PDA

View Full Version : Charles Manson, mastermind behind 1969 deaths of actress Sharon Tate, 6 others, dead at 83

Teh One Who Knocks
11-20-2017, 11:13 AM
FOX News and The Associated Press

https://i.imgur.com/l9Lt7Pj.jpg

Charles Manson, the hippie cult leader who became the hypnotic-eyed face of evil across America after orchestrating the gruesome murders of pregnant actress Sharon Tate and six others in Los Angeles during the summer of 1969, died Sunday after nearly a half-century in prison. He was 83.

Manson, whose name to this day is synonymous with unspeakable violence and madness, died of natural causes at Kern County hospital, according to a California Department of Corrections statement.

TMZ was first to report on the killer's death. The celebrity-news site reported that Debra Tate, the sister of Sharon, said she received a call from Corcoran State Prison informing her that Manson died.

Sporting a carved swastika on his forehead, Manson was the long-haired, wild-eyed head of a California desert commune in the late 1960s.

The “Manson Family” was largely made up of runaways and societal dropouts whom Manson controlled with a mix of his charismatic yet calculating personality and hallucinogenic drugs.

Obsessed with Armageddon and what he saw as a coming race war, Manson masterminded a series of murders that he hoped would spur black vs. white violence. A failed musician, Manson believed several songs on The Beatles’ “White Album” – notably “Helter Skelter” – also predicted a racial clash.

He ordered a small, devoted group of followers to carry out the murders, although he never took part in the actual acts.

“There’s no need to feel guilty,” Manson said during an interview in the 1980s. “I haven’t done anything I’m ashamed of.”

While Manson may have ordered dozens of slayings, he was eventually convicted for two high-profile massacres.

The first occurred at the Beverly Hills house of director Roman Polanski and claimed the lives of his wife, actress Sharon Tate, her unborn child and five others. Polanski was away at the time. One of the enduring images of the brutal slaying is the word “pig” scrawled in blood on a door of the house.

The next night, another group of Manson devotees killed Leno and Rosemary LaBianca.

Manson was convicted of first-degree murder in 1971 for the Tate/LaBianca killings and sentenced to death. But the California Supreme Court’s 1972 decision to outlaw capital punishment automatically commuted Manson’s sentence to life behind bars at California’s Corcoran State Prison.

In interviews, he’d frequently challenge the notion that he was guilty of the murders and never showed remorse.

https://i.imgur.com/a9TWtIV.jpg

“Remorse for what?” Manson said. “You people have done everything in the world to me. Doesn’t that give me equal right? I can do anything I want to you people anytime I want because that’s what you’ve done to me.”

Manson was rejected for parole 12 times and would not have been eligible to apply again until 2027.

Despite his infamous reputation as one of the 20th century’s most twisted mass murderers, Manson still managed to attract fans behind bars and nearly married a woman in her 20s in 2014. The woman, who called herself Star, applied for a marriage license with Manson, then 80, but a ceremony never took place.

Manson, born Charles Milles Maddox, was born in Ohio in 1934 to a 16-year-old alcoholic prostitute. She later married a man named William Manson, who was not Charles’ father, but from whom he took his notorious last name. Spurned by his mother and with no interest in attending school, Manson spent much of his early years committing crimes such as burglary, armed robbery, auto theft, check forgery and pimping.

He had numerous stints in prison and spent about half of his first three decades in a penitentiary.

Following a release from jail in 1967, Manson befriended Beach Boys drummer Dennis Wilson. Manson and several of his followers lived at Wilson’s home for a period of time and the Beach Boys ended up recording a song, “Never Learn Not to Love,” that was heavily influenced by one of Manson’s compositions, “Cease to Exist.”

Muddy
11-20-2017, 02:41 PM
This fuckin guy.. He's a murderer crim that for some reason was elevated to cult status.. Good riddance you scumbag mother fucker.

DemonGeminiX
11-20-2017, 03:07 PM
He was originally sentenced to death. He should've been executed a long time ago. He never should've been able to become media gold. Too bad California's full of bleeding heart liberal idiots that just had to get rid of the death penalty. They commuted his sentence to life, and got to live far longer then the prick deserved.

Hal-9000
11-20-2017, 07:25 PM
I think the average is now 40000 per year to house prisoners needing long term medical care.

sooo 40000 x 50 years = 2 million dollars

to keep this POS alive

bye asshole

Noilly Pratt
11-20-2017, 07:35 PM
My bro knew one of the investigating officers indirectly on Sharon Tate's murder. He said that the actual horrific things he and his followers did with the people he killed before they died was unthinkable.

All he'd say was that the real story wasn't told and would never be because the story that was broadcast was pretty much unthinkable as it was.

Good riddance.

Hal-9000
11-20-2017, 07:37 PM
My bro knew one of the investigating officers indirectly on Sharon Tate's murder. He said that the actual horrific things he and his followers did with the people he killed before they died was unthinkable.

All he'd say was that the real story wasn't told and would never be because the story that was broadcast was pretty much unthinkable as it was.

Good riddance.

And they let a couple of those girls out too Noilly.

Wouldn't it be mind bending to find out your neighbor is one of 'the army' who killed people with knives and played with their blood etc

Hugh_Janus
11-20-2017, 10:45 PM
oh well....

Griffin
11-20-2017, 10:51 PM
It's about time....but I believe even hell is too good an end for this waste of flesh.

Noilly Pratt
11-20-2017, 11:05 PM
Della Reese died today as well...can't imagine 2 different type of people...one that created hell on earth, and one who was the chief angel on the TV show "Touched by an Angel".

Godfather
11-21-2017, 02:43 AM
There's a special circle in hell waiting for you Charlie boy

You guys think those little teenage kids he coerced into his cult should ever be given probation? I was reading today they've all been recommended parol but it seems the Governor will always block it. I'd do the same as governor, but I thought it was interesting parol boards were recommending their release...

deebakes
11-21-2017, 02:48 AM
:wavey: bye

Hal-9000
11-21-2017, 03:11 AM
There's a special circle in hell waiting for you Charlie boy

You guys think those little teenage kids he coerced into his cult should ever be given probation? I was reading today they've all been recommended parol but it seems the Governor will always block it. I'd do the same as governor, but I thought it was interesting parol boards were recommending their release...

I believe one or maybe two of the girls has already gotten out....maybe the one with the rich family, Van Houten?

aw shit, time for another tab :lol:

Hal-9000
11-21-2017, 03:17 AM
look at me, it was Leslie Van Houten. She was not related to anyone rich. Paroled Sept/2017

damn if she doesn't look like Emilia Clarke from Game of Thrones

https://i.imgur.com/RevgpzG.jpg

Godfather
11-21-2017, 03:28 AM
Ah ya you're right. Looks like a few others are still in prison:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/us/manson-family-members/index.html

Hal-9000
11-21-2017, 04:00 AM
I read Vincent Bugliosi's book on the incident, it's quite good.

He's a pompous asshole and conceited would be an understatement...but he's got a 21 and 0 undefeated record so I support him :lol:

He also wrote a book on why OJ got away with murder and it's an eye opener if you were ever on the fence. He has a huge chapter describing what 'beyond reasonable doubt' means and if you can get past his interjections like " How can someone not know what I know! " It's obvious to anyone with an IQ over 50!" :lol: He does speak down a lot of the time, but is very good at trial law.

lost in melb.
11-21-2017, 04:11 AM
I"ll need to refresh my history here...

Hal-9000
11-21-2017, 04:16 AM
Strange fact is that Manson either truly felt there would be a racial war, or tried to fool others into believing it. It was one of the main tenets behind his ideologies.

Fast forward 50 years and what's happening in America now? One of the most volatile racial times since the Watts Riots. And the current battle is being fought in text ffs...

Godfather
11-21-2017, 04:23 AM
That's interesting, I was just reading about him today actually because of this news. I'll check out his book!

Hal-9000
11-21-2017, 04:36 AM
He can be a tough read, still worth it for historical facts.

His OJ book was amazing. He comes right out and says how badly Marcia Clark and Darden botched the entire trial and uses terms a lot worse than botched :lol:

He also wrote a book on how Bush should be charged for war crimes and depending how far right you go, it may be upsetting.

Here's a Goodreads review on one of his books:

Bugliosi is completely insufferable. I don't think I've ever seen so much ego dripping off the page. I agree with his take on the trial, but still, I found the entire book to be an unpleasant, unseemly, self-serving screed.

:lol:

Godfather
11-21-2017, 04:47 AM
:lol: I dono if I'd be able to get through that

The OJ trail is so fascinating though... that FX show that came our recently The People vs OJ Simpson might've been my favorite tv show I've watched all year

Hal-9000
11-21-2017, 05:10 AM
That's why and when I read it :thumbsup:

The OJ mini series was good, but the documentary OJ : Made in America was great.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-21-2017, 11:13 AM
I read Vincent Bugliosi's book on the incident, it's quite good.

He's a pompous asshole and conceited would be an understatement...but he's got a 21 and 0 undefeated record so I support him :lol:

He also wrote a book on why OJ got away with murder and it's an eye opener if you were ever on the fence. He has a huge chapter describing what 'beyond reasonable doubt' means and if you can get past his interjections like " How can someone not know what I know! " It's obvious to anyone with an IQ over 50!" :lol: He does speak down a lot of the time, but is very good at trial law.

If it doesn't fit, you must acquit :nono:

Hal-9000
11-21-2017, 05:13 PM
If it doesn't fit, you must acquit :nono:

Bugliosi may have gone a little deeper with his prosecution :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-21-2017, 05:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16KaoVmVTPE

Hal-9000
11-21-2017, 05:21 PM
That was a HUGE point during the mini-series and in Bugliosi's book.

We won't make him try on the gloves.
We can't let him get near those gloves.
We won't ask him to touch the gloves.
Remember, no gloves, ok?

Darden : Mr Simpson....I'd like you to try these gloves on.

*entire prosecution team*

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Muddy
11-21-2017, 05:26 PM
If de gloves dont fit, you must acquit.

Hal-9000
11-21-2017, 07:47 PM
If you throw a fit, tuck in your tit.