PDA

View Full Version : I feel like...

Hal-9000
11-04-2017, 07:03 PM
This expression is starting to bother me. You hear it in conversation often and see it online with increasing frequency.
I've used it and have seen other people I know use it.

People used to say - "I think _____."

(the portions at McDonalds are getting smaller)

(that car used to be a different color)

(I need to leave now)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, the term du jour is "I feel like"

I don't care what you feel like and it's not proper grammar in most cases :x :x :x

I heard a woman on an hour long podcast preface every statement with - "I feel like"

examples - "I feel like I've heard that song before." "I feel like we shouldn't take that
under consideration lightly." "I feel like politicians need to..."

I don't listen to her anymore, because I THINK and BELIEVE she's a douchebag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, if you read comments at places like Reddit and Twitter, you often now see - " Watching that made me feel anxious. " and " I couldn't listen to that because of my anxiety. "
Hey, we all have anxiety at certain times when we're stressed or in an uncomfortable situation. It's normal.

But ffs when a commercial for perfume triggers your internal stress level so badly, I have to wonder - Should you be interacting with media or people in any form?

/rant

Hal-9000
11-04-2017, 07:19 PM
I feel like I should go shovel some more snow

8-[

RBP
11-05-2017, 07:09 AM
My favorite is "I am on the internet and gaming a lot because I have social anxiety"

No, you have social anxiety because you're on the internet and gaming a lot.

Hikari Kisugi
11-05-2017, 09:04 AM
Kinaesthetic bullshit, NLP at work.

Godfather
11-05-2017, 06:37 PM
I feel like you're overrating Hal, and, I dono.. I just feel like you should know I don't just think this way, I feel it.

Godfather
11-05-2017, 06:38 PM
Bill Burr is constantly making fun of people for talking this way too though :lol: He always stresses it in a girly/nasal voice when he goes "FOR MEEE.... I JUST FEEL THAT...." :lol: Love that guy

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2017, 01:04 PM
I feel like you are trying to invalidate my feelings because your white male privilege won't let you see that people outside the spectrum are faced with micro aggressions and toxic attitudes that all white cis males are born with and perpetuate.

Goofy
11-06-2017, 06:33 PM
My favorite is "I am on the internet and gaming a lot because I have social anxiety"

No, you have social anxiety because you're on the internet and gaming a lot.

I like the internet and i enjoy gaming........ i don't have social anxiety, i just dislike the majority of the human race :)

Teh One Who Knocks
11-08-2017, 02:18 PM
Anxiety...the new buzzword, I roll my eyes every time I hear the special snowflakes say it. Everything causes them 'anxiety' now. :roll:

Muddy
11-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Anxiety...the new buzzword, I roll my eyes every time I hear the special snowflakes say it. Everything causes them 'anxiety' now. :roll:

I have an 18 year old hitting me with the "anxiety" these days.. She's anxious up there in that $47,000 a year country club they call a school.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-08-2017, 05:56 PM
Bill Burr is constantly making fun of people for talking this way too though :lol: He always stresses it in a girly/nasal voice when he goes "FOR MEEE.... I JUST FEEL THAT...." :lol: Love that guy

I have seen him live before and listen to his podcast. Hes pretty funny

Hal-9000
11-08-2017, 06:25 PM

It's probably good that I don't have a Twitter account because 140 characters is not enough for me to say what needs to be said :lol:

Godfather
11-09-2017, 02:57 AM
I have seen him live before and listen to his podcast. Hes pretty funny

His podcast cracks me up. He basically has no guests and almost no script. It's like listening to a guy call a voicemail and rant about wild shit going through his head for 45 minutes :lol: He's actually got a really funny/lovable soft side now that he's a father too. Definitely one of my top 5 favorite weekly podcasts.