View Full Version : UCF sorority suspended after new members told to ‘chug' pitchers of alcohol

Teh One Who Knocks
11-22-2017, 01:07 PM
By Daniel Dahm - Digital Manager , Emilee Speck - Digital journalist - Click Orlando

https://i.imgur.com/Vn676cm.jpg

ORLANDO, Fla. - A University of Central Florida sorority has been suspended in connection with an incident at an off-campus bar, according to officials with the school's Office of Student Conduct.

In a letter dated Nov. 16 to Alpha Xi Delta, UCF officials said the Theta Sigma chapter of the sorority has been placed on organizational suspension for an interim basis effective immediately.

According to the letter, the sorority faces allegations of alcohol-related misconduct, which includes providing alcohol to someone underage; hazing; and possessing and/or providing false and misleading information and/or falsification of university records.

The alleged events happened after the Alpha Xi Delta "Big/Little Ceremony" in the fall, according to the incident report form from the Office of Student Conduct. The event was supposed to be alcohol-free.

A sorority sister confronted another in a group message app called GroupMe about pressuring a new member to “chug” a pitcher of alcohol at the restaurant Senior Frogs, according to documents released in the investigation.

The sorority member described other members “physically pouring alcohol down (new members) throats, ordering alcoholic drinks and making them chug." The reporting member said most of the new members being told to drink were underage.

https://i.imgur.com/3wiCXJX.jpg
In the group chat called "survival of the fittest" another member brushed off the allegations saying, “they’re
adults, they’re not forced to do anything. They drank because they wanted to,” adding that “unless someone
is dying I think it’s better to let fams do their traditions.”

The group chat eventually turned to a “game day” tailgate.

The reporter said she felt like she was being targeted by a few members of the sorority chapter's executive board after reporting the incident to them before going to the Office of Student Conduct.

The UCF chapter is prohibited from all activities, including fundraisers, socials, mixers, intramural competitions, recruitment, receptions, service projects and business meetings, the letter said.

The Office of Student Conduct held a hearing Tuesday at UCF and determined the sorority will remain on interim suspension.

deebakes
11-22-2017, 01:52 PM
:unimpressed:

RBP
11-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Oh the horror.

Muddy
11-22-2017, 02:28 PM
Oh the horror.

Pitchers of alcohol are quite dangerous Rainbow.. providing we are talking about liquor and not weak sauce beer..

RBP
11-22-2017, 02:34 PM
Pitchers of alcohol are quite dangerous Rainbow.. providing we are talking about liquor and not weak sauce beer..

I realize. I also realize this is not unusual college behavior. Maybe we should hire every college student a personal monitor. At taxpayer expense of course.

DemonGeminiX
11-22-2017, 02:36 PM
Somebody snitched. Snitches get stitches. They should beat that girl's ass, then drop her off on an Indian reservation as a sacrificial apology to use in a gang-bang for Thanksgiving.

RBP
11-22-2017, 02:38 PM
:lol:

Muddy
Somebody snitched. Snitches get stitches. They should beat that girl's ass, then drop her off on an Indian reservation as a sacrificial apology to use in a gang-bang for Thanksgiving.

Native American

deebakes

:hand: native american reservation dgx :nono:

deebakes
Native American

:bwaha:

DemonGeminiX
11-22-2017, 02:39 PM
:lol:

RBP
11-22-2017, 02:41 PM
:racist: