PDA

View Full Version : More Than $80K Raised for Cyclist Fired for Flipping Off Trump's Motorcade

Teh One Who Knocks
11-15-2017, 11:30 AM
FOX News

https://i.imgur.com/Gs6aAVb.jpg

The cyclist who famously flipped off President Donald Trump's motorcade has been showered with cash after her action got her fired from her job.

Juli Briskman was riding her bike on the same Virginia road as the president's motorcade last month when she decided to show the commander-in-chief what she thinks about him.

Briskman said she made eye contact with Secret Service as she raised her middle finger.

Briskman's government contractor employer, Akima LLC, said a viral photo of her gesture violated their social media policy, and they terminated her.

In the days since, a GoFundMe page has raised more than $80,000 of its $100,000 goal for the unemployed 50-year-old marketing executive.

The page calls Briskman "an inspiration to us all" and says she was fired for exercising her First Amendment rights.

The page also has a "message from Juli":

Dear Friends,

After I was terminated from my job on October 31, I was driving home and as you can imagine, my thoughts were racing. I never imagined that my "one-finger salute" to the Presidential motorcade and its occupant would cost me my job. The actions of my company were swift and unexpected.

I was shocked and worried about many things:

How and when to tell my children? (my daughter's birthday was days away and of course I wanted her to have a happy one)

How would I pay for healthcare?

How much money do I have in my savings to cover our mortgage and general living expenses in Northern Virginia and how long will it last?

How long will it take to land another job?

This is the short list.

Through your very generous donations, many of those heavy burdens have been lifted.

I am not sure what the future holds, but I am buoyed by your support. For now, I can just say THANK YOU and promise to be a good steward of these funds.

Juli Briskman

RBP
11-15-2017, 01:09 PM
A fool and his money are soon parted...

lost in melb.
11-15-2017, 01:31 PM
A fool and his money are soon parted...

Fools. Lots of them. LOTS of them :watching:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-15-2017, 01:34 PM
I can almost guarantee that these fucking morons giving away their money to this stupid bitch are the same ones that moan about not enough is being done about the poor people in this country.

Muddy
11-15-2017, 01:35 PM
I'll flip him off for 80k!

lost in melb.
11-15-2017, 01:38 PM

https://www.commondreams.org/sites/default/files/styles/cd_large/public/views-article/bullshit.jpg?itok=FjaoVbFZ

Teh One Who Knocks
11-15-2017, 01:40 PM

You're a white male, they would laugh at you and say you got what you deserved

:privilege:

Muddy
11-15-2017, 02:15 PM
You're a white male, they would laugh at you and say you got what you deserved

#truth

RBP
11-15-2017, 02:20 PM
You're a heteronormative cis-gendered non-liberal white male, they would laugh at you and say you got what you deserved

added the other requirements for disdain

Muddy
11-15-2017, 02:22 PM
added the other requirements for disdain

I dunno man.. 'white male' seems to be all it takes these days.

RBP
11-15-2017, 02:41 PM
I dunno man.. 'white male' seems to be all it takes these days.

the rest is implied - tell them you're trans and gay and a Bernie supporter and you're in good graces. Just like "women's march" doesn't mean "women" it means "politically liberal women"

Muddy
11-15-2017, 02:54 PM
I need a deep spray tan and a rainbow headband.

RBP
11-15-2017, 03:06 PM
:tup: