PDA

View Full Version : Conyers announces retirement, endorses son to succeed him

Teh One Who Knocks
12-05-2017, 03:39 PM
By Joseph Weber | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/8SkW86l.jpg

Rep. John Conyers on Tuesday announced his immediate retirement and endorsed his son John Conyers III to take his seat in Congress.

“I am retiring today,” Conyers, D-Mich., said in a local radio interview. “I want everyone to know how much I appreciate people’s support.”

The 88-year-old Conyers made his decision two weeks after sexual harassment allegations first surfaced and after returning last week to his Detroit-area district to discuss his political future with family and advisers.

Muddy
12-05-2017, 03:41 PM
See ya, O.D.B.

DemonGeminiX
12-05-2017, 04:13 PM
How's that for nepotism? "Elect my son in my place!" Fuck your son. :lol:

Hal-9000
12-05-2017, 05:33 PM
How's that for nepotism? "Elect my son in my place!" Fuck your son. :lol:

:lol:

And is his son the ripe young age of 68 or so?

Godfather
12-06-2017, 03:23 AM
My initial thought was oh, maybe his son is some smart young whippersnapper who's up-and-coming in the political game.

Nope :lol: http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/05/john-conyers-son-and-appointed-successor-my-nggas-deal-drugs-dad-is-a-fing-player-video/

John Conyers III., the son and appointed successor of John Conyers’ Jr., the disgraced Democratic politician who announced his resignation on Tuesday, is a former attempted rapper who bragged that his friends are drug dealers and his dad “is a f***ing player.”

The son’s brief rap career included lyrical gems such as “My n***as turn grams into grands” and “Ay f**k making a living bro, I’m trying to make history/So picture me letting the news nit-pick at me.”

The aspiring artist also rapped about some of the challenges he’s had to live through, such as when his mother, former Detroit councilwoman Monica Conyers, was sentenced to three years in jail for taking bribes, or when Conyers Jr. had to repay the U.S. Treasury for Conyers III’s misuse of a taxpayer-funded Cadillac Escalade.

RBP
12-06-2017, 04:20 AM
Have we not discussed the slush fund here? I think Conyers had a victim paid off with tax dollars. Yes, that's apparently a real thing that's been happening.

Edit: http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/11/22/guy-benson-congress-sexual-harassment-slush-fund-shows-dc-swamp

PorkChopSandwiches
12-06-2017, 04:44 PM
I think I read about a lot of that going around

Teh One Who Knocks
12-07-2017, 11:29 AM
By the TMZ Staff

https://i.imgur.com/Y8zCmy6.jpg

John Conyers' son -- the one he wants to replace him in Congress -- was arrested this year for felony domestic violence ... TMZ has learned.

John Conyers III got in a fight with his girlfriend on February 15, 2017. Law enforcement sources tell us he accused her of cheating after going through her computer at around 2 AM. The argument allegedly escalated into physical violence ... she told cops John body slammed her on her bed and on the floor, pinned her down and spit on her. She says she tried calling the cops, but he took her phone.

The woman claims he then chased her into her kitchen where she grabbed a 10-inch knife to protect herself, ordering him to leave the house.

She says he grabbed the knife and then swung at her twice, stabbing her, cutting her right bicep which required 3 stitches. She says he then chased her back into the bedroom, pinned her against the bed and slapped her.

They both called 911 and when cops came John claimed she pulled a knife on him and, when he grabbed it to protect himself, he accidentally stabbed her.

Cops looked at the woman's injuries and then arrested John for felony domestic violence. The woman was taken to the hospital.

The L.A. County D.A. declined to prosecute John ... partly because there were no witnesses and partly because prosecutors couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt the stabbing wasn't an accident.

We reached out to John, who lives in Michigan, for his side of the story, but so far no word back.

Muddy
12-07-2017, 01:30 PM
:lol: Love it.