to be the penultimate tough guy, former fisherman with thick skin, he took it like a bitch. He took his keys and left. Queue my wife going upstairs to cry because the whole ordeal with her mom inviting herself to dinner was already a strain that week - and now I've nuked family dinner.

My parents are polite, highly non-confrontational people so they said they understood my frustration but were clearly horrified at what I'd done, rightfully so. My brother loved it which didn't help the situation. I went out to the car before my in-laws left to chase after and apologize, and asked them to come back in for dessert. They said it's all good but we should go (the boyfriend was clearly upset so clearly it wasn't all water under the bridge).

I sent them a sincere apology, apologizing for my outburst and embarrassing them, and I sent a planter basket of flowers which they thanked us for. My MIL is a gem and said 'family isn't all roses, these things happen.' My wife went for a long walk with her mom who is over it, but still defended him as 'he's sensitive.' They've 'accepted my apology,' but this dude takes no accountability for his shit attitude, and expects an in-person apology at the next get together (and still hasn't shown any remorse for his foul demeanor that night).

The next family dinner is going to be incredibly awkward. I have to suck up my pride apologize again, knowing full well this guy sees himself 100% as the victim... all I really want to do is tell this fucker that I stand by what I said and more, but I can't do that to my wife.

Lesson learned big time. It did not feel good to call him out regardless of how bad he'd asked for it. I've been losing sleep over it the past couple days. I'd bit my tongue for the last 7 years of this dude hanging around my family, I'll have to keep doing that. But fuck you.

RBP
06-27-2019, 04:14 AM
Ah, fuck that guy. You spoke your mind in your own house. I think it might have been better of to suck up to the wife and the MIL than apologizing to the BF. If the "man" can't handle the blowback, he shouldn't be on the soapbox. I've gotten handed my ass during a rant, it's not pretty, but you take it like a man and move on. And it was probably better than ranting to your wife for a week out of frustration, plus you lanced the boil. I doubt he'll be emboldened by it; it more likely will tone him down.

Pony
06-27-2019, 05:30 AM
It sucks it came to that but I'm too damn old to tolerate shit in my own house. I've straight up told friends before not to bring their SO because I don't want to deal with the drama they have demonstrated in the past. If that means my friend doesn't come either, that's their choice. Have I lost friends over it? Sure. Most end up back in my life sooner or later once they realize how blind they were and dump the SO.

At least it's all out in the open now and the douche knows you have a limit. I wouldn't have apologized to him either.

Ah, fuck that guy. You spoke your mind in your own house. I think it might have been better of to suck up to the wife and the MIL than apologizing to the BF. If the "man" can't handle the blowback, he shouldn't be on the soapbox. I've gotten handed my ass during a rant, it's not pretty, but you take it like a man and move on. And it was probably better than ranting to your wife for a week out of frustration, plus you lanced the boil. I doubt he'll be emboldened by it; it more likely will tone him down.

:+1:

DemonGeminiX
06-27-2019, 07:11 AM
If that's all you said to that dude, GF, then you're way nicer of a guy then I'll ever be. :lol:

Pony
06-27-2019, 10:16 AM
Well the Russian and American girls in our employee housing at work won't stop fighting over stupid shit. (Thermostat, leaving food out and attracting ants). It's escalated to the point where I've been asked to get involved and put a stop to it even though it's not my job to manage them.

I have to go have a chat with them this morning, no one's gonna be happy.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-27-2019, 10:31 AM
Ahhh I fucked up big.

I'll try and be brief but it's tricky so feel free not to read -it's for my own catharsis to type it out :lol: I'll take any sage wisdom I can get though

So my mother-in-law is dating a real asshole. Dude is a grumpy fart in his late 60's, smokes pot 20 hours a day (which I'm usually not judgemental about except that he still does it no matter the occasion, including in front of my Christian family), he has never had a steady job or a family but thinks he's the model for all manhood and success in life. He's the type of guy who says he drives better high, that you're an idiot for keeping your money in banks, that whatever job you work, car you drive or house you buy is dumb. He'll tell you a piece of history you've just read about is a conspiracy theory. He thinks he can talk to dolphins - for real. He bashes religion and the Church in front of my religious parents. He skipped our wedding to avoid dressing up. It goes on like this. Frankly he's the worst communicators I've met in my life. You can't tell him a story without it becoming his story, or being told you're wrong. My wife, her sister and I can't stand the dude, but try our very best for mom. I wish you could meet him before I tell this story but anyways....

So he and my MIL were over for dinner along with my side of family this week. It was supposed to be a smaller dinner to meet my brother's new girlfriend, but my MIL guilted my wife into an invite, so that's fine even though my family all can't stand the boyfriend. Boyfriend comes over in a miserable mood, sits away from everyone being a turd while we're laughing and having appetizers. At dinner he takes only one item I've cooked and I ask him in a friendly way if he's on a health kick because usually he's a big eater, and he snaps 'don't worry about it.' Ok, I guess that's how tonight's going. So we're all chatting about some random topic after dinner he thinks only he knows about, and he gets on a soap box. Three people in a row make a point and he snaps at each one sequentially telling them: "you don't know what you're talking about," "you're wrong," and finally he says to my wife's point "Oh that's bullshit." I'd had it and snapped before thinking about it. I growled at him "you are so rude, you've talked down to three people in a row, it's unbelievable, it's not even just what you're saying it's how you're saying it." I didn't curse, but I was mad, and when he tried to make an excuse I said "no, you've belittled everyone at this table."

Everyone basically dropped their forks because I usually bite my tongue when he speaks. And despite pretending to be the penultimate tough guy, former fisherman with thick skin, he took it like a bitch. He took his keys and left. Queue my wife going upstairs to cry because the whole ordeal with her mom inviting herself to dinner was already a strain that week - and now I've nuked family dinner.

My parents are polite, highly non-confrontational people so they said they understood my frustration but were clearly horrified at what I'd done, rightfully so. My brother loved it which didn't help the situation. I went out to the car before my in-laws left to chase after and apologize, and asked them to come back in for dessert. They said it's all good but we should go (the boyfriend was clearly upset so clearly it wasn't all water under the bridge).

I sent them a sincere apology, apologizing for my outburst and embarrassing them, and I sent a planter basket of flowers which they thanked us for. My MIL is a gem and said 'family isn't all roses, these things happen.' My wife went for a long walk with her mom who is over it, but still defended him as 'he's sensitive.' They've 'accepted my apology,' but this dude takes no accountability for his shit attitude, and expects an in-person apology at the next get together (and still hasn't shown any remorse for his foul demeanor that night).

The next family dinner is going to be incredibly awkward. I have to suck up my pride apologize again, knowing full well this guy sees himself 100% as the victim... all I really want to do is tell this fucker that I stand by what I said and more, but I can't do that to my wife.

Lesson learned big time. It did not feel good to call him out regardless of how bad he'd asked for it. I've been losing sleep over it the past couple days. I'd bit my tongue for the last 7 years of this dude hanging around my family, I'll have to keep doing that. But fuck you.

Honestly RBP is right, it was your house and you were the one, along with everyone else that was being treated shitty by this asshole. You shouldn't have apologized. I know you had to for the sake of 'family peace', but still. You did nothing wrong. Fuck him. Your wife needs to sit down with her mother and have a long talk with her about this guy. He's a cancer and he's not going to change. If your MIL is as nice as you say she is, then what does she see in this guy? And is she that blind to his beligernece? Even when he is an ass to her own daughter? Fuck that. I would politely decline to go to the next family dinner.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-27-2019, 10:58 AM
DGX is right too...you were/are a hell of a lot nicer than I would ever be. If someone would have snapped at my wife like that, not only would I have snapped like you did, but I would have told him to :gtfo: and would have let the expletives fly

Hal-9000
06-27-2019, 03:52 PM
Ahhh I fucked up big.

As others have mentioned, it sounds like this guy needed to hear something and probably a lot more than you provided. I know it was hard for you because you were the person who broke the ice so to speak :lol: and you feel you should have remained under control despite this asshole.

Consider something GF. You're a self admitted pacifist of sorts in conversations and rarely if ever throw the gloves down during the face off. Something inspired you and it was him.

That's one thing I hate about today's world. You tell someone else they're being a jerk and all of sudden you're made to feel like the jerk for bringing it up or acknowledging it. You have to ask yourself, something made you get to that point of going past your normal range of expression. It was him, not you.

Just your description of him makes me cringe and I'm pretty passive myself about how people live their lives. Some people go through life with blinders on and think what they do and say are completely fine, because no one has told them otherwise. I think you did something good here.

...can't come to the wedding of the son of the person he's dating because he didn't want to get dressed up...fuck him.

...and he took it like a bitch :lol:

Godfather
06-28-2019, 03:17 AM
Thanks guys, it helps to have you all weigh in. I feel kind of silly having typed that all out looking back, but it's off my chest, I still feel I was as reasonable as I could've been, and you've all reinforced what I was feeling so I can move on. Whether he does or not is up to him and it's not something I should give two fucks about.

Appreciate it. That's why I love this place.

Hal-9000
07-04-2019, 03:13 PM
Thanks guys, it helps to have you all weigh in. I feel kind of silly having typed that all out looking back, but it's off my chest, I still feel I was as reasonable as I could've been, and you've all reinforced what I was feeling so I can move on. Whether he does or not is up to him and it's not something I should give two fucks about.

Appreciate it. That's why I love this place.

I've found sometimes if I go through something serious and rant here, it helps me not constantly talk about it in person. It's a valve for sure :thumbsup:

RBP
07-04-2019, 03:14 PM
I've found sometimes if I go through something serious and rant here, it helps me not constantly talk about it in person. It's a valve for sure :thumbsup:

Unleash your valve on us any time, Hal. :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-04-2019, 03:16 PM

:ghey:

Hal-9000
07-04-2019, 03:19 PM

https://i.imgur.com/V3roPsy.jpg

Godfather
08-30-2019, 01:41 AM
Alright so we go down to Leavenworth WA for this boys weekend I was telling you guys about. Rented an AirBNB house with a bunch of rooms, huge yard for volleyball, near the river for swimming, hiking, all that shit. SUPER fun weekend.

I have a grievance though :lol:

My core group of buddies and I do guys weekends at a cabin fairly often (lucky enough to have a couple friends with generous parents who let us use theirs), but this trip was bigger than usual, 14 guys, as it was supposed to be a stag for our friend who wanted a lot of his other buddies invited.

As usual we split duties: organizing activities was one group, booze was another, and a few of us including myself took on the groceries (I worked in a kitchen as a teen so I like organizing this shit). I made a rough menu and assigned people to each meal so nobody got stuck cooking/grilling all weekend, and kept it simple (burgers, pasta, etc)

So a day before the trip I threw it to our group chat asking if anyone has any allergies. Of course three dudes are vegetarian and one of them is also dairy free. I kind of gently asked if they wanted to do their own shit for food. but they just wanted to be part of the group and we agreed to have some non-meat options.

Once we got into the US naturally we hit up Costco and did a massive $800 shop, and got a bunch of extra veggies, eggs, hummus, that kind of stuff for the veggie people. It went okay during the trip... except for dairy-free-douche making a scene on the hike when someone ate his dairy-free lunch we'd packed :roll:

At the end of the trip we're all splitting the bills. Food came out to $60/person for FOUR DAYS of non-stop eating good food. Cheaper than eating at home for 4 days probably!

And these three assholes have the audacity to ask, after we'd all settled up the bills using Splitwise... if we can cut their bills because they didn't eat meat.

Fuck you bitch. You opted in when you should've done your own stupid diet separate. We bent over making extra dishes for you while also trying to organize food for 14 grown ass men on a drinking trip. Not only that but me and another guy picked up rounds of drinks at a cocktail bar for them which easily outweighed the meat they didn't eat.

Nobody responded so they eventually caved in to the cricket noises in our group chat and paid their bills... but fuck you.

Muddy
08-30-2019, 01:57 AM
Dairy free douche..

Teh One Who Knocks
08-30-2019, 10:31 AM
Alright so we go down to Leavenworth WA for this boys weekend I was telling you guys about. Rented an AirBNB house with a bunch of rooms, huge yard for volleyball, near the river for swimming, hiking, all that shit. SUPER fun weekend.

My core group of buddies and I do guys weekends at a cabin fairly often (lucky enough to have a couple friends with generous parents who let us use theirs), but this trip was bigger than usual, 14 guys, as it was supposed to be a stag for our friend who wanted a lot of his other buddies invited.

As usual we split duties: organizing activities was one group, booze was another, and a few of us including myself took on the groceries (I worked in a kitchen as a teen so I like organizing this shit). I made a rough menu and assigned people to each meal so nobody got stuck cooking/grilling all weekend, and kept it simple (burgers, pasta, etc)

So a day before the trip I threw it to our group chat asking if anyone has any allergies. Of course three dudes are vegetarian and one of them is also dairy free. I kind of gently asked if they wanted to do their own shit for food. but they just wanted to be part of the group and we agreed to have some non-meat options.

Once we got into the US naturally we hit up Costco and did a massive $800 shop, and got a bunch of extra veggies, eggs, hummus, that kind of stuff for the veggie people. It went okay during the trip... except for dairy-free-douche making a scene on the hike when someone ate his dairy-free lunch we'd packed :roll:

At the end of the trip we're all splitting the bills. Food came out to $60/person for FOUR DAYS of non-stop eating good food. Cheaper than eating at home for 4 days probably!

And these three assholes have the audacity to ask, after we'd all settled up the bills using Splitwise... if we can cut their bills because they didn't eat meat.

Fuck you bitch. You opted in when you should've done your own stupid diet separate. We bent over making extra dishes for you while also trying to organize food for 14 grown ass men on a drinking trip. Not only that but me and another guy picked up rounds of drinks at a cocktail bar for them which easily outweighed the meat they didn't eat.

Nobody responded so they eventually caved in to the cricket noises in our group chat and paid their bills... but fuck you.

Not to mention that a lot of times, meat free and dairy free alternatives cost just as much, if not more than actual meat. There's nothing worse than cheap-ass bitches trying to get out of paying.

RBP
08-30-2019, 12:37 PM

Boy have times changed. :lol: What a bunch of pussies. Fuck you, indeed.

Hal-9000
08-30-2019, 04:18 PM

The bill did need to be further adjusted. Vegan Vic and Dairy Free Douche need to pay extra for being exceptional pains in the ass
during the planning/shopping and prep phase :tup:

At work we used to have great potluck lunches and barbecues. Until one day we decided to pool our money and buy a group lunch. None of the following is a joke. 10 guys:

Gay, deaf guy can't have dairy or gluten - all pizza, most sandwiches, milkshakes and ice cream cakes are out. (this was over 10 years ago, not many gluten-free places)
Hindi guy from Fiji can't eat beef - all burgers and roast beef sammies are out.
East Indian Muslim guy can't have pork products - no bacon, ham or even pork rind flavored chips.
Malaysian Muslim guy can't have pork or beef - pure vegan items only.
North African Muslim guy will eat Halal* foods only - ever try asking someone at Wendys how their cows were slaughtered?
Weird young white guy claims to be vegan - yet multiple employees have watched him eat ham sandwiches for lunch.
Black Canadian guy doesn't eat any pig products - Christian and not Muslim by faith, just won't eat things from a pig because they're dirty animals.
White old Canadian guy won't eat at Subway or any Chinese food - traumatic experiences at both types of restaurants, scarred him for life.
Fat East Indian Hindi guy (5'2'' tall, approx 260 lbs) - not supposed to have cow, but will eat anything and always is in trouble with the wife because of it.
Yours Truly - will put anything in his mouth at least once.

We had to have a 45 minute fucking meeting to decide on one group lunch, rather than walk around for two minutes and make a list.
We settled on KFC, it was shit and we swore to never attempt it again :lol:

C'mon man fuck all y'all!

Pony
08-30-2019, 07:12 PM
Yours Truly - will put anything in his mouth at least once.

True story.

DemonGeminiX
08-30-2019, 09:47 PM
This hurricane's forecasted track is getting worse for me with every update. C'mon man!

fricnjay
08-30-2019, 10:46 PM
This hurricane's forecasted track is getting worse for me with every update. C'mon man!

Just nuke it :tup:

:coat:

lost in melb.
08-31-2019, 12:39 AM
Just nuke it :tup:

:coat:

https://i.imgflip.com/38w2ta.jpg

Hal-9000
09-03-2019, 03:13 PM

Heard it was the second most powerful to make landfall..is that right?

Saw the Bahamian news. Winds over 150 and water up to the windshields on trucks :|

C'mon nature man, fuck you!!!

Godfather
09-04-2019, 06:22 AM
The vids coming out show just insane destruction. Horrible. If anyone has a charity recommendation let us know. I think the Bahamas are one of the less corrupt countries but I'm still skeptical of all these charities that pop up after disasters. I guess Red Cross is a safe bet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QoqtB6HPMY

Teh One Who Knocks
09-04-2019, 10:20 AM
The vids coming out show just insane destruction. Horrible. If anyone has a charity recommendation let us know. I think the Bahamas are one of the less corrupt countries but I'm still skeptical of all these charities that pop up after disasters. I guess Red Cross is a safe bet?

When in doubt, the Red Cross is always a safe bet and they are one of the first that are on the ground to help out.

RBP
09-07-2019, 12:37 PM

When in doubt, the Red Cross is always a safe bet and they are one of the first that are on the ground to help out.

Consider Team Rubicon. https://teamrubiconusa.org/

They are US combat veterans who provide rebuilding and humanitarian relief after disasters.

edit:
https://i.imgur.com/out3RGC.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
09-09-2019, 12:56 PM
Last night I tried to get to bed early, mostly because no matter what time I go to bed, I'm up early. I don't sleep much anymore, 3 to 4 hours is usually a good night for me. Anyway, told the wife I was going to bed and she said she would take care of the dogs and everything before she came up to bed. Still took awhile to fall asleep and the wife had already come upstairs when all of a sudden two loud electronic chirps pierce the night. Dogs start going bananas and the wife rushes out and heads downstairs. I stay in bed but those two piercing chirps keep repeating every 30 seconds or so. So I head downstairs and the wife has the smoke detector removed from the mount and is trying to figure out how to open the battery cover (they are hardwired in with a battery backup detectors). She's struggling so I step in to help. Luckily the hardwire has a plug you can pull off to disconnect the detector from the wiring. I get it off and get the battery door open. We swap the battery out but it's still chirping and the dogs are still in a panic. I figure maybe it won't stop until it's plugged back into the hardwire. Nope. That didn't do it. So I get it back down and ask the wife if it's a brand new battery or not, and she said she just opened a new package to get it. There's a list on the back of the smoke detector that was written in type that could have only been written under a microscope. So we read down the list and about halfway down we come to 'two quick chirps every 30 seconds' and find out what the issue is. It's a combo smoke detector/CO detector and the CO detector part of it has come to the EOL (end of life) of the device and needs to be replaced. :|

Really? That's how you have it set to alert people that it needs to be changed? An obnoxious chirping that won't ever stop until you unplug it AND pull the battery? And it can go off at any time? What if it had gone off during the day when no one was home? The dogs would have destroyed the place because of it, they were terrified of it. You couldn't have just used a flashing light or something a little less obnoxious?

Fuck you Kidde!

Pony
09-09-2019, 01:11 PM
That's one of the reasons why I disregarded the bosses decision to put combo detectors in all our rental properties. Plus they are expensive, and the houses are ALL electric. There is nothing to produce CO.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-09-2019, 01:27 PM
That's one of the reasons why I disregarded the bosses decision to put combo detectors in all our rental properties. Plus they are expensive, and the houses are ALL electric. There is nothing to produce CO.

Yeah, we already have separate CO detectors in the house (which we just replaced earlier this year). We didn't realize this one was a combo unit, it was already there when we bought the house.

Pony
09-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Hope you got the dogs calmed down, I know especially in their "safe" environment it can really fuck them up to get freaked out like that. My sisters dog took a week to get back to normal. Was shaking for almost two days.

Hal-9000
09-09-2019, 04:30 PM
Last night I tried to get to bed early, mostly because no matter what time I go to bed, I'm up early. I don't sleep much anymore, 3 to 4 hours is usually a good night for me. Anyway, told the wife I was going to bed and she said she would take care of the dogs and everything before she came up to bed. Still took awhile to fall asleep and the wife had already come upstairs when all of a sudden two loud electronic chirps pierce the night. Dogs start going bananas and the wife rushes out and heads downstairs. I stay in bed but those two piercing chirps keep repeating every 30 seconds or so. So I head downstairs and the wife has the smoke detector removed from the mount and is trying to figure out how to open the battery cover (they are hardwired in with a battery backup detectors). She's struggling so I step in to help. Luckily the hardwire has a plug you can pull off to disconnect the detector from the wiring. I get it off and get the battery door open. We swap the battery out but it's still chirping and the dogs are still in a panic. I figure maybe it won't stop until it's plugged back into the hardwire. Nope. That didn't do it. So I get it back down and ask the wife if it's a brand new battery or not, and she said she just opened a new package to get it. There's a list on the back of the smoke detector that was written in type that could have only been written under a microscope. So we read down the list and about halfway down we come to 'two quick chirps every 30 seconds' and find out what the issue is. It's a combo smoke detector/CO detector and the CO detector part of it has come to the EOL (end of life) of the device and needs to be replaced. :|

Really? That's how you have it set to alert people that it needs to be changed? An obnoxious chirping that won't ever stop until you unplug it AND pull the battery? And it can go off at any time? What if it had gone off during the day when no one was home? The dogs would have destroyed the place because of it, they were terrified of it. You couldn't have just used a flashing light or something a little less obnoxious?

Fuck you Kidde!

I ran into the same problem right down to trying to figure out what the chirps meant. Strange part for me, two of the detectors started doing it the weekend we switch daylight savings time. That's when manufacturers suggest when you should check the batteries and test your detectors.

Seemed a little too on the nose when both of them start chirping that particular weekend, like they had been programmed to do it. I had bought all new detectors the year before and all of mine are battery powered, not hardwired.

Pony
09-09-2019, 07:16 PM
The new condo building I work at the detectors are hardwired, battery backup and linked together, If one goes off they all go off.

Great in theory but in reality if you have a false alarm it's a pain in the ass to figure out which one set off the system. Running through the condo with 8 smoke detectors blasting on the ceiling, carrying a step stool checking each one until you find the correct one that resets the system is a pain in the ass. My ears were ringing for hours. Turns out a guest had left the shower curtain un-tucked, water seeped through the floor by the tub and right into the detector. Really bad layout having an electrical box below a water source.

lost in melb.
09-10-2019, 02:19 AM
My :2cents: I install the expensive ones that last 10 years, then just chuck and replace. At least I know there's 10 years of peace...

RBP
10-19-2019, 04:06 PM
So the federal student loan forgiveness program includes government and non-profits. Turns out that since the government chose to contract out my portion of the labor, I don't qualify. I work in the same facility with people that do, since it is based on the employer not the work duties nor work location. C'mon man. Fuck you.

RBP
10-25-2019, 01:37 PM
$994 in deductions from my 2-week paycheck. $284 for benefits, $710 in taxes. And they want me to vote for Bernie or Lizzie? C'mon man.

Pony
10-25-2019, 01:51 PM
:shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-25-2019, 01:54 PM
$994 in deductions from my 2-week paycheck. $284 for benefits, $710 in taxes. And they want me to vote for Bernie or Lizzie? C'mon man.

Sounds like you have enough left over that you can send more :hand: C'mon man :shakehead:

RBP
10-25-2019, 02:48 PM
Sounds like you have enough left over that you can send more :hand: C'mon man :shakehead:

https://i.imgur.com/Yc4LNj0.jpg

Godfather
10-25-2019, 11:30 PM
Hey Greta, it's cool that you believe in something and all that, but it took me an hour to drive home my usual 15 minute commute from work. Can't you do this shit on a Sunday? Fuck you :lol:

lost in melb.
10-26-2019, 02:54 AM
Hey Greta, it's cool that you believe in something and all that, but it took me an hour to drive home my usual 15 minute commute from work. Can't you do this shit on a Sunday? Fuck you :lol:

Suck it up, it's for the future of the world - ya gas-guzzlin' normal person :nana:

Godfather
11-02-2019, 07:10 PM
I sold my sister-in-law's boyfriend my car. Great little mazda3, 2005, only about 115,000km and never had any accidents or major breakdowns. Sold it for half what it goes for online because he's a good dude just moving to Canada from the US and been a huge help to my SIL and all that. Anyways, he's a decent guy but calls me to complain whenever there's a problem with it :roll: He tried to fix an AC belt himself and the adjacent serpentine belt exploded a week later... calls me to whine about it immediately. What do you want me to do, I'm not handy with that shit, I told you when you bought it the AC wasn't working and you bragged you'd fix it yourself with your eyes closed for $10.

I gave you a good price, I didn't pressure you to buy it from me - you asked to... stop guilting me. C'mon man :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-05-2019, 12:40 PM
Why do manufacturers feel the need to keep certain "hidden settings" in their devices? Awhile ago, I ended up buying a new thermostat not too long after we had put the central air in. I wanted a thermostat that was 'smart' so we could control it from anywhere at anytime if we needed to, and I wanted one where I didn't have to have to manually switch from heating to cooling. I just wanted to program it and leave it. Well, we put it in and the wireless part worked fine, so that was a plus. But the thermostat acted wonky AND there was no apparent auto function, all we had were: heat, cool, and off. :|

Well, the wonky part was, no matter what time I would set the thermostat to come on, regardless if it was the a/c or the heat, it would come on between 60 and 90 minutes early. No matter what. And I tried everything, even factory resetting it and still nothing. So, I just dealt with it, pushing the 'on' time out farther so it wouldn't come on too soon. But finally it had been pissing me off enough that I decided to look into why it wasn't following the schedule I was setting. It would 'turn off' at the right times, just when a new heating or cooling cycle started, it would come on early. Well, seems that this thermostat is an adaptive one where it learns how long it takes to bring your house up to temp and it starts early to make sure that the house is the temp you programmed at the time you programmed it for, not starting at the time you programmed it for. So, during the week I have it set to come on at 5 AM to heat the house up. But instead of starting at 5, it starts early to make sure the house is at temp BY 5. :| Now why don't they put that in big honking letters on the packaging and in the set-up??? :x So now I know what it's doing and have adjusted the schedule accordingly.

But, in this research I also found out that the 'auto' function (switching from heating to cooling automatically) is a 'hidden' setting in the thermostat. :| THIS THERMOSTAT IS MARKETED AS ONE THAT DOES THAT AUTOMATICALLY, WHY IS IT 'HIDDEN' AND WHY WOULDN'T IT BE ON BE DEFAULT??? :x So I found how to enter the setting, find the 'code' that needs to be changed, and now magically it shows up now with an 'auto' setting.

C'mon man, things shouldn't be this fucking hard. :banghead:

Muddy
11-05-2019, 01:55 PM
*throws Xanax in Lances mouth while he is ranting*

Godfather
11-06-2019, 07:49 AM
Why do manufacturers feel the need to keep certain "hidden settings" in their devices? Awhile ago, I ended up buying a new thermostat not too long after we had put the central air in. I wanted a thermostat that was 'smart' so we could control it from anywhere at anytime if we needed to, and I wanted one where I didn't have to have to manually switch from heating to cooling. I just wanted to program it and leave it. Well, we put it in and the wireless part worked fine, so that was a plus. But the thermostat acted wonky AND there was no apparent auto function, all we had were: heat, cool, and off. :|

Well, the wonky part was, no matter what time I would set the thermostat to come on, regardless if it was the a/c or the heat, it would come on between 60 and 90 minutes early. No matter what. And I tried everything, even factory resetting it and still nothing. So, I just dealt with it, pushing the 'on' time out farther so it wouldn't come on too soon. But finally it had been pissing me off enough that I decided to look into why it wasn't following the schedule I was setting. It would 'turn off' at the right times, just when a new heating or cooling cycle started, it would come on early. Well, seems that this thermostat is an adaptive one where it learns how long it takes to bring your house up to temp and it starts early to make sure that the house is the temp you programmed at the time you programmed it for, not starting at the time you programmed it for. So, during the week I have it set to come on at 5 AM to heat the house up. But instead of starting at 5, it starts early to make sure the house is at temp BY 5. :| Now why don't they put that in big honking letters on the packaging and in the set-up??? :x So now I know what it's doing and have adjusted the schedule accordingly.

But, in this research I also found out that the 'auto' function (switching from heating to cooling automatically) is a 'hidden' setting in the thermostat. :| THIS THERMOSTAT IS MARKETED AS ONE THAT DOES THAT AUTOMATICALLY, WHY IS IT 'HIDDEN' AND WHY WOULDN'T IT BE ON BE DEFAULT??? :x So I found how to enter the setting, find the 'code' that needs to be changed, and now magically it shows up now with an 'auto' setting.

C'mon man, things shouldn't be this fucking hard. :banghead:

:lol: That's nuts. I wonder if they sell a more expensive version that doesn't try and hide that feature, which is actually the same device with a slightly better UI. Wouldn't surprise me.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2019, 01:43 PM
:lol: That's nuts. I wonder if they sell a more expensive version that doesn't try and hide that feature, which is actually the same device with a slightly better UI. Wouldn't surprise me.

It's a Honeywell thermostat and the whole reason I bought it because I was replacing an older Honeywell that was similar, but wasn't 'smart' and didn't have WiFi capabilities. I thought it would just be easy since they were similar so the swap would be easy. But never again will I buy a Honeywell ever again after this. Here's a pic of the back of the packaging...look what the 3rd feature down clearly states:

https://i.imgur.com/fN1dgFtl.jpg

But nowhere during set-up does it address needing to enable this, in fact, it's a hidden function and it's not even on by default. :facepalm:

Godfather
11-06-2019, 04:33 PM
My Honeywell timed lightswitch (not smart, just a switch with a simple timer) died in 3 years. Was not impressed.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2019, 04:38 PM
My Honeywell timed lightswitch (not smart, just a switch with a simple timer) died in 3 years. Was not impressed.

The Honeywell thermostats look completely ghetto compared to the new stuff out. I'm leaning towards replacing it with an Ecobee, those things look badass from everything I've read. I just hate to spend the money on another thermostat since this one isn't that old and I actually have the issues sorted out.

RBP
11-08-2019, 11:16 AM
$706 in taxes out of my check. Jesus. Fuck you.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-08-2019, 11:19 AM
$706 in taxes out of my check. Jesus.

You're lucky I don't have my paystub handy to say what mine are every two weeks :lol:

Muddy
11-12-2019, 08:24 PM
Un-real. We are hiring for a position here and someone called in to submit a resume... The girl that answered the phone said "send it to me and I'll make sure the president gets it".. (instead of just giving the guy the presidents email address..) Now that girl is at her desk with 2 other bitches and they are reading the guys resume and looking him up on social media seeing what his hobbies are and talking about whether he is "cute" or not and all that shit... WHAT THE FUCK.!!! ??

Teh One Who Knocks
11-12-2019, 11:37 PM
Un-real. We are hiring for a position here and someone called in to submit a resume... The girl that answered the phone said "send it to me and I'll make sure the president gets it".. (instead of just giving the guy the presidents email address..) Now that girl is at her desk with 2 other bitches and they are reading the guys resume and looking him up on social media seeing what his hobbies are and talking about whether he is "cute" or not and all that shit... WHAT THE FUCK.!!! ??Report them to HR.

Muddy
11-13-2019, 03:50 AM
Report them to HR.

No HR dept.. we are small..

lost in melb.
11-13-2019, 05:10 AM
No HR dept.. we are small..

Over knee and spank? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
11-13-2019, 08:55 PM
$706 in taxes out of my check. Jesus. Fuck you.

Just got paid today...$885.02 in taxes out of my check this pay period. Almost $12K this year in federal tax alone this year. C'mon man. :sad2:

RBP
11-14-2019, 01:23 AM
Just got paid today...$885.02 in taxes out of my check this pay period. Almost $12K this year in federal tax alone this year. C'mon man. :sad2:

Pay your fair share, fascist.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2019, 10:34 AM
Pay your fair share, fascist.

DemonGeminiX
11-14-2019, 11:44 AM
As if I'm not already having enough issues with wounds right now, I go ahead and take a divot out of my left big toe right beside the nail and I start bleeding profusely all over the place. You fucking knucklehead. You know better. C'mon, man! Be more careful.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2019, 11:47 AM
As if I'm not already having enough issues with wounds right now, I go ahead and take a divot out of my left big toe right beside the nail and I start bleeding profusely all over the place. You fucking knucklehead. You know better. C'mon, man! Be more careful.

Should have gone with a fairway wood instead of an iron? :-k

DemonGeminiX
11-14-2019, 11:49 AM
I should have moved an inch further backward before turning. Clipped my toe on the edge of my bed.

lost in melb.
11-18-2019, 06:14 AM
:fire:

DemonGeminiX
11-18-2019, 05:48 PM
You came in and looked me over for 5 minutes, told me I didn't need surgery, and then left, and you're charging me $341 for that?

Fuck you, man.

Godfather
11-22-2019, 04:54 AM
What the fuck am I supposed to do when someone sits next to me on a flight who is so obese they take up half my seat? This dude needed a seatbelt extender which IMO probably shouldn't even exist because it means - like this dude - you are so fat we couldn't put the armrest down, nor could he keep his leg anywhere near the imaginary line between the seat. He was so fat I couldn't even get my fucking tray table down because his thighs spilled into and over my seat blocking the hinge. I pay the same price as this guy who weighs more than double what I do, he gets half my seat, but god forbid my fucking luggage is 1lb over the limit or they'll fist me with extra fees!! Wouldn't want to put that kind of stress on the fuel consumption!! My back and legs feel like shit because I was so squished the entire 5 hour flight. I don't even really blame this fat guy as much as I do airlines for not doing something about this injustice. IMO, if you can't get a regular size seatbelt on and put the armrest down, get off the flight and come back when you've paid for two seats or first class.

FUCK

lost in melb.
12-14-2019, 01:37 PM
Agree on both accounts. Particularly the airlines for their blatant greed. To add fuel to the fire, try being 6 foot 7. I couldn't put my seat back because it pushed my knees forward into the seat front of me

lost in melb.
12-14-2019, 01:39 PM
And now for my rant. Why has the swype keyboard on my Android phone not yet learnt the word "cybertruck", despite me googling it at least 10 times a day. Come on man!

lost in melb.
12-14-2019, 01:43 PM
You came in and looked me over for 5 minutes, told me I didn't need surgery, and then left, and you're charging me $341 for that?

Fuck you, man.

While I don't condone violence, I suggest you roll 341 dollar bills into a massive cigar, shove said cigar up Docs rectum and set it alight..

Then tell him 'fuck you, you don't need surgery' :haha:

RBP
12-14-2019, 07:22 PM
What the fuck am I supposed to do when someone sits next to me on a flight who is so obese they take up half my seat? This dude needed a seatbelt extender which IMO probably shouldn't even exist because it means - like this dude - you are so fat we couldn't put the armrest down, nor could he keep his leg anywhere near the imaginary line between the seat. He was so fat I couldn't even get my fucking tray table down because his thighs spilled into and over my seat blocking the hinge. I pay the same price as this guy who weighs more than double what I do, he gets half my seat, but god forbid my fucking luggage is 1lb over the limit or they'll fist me with extra fees!! Wouldn't want to put that kind of stress on the fuel consumption!! My back and legs feel like shit because I was so squished the entire 5 hour flight. I don't even really blame this fat guy as much as I do airlines for not doing something about this injustice. IMO, if you can't get a regular size seatbelt on and put the armrest down, get off the flight and come back when you've paid for two seats or first class.

FUCK

Point of order. Proper posts must contain "fuck you" or "c'mon, man".

But yes, that is bullshit.

brah pitt
12-29-2019, 07:48 PM

FUCK

holy shit!

lost in melb.
01-04-2020, 12:32 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wow. A self-promotional commercial with cheesy elevator music? This is one of the most tone-deaf things I’ve ever seen a country’s leader put out during a crisis. Shameless &amp; shameful. <a href="https://t.co/ISgYEtlsb7">https://t.co/ISgYEtlsb7</a></p>&mdash; Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) <a href="https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1213381979003064321?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Our country burns and you put out a cheesy self-promotional video. C'mon man, even Piers Morgan thinks you're a Douche!

Godfather
04-20-2020, 01:12 AM
I've been doing some at-home workouts using Youtube a lot lately to stay in shape. Lots of jumping and squats and push-ups, etc. Thought I was staying in decent shape despite gyms being closed, haven't gained any weight.

I say all this because... this afternoon someone walks by with a puppy, and I did a little jump looking out my window and see over the hedges what kind of dog it was (I really like dogs), and when I landed something in my rib went 'pop'... and now I'm in total agony. I think I pulled a rib or something. Now I've got to go lie on the couch and ice it or something.... from just trying to get a look at the pup walking past the window :lol: C'mon man.

Griffin
04-20-2020, 01:27 AM
I tried to discretely check out my neighbors puppies once and my wife didn't talk to me for over a week. :meh:

Godfather
04-20-2020, 01:29 AM
I tried to discretely check out my neighbors puppies once and my wife didn't talk to me for over a week. :meh:

:rofl:

Pony
05-03-2020, 12:59 PM
Rant of the day: So will someone please explain to me the point of the directional aisles at the stores now? I think it's based on the assumption that everyone will go up and down every aisle in an orderly and timely manner keeping 6 feet from one another.

I'm sorry but MOST people are there to get in and get out grabbing a dozen or so essential items. For example, if I needed pasta sauce, a case of water, bread and some lunch meat I may need to go up and down 8 aisles to get those items. The "normal" way I'm going up and down 2.5 aisles (.5 because pasta sauce and water are near the very end and I don't have to go all the way through).

So their way I'm spending 3x as long in the store, coming in contact with 3x as many people because I'm going up and down a bunch of rows that I don't need to, just to get to the "correct" starting point.

Am I wrong? C'mon man! and FUCK YOU!

lost in melb.
05-03-2020, 01:35 PM
C'mon man! Don't you realize supermarkets need to look like they're doing something useful?

KevinD
05-03-2020, 01:44 PM
The actual main purpose for the directional aisles is to get you to buy more stuff. Most people are impulse buyers. They may on come in for certain items, but quite often will buy more if they see or smell it. It's the same line of thought that separates food items that go together. When's the last time you saw condiments on same aisle as breads?

Pony
05-03-2020, 07:02 PM
The actual main purpose for the directional aisles is to get you to buy more stuff. Most people are impulse buyers. They may on come in for certain items, but quite often will buy more if they see or smell it. It's the same line of thought that separates food items that go together. When's the last time you saw condiments on same aisle as breads?

Like sheep being herded to slaughter.

Griffin
05-03-2020, 07:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=876eUzWbMN0

Teh One Who Knocks
05-04-2020, 10:50 AM
Rant of the day: So will someone please explain to me the point of the directional aisles at the stores now? I think it's based on the assumption that everyone will go up and down every aisle in an orderly and timely manner keeping 6 feet from one another.

I'm sorry but MOST people are there to get in and get out grabbing a dozen or so essential items. For example, if I needed pasta sauce, a case of water, bread and some lunch meat I may need to go up and down 8 aisles to get those items. The "normal" way I'm going up and down 2.5 aisles (.5 because pasta sauce and water are near the very end and I don't have to go all the way through).

So their way I'm spending 3x as long in the store, coming in contact with 3x as many people because I'm going up and down a bunch of rows that I don't need to, just to get to the "correct" starting point.

Am I wrong? C'mon man! and FUCK YOU!

Do what they tell you Citizen :hand:

Godfather
05-17-2020, 01:14 AM
Some days I think I'm pretty clever and savvy and can learn things on the internet. Other days I feel moronic.

We had a floor lamp with a pull chain that quit working, the pull chain wouldn't budge. I decided to fix it. Got out my small screwdriver kit and watched a bunch of videos on fixing problems on similar lamps and it looked dead easy. Just take it apart, unjam the chain and you're gold.

So I carefully disassembly the fixture, taking photos and placing the parts nicely in order as I go. It's going great at first, the exterior assembly comes off, then some screws which let go of another big piece, but I still couldn't access the chain to get at the jam, so I unscrew the next set of screws... and then whoosh. As soon as I got the last screw undone, springs go and out explodes all sorts of tiny pieces all over the damn place. The whole chain assembly pops out giving me no chance to see how it goes back together. Every piece is black so I can't tell what the fuck went where, although I can tell that nothing seems broken so if I hadn't been an idiot and let it pop out like that, it was definitely repairable. In my defense, none of the vids I watched had any similar springs to watch out for but I still should've held the part more carefully as I loosened the screws. I took things apart as a kid and knew better then.

I sat there for half an hour trying to figure it out, while simultaneously trying to google the model to see if any diagrams exist (spoiler: there are none). Eventually I cracked a beer and gave up feeling dumb.

C'mon man.

Griffin
05-17-2020, 02:39 AM
Did you try unplugging it then plug it back in?

RBP
05-17-2020, 03:40 AM
Some days I think I'm pretty clever and savvy and can learn things on the internet. Other days I feel moronic.

We had a floor lamp with a pull chain that quit working, the pull chain wouldn't budge. I decided to fix it. Got out my small screwdriver kit and watched a bunch of videos on fixing problems on similar lamps and it looked dead easy. Just take it apart, unjam the chain and you're gold.

So I carefully disassembly the fixture, taking photos and placing the parts nicely in order as I go. It's going great at first, the exterior assembly comes off, then some screws which let go of another big piece, but I still couldn't access the chain to get at the jam, so I unscrew the next set of screws... and then whoosh. As soon as I got the last screw undone, springs go and out explodes all sorts of tiny pieces all over the damn place. The whole chain assembly pops out giving me no chance to see how it goes back together. Every piece is black so I can't tell what the fuck went where, although I can tell that nothing seems broken so if I hadn't been an idiot and let it pop out like that, it was definitely repairable. In my defense, none of the vids I watched had any similar springs to watch out for but I still should've held the part more carefully as I loosened the screws. I took things apart as a kid and knew better then.

I sat there for half an hour trying to figure it out, while simultaneously trying to google the model to see if any diagrams exist (spoiler: there are none). Eventually I cracked a beer and gave up feeling dumb.

C'mon man.

I have to admit, I laughed at your defeated drinking. :lol: #sorrynotsorry

A new assembly is cheap. Just replace the entire piece.

Godfather
05-17-2020, 05:43 AM
I have to admit, I laughed at your defeated drinking. :lol: #sorrynotsorry

A new assembly is cheap. Just replace the entire piece.

:lol: Glad it got a laugh. That's good advice, I'll look into that.

Pony
05-17-2020, 07:36 AM
:lol: Glad it got a laugh. That's good advice, I'll look into that.

Yep, most hardware stores sell a couple different versions of pull chain sockets. Or possible to retrofit it to a turn knob. You should be able to make something work for only a few bucks.

And don't feel bad, my skill level is pretty high and I've taken one of the spring loaded gismos apart before and got it back together, still didn't work. In my experience they don't "jam" unless something broke inside so it probably needed replaced anyway. Sometimes the best way to learn is to try.

Godfather
05-27-2020, 02:00 AM
Oh my god I'm livid.

I made amazing smelling poached chicken just an hour ago. Cooked it from cold like Serious Eats said, added onions, garlic, herbs. House still smells great... but I left it cooling on the counter for 15 minutes to come up here and shit post, and my wife's mother fucking cat got on the counter, dragged the chicken breast onto the carpet, ate half and abandoned the rest. That was supposed to be dinner tonight :| I didn't know this fat friggin' cat could even get on the counter, and he's never eaten chicken before when my wife's given him a piece. I guess my poached chicken was irresistible. How do you even punish a cat who looks at me with cold dead eyes and clearly gives zero shits?

Anyways, now I'm going to poach the cat with a bay leaf.

FUCK YOU

Griffin
05-27-2020, 02:49 AM
Years ago I had just taken a roast out of the smoker that had been on about 8 hours. My cousins wife started screaming, she had broken a glass and cut her hand.
After we got her bandaged and settled down, we went back out for the roast. The only thing on the platter was a few black hairs from the neighbors dog.
Nothing to do but go back to the meat market. We ate about 2:00 in the morning.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/xUySTZrjhPCJ6SIF7G" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/filmeditor-christmas-movies-a-story-xUySTZrjhPCJ6SIF7G">via GIPHY</a></p>

RBP
05-27-2020, 03:18 AM
I guess my poached chicken was irresistible.

I love how you took the time to stroke your ego in the middle of your rant. Epic. :lol:

Godfather
05-27-2020, 03:19 AM
Years ago I had just taken a roast out of the smoker that had been on about 8 hours. My cousins wife started screaming, she had broken a glass and cut her hand.
After we got her bandaged and settled down, we went back out for the roast. The only thing on the platter was a few black hairs from the neighbors dog.
Nothing to do but go back to the meat market. We ate about 2:00 in the morning.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/xUySTZrjhPCJ6SIF7G" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/filmeditor-christmas-movies-a-story-xUySTZrjhPCJ6SIF7G">via GIPHY</a></p>

:lol: Fuckkkk, heart-breaking.

My neighbor had that happen. They had this Weimaraner that was absolutely massive. Neighbor left a roast beef cooling under tin-foil on the counter. Came back into the kitchen after leaving it unattended, tin-foil was precisely where it was supposed to be - roast gone without a trace :lol: Dog pulled an Indiana Jones.

RBP
07-18-2020, 01:09 PM
I went to a convenience store to cash $120 in winning on lottery tickets. The dude scanned the tickets and handed them back to me. I don't have enough to pay out $120, try the gas station.

I went to to the liquor store (2 birds lol) and they said it was $100. The other ticket was already redeemed at another retailer.

"Huh. Interesting. Does it give you a receipt with that information?" And he handed me the receipt.

Went back to the convenience store. I told the dude he must have inadvertently (nudge nudge wink wink, say no more) cashed it. He said "I can do the $20" I gave him a confused look. "Don't you want the receipt so you can confirm the transaction number?" He says "No, that's okay" and hands me the $20. He wasn't confused or curious as to how such an error could have occurred. Huh. Interesting.

Motherfucker knew EXACTLY what he did. There's no way he just randomly hands out $20 without knowing. C'mon man, fuck you.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2020, 01:32 PM
Report him to the owner or to the state lottery commission. You know you're not the first person he tried to rip off.

Hugh_Janus
07-21-2020, 11:06 PM
and he won't be the last

lost in melb.
07-25-2020, 02:01 AM
Is Trump going to stop repeatedly boasting about passing his cognitive test for dementia. Ignored it the first few times but he seriously needs to stop. C'mon man :doh:

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2020, 02:56 AM
Is Trump going to stop repeatedly boasting about passing his cognitive test for dementia. Ignored it the first few times but he seriously needs to stop. C'mon man :doh:

:-s

Is Joe Biden ever going to take a cognitive test for dementia? I can't ignore the fact that he won't do it, even though he seriously needs to. C'mon, man!

lost in melb.
07-25-2020, 04:01 AM
:-s

Is Joe Biden ever going to take a cognitive test for dementia? I can't ignore the fact that he won't do it, even though he seriously needs to. C'mon, man!

From my observation he has more of an aphasic issue. He's not out of touch with reality (unless you want him to be for political purposes).

Also he's not president. :popcorn:

Don't you cringe with embarrassment when you see Trump mouthing off in this way?

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2020, 09:32 AM
From my observation he has more of an aphasic issue. He's not out of touch with reality (unless you want him to be for political purposes).

Don't you cringe with embarrassment when you see Trump mouthing off in this way?

No, he's a 74 year old New Yorker. And we knew what we were getting when we voted for him. He's doing what we want him to do. We don't care if you don't like him. Now shut the fuck up about Donald Trump. I'm tired of you bitching about him. Focus on something else.

You need to watch a video of Biden from 10 years ago and compare it to what you see of him today. It's dementia. I know it in my gut. I lived through it once. I watched my father wither away and die from it. I can tell when someone has a dementia-like disease from a mile away. Even in its beginning stages. Joe Biden has dementia.

lost in melb.
07-25-2020, 09:43 AM
I wasn't put on Earth to please you, DGX. And don't believe I've ever spoken to you like that...

Happy to discuss Biden when you're feeling a bit more civil.

Muddy
07-28-2020, 03:07 PM

You sent me down a search trail with that so I could understand.

lost in melb.
07-29-2020, 05:56 PM
You sent me down a search trail with that so I could understand.

https://twitter.com/JennaEllisEsq/status/1280974182625525760

FBD
07-30-2020, 07:26 PM
of course I dont, I smile at him doing exactly what I voted for him to do, even though the time table is a bit slow for everyone's tastes

no mention of Qanon here, I am disappoint :D

lost in melb.
07-31-2020, 07:28 AM
of course I dont, I smile at him doing exactly what I voted for him to do, even though the time table is a bit slow for everyone's tastes

no mention of Qanon here, I am disappoint :D

:shock: :shock: FBD!!

:beerchug:

Pony
08-24-2020, 10:36 AM
Drove up to the island for work, stopped and put 18 gallons of vas in the car, now it running horrible. Either bad gas or a coil pack went out and I'm stuck at work til Thurs. Cmon man!