PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday 2017

DemonGeminiX
11-19-2017, 11:38 PM
Since I have no frickin' idea what anybody that I buy for wants for Christmas, it's all about me. Is anybody on the hunt for anything this year?

I'm looking for a deal on a 55" 4k tv. Walmart had one on a Sharp but it sold out already. I've got my eye on an LG at Sam's Club, but I'm not sure if they're gonna discount it any further than they already have.

Godfather
11-19-2017, 11:40 PM
There were some wicked deals at an outlet mall I stopped at in Washington a few days ago. Northface had almost all their jackets and clothing for 40-50% off.

Aside from that I'm just looking for good deals on hockey gear but haven't found much yet.

deebakes
11-20-2017, 12:49 AM
i'm thinking about getting a playstation 4, but it is going to need to be a great deal... it will be quite an upgrade from my current setup of atari 2600, nintendo, super nintendo and playstation 1 :-k

Pony
11-20-2017, 01:53 AM
I'm looking for a deal on a 55" 4k tv. Walmart had one on a Sharp but it sold out already. I've got my eye on an LG at Sam's Club, but I'm not sure if they're gonna discount it any further than they already have.

Last year Dad and I found a great deal on an LG 52? inch 4k tv at Sams, don't know what they are going for these days but I can tell you, the picture is absolutely beautiful, even in standard HD.

Hal-9000
11-20-2017, 06:16 PM
i'm thinking about getting a playstation 4, but it is going to need to be a great deal... it will be quite an upgrade from my current setup of atari 2600, nintendo, super nintendo and playstation 1 :-k

Your kids are me.

I feel so sorry for them :lol:

Hugh_Janus
11-20-2017, 10:46 PM
2600 wank:

deebakes
11-21-2017, 02:39 AM
:tup:

deebakes
11-21-2017, 02:39 AM
Your kids are me.

I feel so sorry for them :lol:

they actually get a kick out of the games, their fucking phones have more graphics than anything i have in the house :lol:

Hal-9000
11-21-2017, 03:07 AM
they actually get a kick out of the games, their fucking phones have more graphics than anything i have in the house :lol:

I still remember one of the best moments in time...

Me in my room with a Playstation one and my niece and two nephews sitting on the bed. My sister had forbidden her two sons to play or see anything with guns. No gun toys, no gun movies, no gun video games.

So, as you may suspect... the poor little guys hadn't seen anything of the real world :lol:

I put in Tomb Raider, the game with the hot chick who explores old ruins and tombs. It's more a discovery game than a shooting game but she does have weapons.

We're in this cool underground grotto and we get attacked by bats or some shit. I calmly take out the RPG and level a missile across the cavern. Game has extraordinary lighting and damage effects along with a huge explosion. Then I take out her Uzis and shoot the alligators in the water. Then I take out her shotgun and blast some mummies. Then I take out her pistols with infinite ammo and spray anything else that moves.

I look at the kids and they're not moving, sitting there transfixed, all three just staring at the TV screen. My oldest nephew says quietly - Wow Uncle hal that was cool. Can we do that???

:lol: oh yeah you sure can

deebakes
11-21-2017, 03:29 AM
i was playing mortal kombat 3 with my boys just this weekend with one button fatalities enabled :lol:

Hal-9000
11-21-2017, 03:43 AM
Geez man I remember the first Mortal Combat. You had to buy a magazine with the secret fatality moves because NO NET :lol:

hal at a glance:

Never played video games as a kid because only the pool hall had games and they were foosball and pinball.

First arcade games were Asteroids and Stunt Cycle (woooot!) and never played them often because we didn't have much money.

First console came out was 8 bit NES and only one friend had it...or you could rent it.

First console I OWNED was a second hand Intellivision. Had lots of fun on that, but real ghetto compared to NES or Super Nintendo

Bought a Sega Genesis in my late 20's/early 30's. Had a four way adapter and played nothing but 4-way hockey and football. Madden games...

By that time there were lots of console systems, I rented some (Jaguar anyone?) and only a few lasted and made it out of the battle for the top. Playstation One made it.

I bought a Playstation One and discovered 3D environment games, as opposed to the old side scrolling 2D games like Contra and Streetfighter, which I didn't care for.

So I finally became a real vidiot after buying my first PC and connecting to the net in 2003....the world of pirated games opened up to me and I was home at last :lol:

deebakes
11-21-2017, 04:10 AM
:lol:

atari 2600 was first console in the house, played it all the time :tup:

Hal-9000
11-21-2017, 04:18 AM
:oops: sorry man I barfed up that history and no one asked

DemonGeminiX
11-21-2017, 04:44 AM
I had an atari and the first nes and that was it. My cousin had the Sega Genesis, but we never really played... we were hardcore D&D players at that point. Got my first computer in the 90s and stumbled upon Diablo. And that's it. I installed an arcade engine on the old laptop that died back in '09 and was playing old arcade games for like a week before I got bored with it. A few friends in college had systems. We played Halo and Dead or Alive on occasions when I wasn't busy.

I have Diablo 2, but never installed it. I thought about buying Diablo 3, but figured since I never played the 2nd one, then why bother? If I had known about it, I would've loved Portal and Portal 2, but I didn't find out about them until years later and I don't want to bother now.

Hal-9000
11-21-2017, 05:06 AM
I had an atari and the first nes and that was it. My cousin had the Sega Genesis, but we never really played... we were hardcore D&D players at that point. Got my first computer in the 90s and stumbled upon Diablo. And that's it. I installed an arcade engine on the old laptop that died back in '09 and was playing old arcade games for like a week before I got bored with it. A few friends in college had systems. We played Halo and Dead or Alive on occasions when I wasn't busy.

I have Diablo 2, but never installed it. I thought about buying Diablo 3, but figured since I never played the 2nd one, then why bother? If I had known about it, I would've loved Portal and Portal 2, but I didn't find out about them until years later and I don't want to bother now.

Portal was the first game I got on Steam...played for about 10 minutes, stopped.

Just reinstalled this year and finished it along with Portal 2 and the entire Half Life series :lol:

I hated Steam the platform when it came out, but now I couldn't live without out. It bypasses so many problems that CD's and DVD's had like copy protection, finding patches, updates.

An old friend had an Amiga system, probably the first 'computer' I've seen. He had over 200 games on 3.5 inch diskettes and I was ahhh-mazed :shock:
One game we loved had something like 10 diskettes and real movie motion cutscenes! (10 seconds of the grainiest shit you ever saw :lol: )

lost in melb.
11-21-2017, 07:19 AM
Portal was the first game I got on Steam...played for about 10 minutes, stopped.

Just reinstalled this year and finished it along with Portal 2 and the entire Half Life series :lol:

I hated Steam the platform when it came out, but now I couldn't live without out. It bypasses so many problems that CD's and DVD's had like copy protection, finding patches, updates.

An old friend had an Amiga system, probably the first 'computer' I've seen. He had over 200 games on 3.5 inch diskettes and I was ahhh-mazed :shock:
One game we loved had something like 10 diskettes and real movie motion cutscenes! (10 seconds of the grainiest shit you ever saw :lol: )

Half-life! The memories :beerchug:

DemonGeminiX
11-24-2017, 05:16 PM
I got the TV from Sam's Club.

Anybody else get anything today?

Muddy
11-24-2017, 05:42 PM
A 5 dollar fiber optic cable

Pony
11-24-2017, 07:18 PM
I got the TV from Sam's Club.

Anybody else get anything today?

Nice! Got a great deal on tires for the van before my trip tomorrow and I'm about to go change the oil. Merry Xmas to me!

Thanks to my buddies wife who works corporate Goodyear, I paid about 35% of the normal price for tires, mounted and balanced!

Noilly Pratt
11-24-2017, 10:40 PM
Photography black friday deals...

https://youtu.be/SrH3S1L3-cU

Godfather
11-25-2017, 01:41 AM
I didn't pull the trigger on anything... typical :lol:

Hal-9000
11-25-2017, 04:22 PM
9 x 13 cookie sheet on sale for 6.27

:oops:

Godfather
11-25-2017, 06:21 PM
Does it come with any cookies :-k

Hal-9000
11-27-2017, 07:57 PM
No, 48 of them magically appeared on the sheet within two hours though :thumbsup:

deebakes
11-28-2017, 01:45 AM
playstation 4 for $200 with $50 gift card :tup: