View Full Version : Louis C.K. accused of sexual misconduct by 5 women; movie premiere abruptly canceled

Teh One Who Knocks
11-10-2017, 11:25 AM
FOX 411

https://i.imgur.com/RpIhKfb.jpg

The New York premiere of Louis C.K.'s upcoming film title “I Love You, Daddy” was canceled due to “unexpected circumstances," The Hollywood Reporter revealed, shortly before The New York Times released an article in which five women accused the comedian of being sexually inappropriate with them.

Comedians Dana Min Goodman and Julia Wolov told the Times C.K. exposed himself to them in a Chicago hotel room in 2002. Abby Schachner shared a similarly disturbing story with the newspaper, telling the Times she heard C.K. masturbating on the phone when she spoke to him in 2003.

Comedian Rebecca Corry said C.K. was inappropriate with her as well.

"He leaned close to my face and said, ‘Can I ask you something?’ I said, ‘Yes,’” she told the Times. “He asked if we could go to my dressing room so he could masturbate in front of me.”

Corry rejected him. A fifth woman, who spoke anonymously, said C.K. repeatedly asked to masturbate in front of her.
A rep for the 50-year-old "Louie" star told the newspaper, “Louis is not going to answer any questions."

FX, the network that aired his TV show, responded: “We are obviously very troubled by the allegations about Louis C.K. published in The New York Times today. The network has received no allegations of misconduct by Louis C.K. related to any of our 5 shows produced together over the past 8 years. FX Networks and FXP take all necessary actions to protect our employees and thoroughly investigate any allegations of misconduct within our workplace. That said, the matter is currently under review.”

HBO also distanced itself from the comic. The network said in a statement to several media outlets that he would no longer appear on its “Night of Too Many Stars” special -- and it would remove his past projects from its on-demand services.

In addition to the film premiere's sudden cancellation, his scheduled appearance on “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert” was also cancelled. Actor William H. Macy took will take his place on the CBS late night show.

It's not the first time the comedian has been accused of sexual misconduct. Gawker published an article two years ago detailing allegations against C.K.

C.K., 50, has avoided discussing the rumors.

“I’m not going to answer to that stuff, because they’re rumors,” C.K. told The New York Times in September. “If you actually participate in a rumor, you make it bigger and you make it real.”

C.K.’s upcoming film has already raised eyebrows for its controversial storyline. It tells the story of a TV writer who tries to stop his 17-year-old daughter, played by Chloe Grace Moretz, from developing a relationship with a 68-year-old filmmaker (John Malkovich). C.K., who wrote, directed and stars in “I Love You, Daddy” also edited and financed the project.

The Hollywood Reporter added that along with the shocking storyline, “I Love You, Daddy” also includes controversial dialogue. C.K.’s character not only uses the N-word, but he also makes multiple jokes about child rape. The film is said to pay tribute to 1979’s Woody Allen film “Manhattan,” which depicts a 17-year-old who develops a romance with a 42-year-old played by Allen.

deebakes
11-10-2017, 01:33 PM
:(

Muddy
11-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Been a good career fella.. On to the car wash.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-10-2017, 04:32 PM
By the TMZ Staff

Louis C.K.'s movie, "I Love You, Daddy" will not hit theaters -- the distributor is pulling it in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations against the comedian.

The Orchard announced Friday ... it would "not be moving forward" with the release, which was scheduled for Nov. 17. The decision is a huge shot to C.K. -- he wrote the film, starred in it and reportedly self-financed it too.

The movie's about a successful TV writer's daughter -- played by Chlöe Grace Moretz -- dating a much older filmmaker. Louis played the TV writer, and there's at least one scene where his friend pretends to masturbate in front of people.

As we reported, 5 women have accused C.K. of sexual misconduct, including masturbating in front of some of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zujShZT8_go

Teh One Who Knocks
11-10-2017, 04:32 PM
By the TMZ Staff

Louis C.K.'s second stand-up special with Netflix has been canceled in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations ... TMZ has learned.

A Netflix spokesperson tells us ... "The allegations made by several women in the New York Times about Louis C.K.'s behavior are disturbing. Louis's unprofessional and inappropriate behavior with female colleagues has led us to decide not to produce a second stand-up special, as had been planned."

The decision comes just hours after C.K.'s film distributor canceled the release of his movie, "I Love You, Daddy" ... which was supposed to come out next week.

C.K. was making 8 figures for each of his Netflix specials.

RBP
11-10-2017, 05:44 PM
Wait so he asked a few broads if he could jack off in front of them and jerked off on the phone once? And they said no and end of story?

Okay, and?

Teh One Who Knocks
11-10-2017, 06:42 PM
The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — Comedian Louis C.K. released the following statement on Friday following allegations of sexual misconduct in a New York Times report. The statement is unedited except for explicit language:

I want to address the stories told to the New York Times by five women named Abby, Rebecca, Dana, Julia who felt able to name themselves and one who did not.

These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my (penis) without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your (penis) isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly.

I have been remorseful of my actions. And I’ve tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now I’m aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position.

I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn’t want to hear it. I didn’t think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it.

There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with.

I wish I had reacted to their admiration of me by being a good example to them as a man and given them some guidance as a comedian, including because I admired their work.

The hardest regret to live with is what you’ve done to hurt someone else. And I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought on them. I’d be remiss to exclude the hurt that I’ve brought on people who I work with and have worked with who’s (sic) professional and personal lives have been impacted by all of this, including projects currently in production: the cast and crew of Better Things, Baskets, The Cops, One Mississippi, and I Love You Daddy (sic). I deeply regret that this has brought negative attention to my manager Dave Becky who only tried to mediate a situation that I caused. I’ve brought anguish and hardship to the people at FX who have given me so much The Orchard who took a chance on my movie and every other entity that has bet on me through the years.

I’ve brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their mother.

I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen.

Thank you for reading.

RBP
11-10-2017, 07:00 PM
Appropriate statement in the current environment, I suppose.

DemonGeminiX
11-10-2017, 09:39 PM
Wait so he asked a few broads if he could jack off in front of them and jerked off on the phone once? And they said no and end of story?

Okay, and?

:-k

Do you get the feeling that the human race's population is going to fall significantly in the near future?

RBP
11-10-2017, 09:47 PM
:-k

Do you get the feeling that the human race's population is going to fall significantly in the near future?

Because who would want to breed with these lunatics?

DemonGeminiX
11-10-2017, 10:08 PM
Because propositioning women was part of a guy's pick-up strategy. You've got four women that's complaining that he propositioned them... and nothing more. How many guys do you know that got involved with women because of pick-up lines or other similar tactics?

RBP
11-10-2017, 11:31 PM
Because propositioning women was part of a guy's pick-up strategy. You've got four women that's complaining that he propositioned them... and nothing more. How many guys do you know that got involved with women because of pick-up lines or other similar tactics?

Agreed. In effect, they just criminalized coming on to someone.

But, you know, fuck seduction rituals, they are just toxic masculinity.

DemonGeminiX
11-10-2017, 11:41 PM
And people wonder why MGTOW has become a thing.

lost in melb.
11-11-2017, 10:55 AM
Shit...I like his comedy. He was a clearly a bit of a dick, but he just doesn't hit the 'predator' button IMO.

Oh well, nexxxxt :(

Hal-9000
11-14-2017, 07:24 PM
The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — Comedian Louis C.K. released the following statement on Friday following allegations of sexual misconduct in a New York Times report. The statement is unedited except for explicit language:

I want to address the stories told to the New York Times by five women named Abby, Rebecca, Dana, Julia who felt able to name themselves and one who did not.

These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my (penis) without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your (penis) isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly.

I have been remorseful of my actions. And I’ve tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now I’m aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position.

I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn’t want to hear it. I didn’t think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it.

There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with.

I wish I had reacted to their admiration of me by being a good example to them as a man and given them some guidance as a comedian, including because I admired their work.

The hardest regret to live with is what you’ve done to hurt someone else. And I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought on them. I’d be remiss to exclude the hurt that I’ve brought on people who I work with and have worked with who’s (sic) professional and personal lives have been impacted by all of this, including projects currently in production: the cast and crew of Better Things, Baskets, The Cops, One Mississippi, and I Love You Daddy (sic). I deeply regret that this has brought negative attention to my manager Dave Becky who only tried to mediate a situation that I caused. I’ve brought anguish and hardship to the people at FX who have given me so much The Orchard who took a chance on my movie and every other entity that has bet on me through the years.

I’ve brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their mother.

I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen.

Thank you for reading.

So he puts out of the finest crafted apologies we've seen on the subject. And I disagree with him.

He propositioned some women. End of story. He didn't threaten a negative outcome if they said no or imply they had to.

"It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me."

Okay Louis, how about the billions of men who have admired attractive women? Those women held no power over us, the admirers? Bullshit. They held more power than what you're apologizing for right now.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2017, 07:41 PM
FOX 411

https://i.imgur.com/j7ts9Ie.jpg

“Game of Thrones” star Lena Headey slammed comedian Louis C.K.’s response to the sexual misconduct allegations made against him.

On Saturday, Headey tweeted: “Louis CK. The words you wrote are a s--t show of narcissistic c--k soup.”

Later, she tweeted in response to another Twitter user who defended the comedian and said he apologized and admitted to his wrongdoings.

“He didn’t apologize,” Headey tweeted. “FULL STOP. He wrote some stuff that he thought would make people still think he’s funny. He ain’t.”
Last Thursday, The New York Times published a report detailing the harassment claims by five women against the “Louie” star.

The women claimed the comedian either masturbated in front of them, asked to do it or did so over the phone. Four of the women, all comedians, identified themselves. The fifth woman asked not to be named.

On Friday, Louis C.K. released a statement admitting the claims were true.

"I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought on them," he wrote. "There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for."

“And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with,” the stand-up comedian stated.

Following the report, the release of his new film “I Love You, Daddy” was scrapped. Netflix said it would not produce a second stand-up special starring the comedian,and FX Networks and FX Productions announced they were ending their association with C.K.

Last month, Headey revealed she had a disturbing encounter with disgraced producer Harvey Weinstein, who has been accused of sexual misconduct by dozens of women.

She recalled initially meeting Weinstein at the Venice Film Festival in 2005. While they were walking together, she claims “he stopped and made some suggestive comment, a gesture, I just laughed it off, I was genuinely shocked, I remember thinking, it’s got to be a joke, I said something like… oh come on mate?!?? It’d be like kissing my dad!!”

Headey said she met with him later and Weinstein suggested they go to his hotel room together. The actress said she told the producer nothing was going to happen in his room, which she said angered him. Weinstein allegedly warned Headey not to tell anyone about the incident.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Hal-9000
11-14-2017, 08:03 PM
so he did more than ask?

Okay, now it's getting juicy.

lost in melb.
11-15-2017, 01:43 AM
FOX 411

https://i.imgur.com/j7ts9Ie.jpg

“Game of Thrones” star Lena Headey slammed comedian Louis C.K.’s response to the sexual misconduct allegations made against him.

On Saturday, Headey tweeted: “Louis CK. The words you wrote are a s--t show of narcissistic c--k soup.”

Later, she tweeted in response to another Twitter user who defended the comedian and said he apologized and admitted to his wrongdoings.

“He didn’t apologize,” Headey tweeted. “FULL STOP. He wrote some stuff that he thought would make people still think he’s funny. He ain’t.”
Last Thursday, The New York Times published a report detailing the harassment claims by five women against the “Louie” star.

The women claimed the comedian either masturbated in front of them, asked to do it or did so over the phone. Four of the women, all comedians, identified themselves. The fifth woman asked not to be named.

On Friday, Louis C.K. released a statement admitting the claims were true.

"I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought on them," he wrote. "There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for."

“And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with,” the stand-up comedian stated.

Following the report, the release of his new film “I Love You, Daddy” was scrapped. Netflix said it would not produce a second stand-up special starring the comedian,and FX Networks and FX Productions announced they were ending their association with C.K.

Last month, Headey revealed she had a disturbing encounter with disgraced producer Harvey Weinstein, who has been accused of sexual misconduct by dozens of women.

She recalled initially meeting Weinstein at the Venice Film Festival in 2005. While they were walking together, she claims “he stopped and made some suggestive comment, a gesture, I just laughed it off, I was genuinely shocked, I remember thinking, it’s got to be a joke, I said something like… oh come on mate?!?? It’d be like kissing my dad!!”

Headey said she met with him later and Weinstein suggested they go to his hotel room together. The actress said she told the producer nothing was going to happen in his room, which she said angered him. Weinstein allegedly warned Headey not to tell anyone about the incident.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

He appeared to apologize :shrug:

RBP
11-15-2017, 02:53 AM
They smell blood in the water. FULL STOP.

Godfather
11-18-2017, 03:38 AM
Just my thoughts on this, and for context I've been a big fan of Louis' for years...

I think Weinstein is a real predator and he might actually go to prison...

Louis' actions do seem disappointing and gross if he did his deed to people who worked under him who didn't feel able to say no (this 'position of power' isn't really a debate I want to get into at length)..... but he's absolutely no Weinstein from anything I've heard so far. Forcing comparisons strictly because of the timing makes me empathetic of Louis. When the dust settles, I think he'll recover from this to some extent.