PDA

View Full Version : Quarter-life crisis? You’re not alone

RBP
11-16-2017, 05:26 PM
According to a LinkedIn research, 75% of 25-33 year olds have experienced a quarter-life crisis, often related to feeling as if they were at a crossroads in their career. Women and men alike have experienced it (73% vs. 76%, respectively), with 85% of those in Arts & Culture having had a quarter-life crisis, followed closely by IT & Telecoms, at 84%. The average age of a quarter-life crisis is 27 years old.

Globally, nearly 80% of those aged 25-33 have felt under pressure to succeed in relationships, career or finances before hitting 30. Finding a job or career that they’re passionate about is the top reason this age group feels anxious (61%), even more so than about finding a life partner (47%) or dealing with student debt (22%). Nearly half (48%) of respondents feel anxious when comparing themselves to others.

The online survey was conducted by Censuswide on behalf of LinkedIn from Oct. 31-Nov. 3, among 6,014 respondents across the United States, United Kingdom, India and Australia.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-16-2017, 05:36 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1wMxOox.png

Godfather
11-18-2017, 02:02 AM
Strictly from a career perspective, I'm guessing this is an issue most people must feel across generations. I was talking to my dad and uncles at a family party recently about how I feel my career has me a bit bored the last year or two, and I feel like my progress has slowed recently. They all remembered feeling that way in their late 20's/early 30's too and how they used to talk about making radical career changes

I'm not sure what a 'quarter life crisis' is :lol: But I can completely relate with people who are 5-10 years into a career, are facing their 30's and wondering if they're on the right path, if they're being aggressive enough, or not patient enough....

deebakes
11-19-2017, 08:48 PM
wonder it to yourself you fucking snowflake :hand:

Godfather
11-19-2017, 08:59 PM
Nope :lol: