PDA

View Full Version : Pop star Shyma jailed for ‘inciting debauchery’ in racy video

lost in melb.
12-13-2017, 11:32 PM
A SINGER has been jailed for two years after a music video showing her pouring milk over a banana and eating it suggestively was ruled too sexually explicit.

A POP singer has been jailed for two years after a music video showing her pouring milk over a banana and eating it suggestively was ruled too sexually explicit.
Egyptian singer Shyma caused a storm when she released the video for her single I Have Issues, which attracted over a million views in 48 hours, The Telegraph reports.
The clip showed the 21-year-old singing in her underwear and eating the banana in front of classroom of men.
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/6d86906c2ec70f1f20d294ad88f2f233

Shyma, who was arrested on November 18, later apologised for the clip in a Facebook post.
“I didn’t imagine all this would happen and that I would be subjected to such a strong attack from everyone, as a young singer … who has dreamt from a young age of being a singer,” she wrote.
In sentencing the pop singer, a Cairo court ruled that Shyma was “inciting debauchery” and fined her $1000.
The director of the video, Mohamed Gamal, received the same sentence.
Egyptian authorities under President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi have used wide-ranging morality laws to crack down on a range of artists.

deebakes
12-14-2017, 03:45 AM
:ffs:

lost in melb.
12-14-2017, 10:32 AM
I'm really down on Egypt after this. Pretending to be moderates to get tourists in. #disgust

Hal-9000
12-14-2017, 05:37 PM
ffs Britney Spears would have been shot 20 years ago.

Goofy
12-14-2017, 07:40 PM
Dirty hoor!