PDA

View Full Version : BuzzFeed reporter says honoring victims of communism is 'white nationalist talking point'

Teh One Who Knocks
11-08-2017, 11:45 AM
By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/mjR87ps.jpg

A BuzzFeed journalist said Tuesday that focusing on the “victims of communism” is a talking point used by white nationalists following the Trump administration’s commemoration the same day.

Blake Montgomery, a San Francisco-based reporter covering protests and white nationalists in the U.S., made the remark on Twitter Tuesday, sparking mockery and criticism for minimizing the suffering caused by communism in the world.

“‘Victims of Communism’ is a white nationalist talking point. Trump just made Nov 7 Natl Day for Vics of Communism,” Montgomery tweeted, suggesting the Trump administration are pandering to white nationalists by honoring the victims of communist oppression.

https://i.imgur.com/KQFMFTm.jpg

The White House commemorated the victims on Tuesday, releasing a statement reading: “(November 7), the National Day for the Victims of Communism, marks 100 years since the Bolshevik Revolution took place in Russia.

“The Bolshevik Revolution gave rise to the Soviet Union and its dark decades of oppressive communism, a political philosophy incompatible with liberty, prosperity, and the dignity of human life.”

It added: “Over the past century, communist totalitarian regimes around the world have killed more than 100 million people and subjected countless more to exploitation, violence, and untold devastation.”

Montgomery was widely criticized on social media, including by BuzzFeed world editor Miriam Elder, who said that “There are plenty of people who are not white nationalists who think this should be commemorated. Soviet oppression was real.”
The reporter eventually deleted the comment and apologized, saying he misinterpret the president’s declaration and he did not mean to minimize the suffering of victims of communism.

“I didn’t mean in any way to diminish the many real victims of communism, and my tweet was a bad misinterpretation of the president's declaration. I've deleted it,” he wrote on Twitter, adding that “I cover white nationalists, and they use that language a lot, which is why I made that very dumb mistake.”

Muddy
11-08-2017, 03:27 PM
I dont understand all this shit.

RBP
11-08-2017, 03:31 PM
I dont understand all this shit.

White Nationalist = anyone a liberal disagrees with, intersected with TDS, and viola! stupid shit gets said.

Muddy
11-08-2017, 03:35 PM
White Nationalist = anyone a liberal disagrees with, intersected with TDS, and viola! stupid shit gets said.

That part I get.. It's the whole language these people use now.. micro aggressions and triggers and fascists and communists and It gets confusing who and how they interpret it all...

RBP
11-08-2017, 04:04 PM
That part I get.. It's the whole language these people use now.. micro aggressions and triggers and fascists and communists and It gets confusing who and how they interpret it all...

Yes it is, and the interpretation is individual so you're always wrong.

Muddy
11-08-2017, 04:18 PM
I guess that's why I just tune this shit out.. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-08-2017, 04:19 PM
I guess that's why I just tune this shit out.. :lol:

You know who else tuned things out? :-s

:hitler:

RBP
11-08-2017, 04:20 PM
:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Can we just shut down buzzfeed, its nothing but garbage.
"Today on buzzfeed 10 ways to know if you are a white nationalist"
"10 ways men can and will trigger you"
"10 ways to eat kale, shocker inside...it through your ass"

RBP
11-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Can we just shut down buzzfeed, its nothing but garbage.
"Today on buzzfeed 10 ways to know if you are a white nationalist"
"10 ways men can and will trigger you"
"10 ways to eat kale, shocker inside...it through your ass"

The scary part isn't that they print this garbage, but that people are so deep in the bubble that they consume and believe it.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I saw my daughter on there the other day. I explained it was a garbage website, and she should avoid it :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-08-2017, 04:50 PM
https://i.imgur.com/TnCfK1C.png

The current BuzzFeed front page, that's some hard hitting journalism right there

Muddy
11-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Whats funny is if you look at the state.. The whole thing is Republican except 3 areas. NOVA, Richmond, and Norfolk.