PDA

View Full Version : Amarillo Sox Mascot Fail

Oofty Goofty
07-04-2011, 12:44 PM
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x406/Oofty_Goofty/amarillosox.jpg

Last Friday, a day that seemed innocuous enough in Amarillo, Texas, the local minor league baseball team, the Amarillo Sox, were all set to unveil their new mascot.

As the Amarillo Globe-News recalls, "Instead of a soft looking sock-type mascot from nearly head-to-toe, the foot portion of the sock stuck straight out about 2 feet at the waist."

If you look at it, you can tell what the Amarillo Sox were trying to do. But a "foot" that emerges from the pelvic region just isn't what they had in mind. Instead, they were looking for more of a sock-like look. Something, I don't know, a bit limper.

Sox general manager Mark Lee was displeased.

"It was not the way I wanted it. I'm very disappointed in the lady who did it, and I've told her so. She is going to fix it to the changes we want. I want to say on the record, if we offended anybody, I apologize," he said.

Now, it's hard to figure out why the Sox wouldn't just follow the lead of the Boston Red Sox, whose mascot is a big, innocent, green pile of harmlessness.

We've seen weiner-esque mascots before. The 2012 Olympics logo looks a bit like a pair of dicks. And as NBC Sports' Rick Chandler points out, UMass-Boston's Beacon mascot looks awfully phallic, too.

Credit Chandler with this excellent line: "If excitement of seeing the Amarillo Sox mascot lasts for more than four hours, please consult your physician."

Teh One Who Knocks
07-05-2011, 12:45 AM
:bwaha:

Hal-9000
07-05-2011, 03:16 AM
:rofl:

dey gonna make de sock limper